Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day?

Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day?

IndianaCoaster

Posted:
8/20/04 at
3:14:58 PM

I'm planning to visit HW on Labor Day, but I'm unsure of the crowds? Their website says "they're not ESPECIALLY busy" but what does that mean? Any insight?

IndianaCoaster

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by dburdan dburdan Profile at 8/23/04 12:39:45 PM

> I'm planning to visit HW on Labor Day, but I'm
> unsure of the crowds? Their website says
> "they're not ESPECIALLY busy" but what
> does that mean? Any insight?

> IndianaCoaster
I have from my experiences that Holidays are good times to go to parks. Especially when they fall on Mondays. Most people either are at family picnics or on the road driving home from the Holiday weekend.

I've done Dorney several times on Memorial Day and Kings Island on July 4th. Dorney was deserted and Kings Island was not too bad either.

Not sure about HW, because I've never been there on a holiday, but since it's out in the middle of nowhere I would expect it to be less crowded than on a Saturday.

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by deeturner at 8/23/04 8:14:55 PM

EEEEEEWWWWWWW Yuck. Is all I have to say about Labor Day. Well, that is, at least for the crowd last year at Cedar Point.
This had to be the MOST crowded I have ever seen it there since I have been visiting.
Had to wait at least 1.5hrs for just about any of the good coasters (over 2hrs MF), and even Disaster Transport had little over halfhour wait.

Only other park Ive been to on Labor Day was BGW, and it was more crowded than the other times I have been also.

I wish I could help you with HW, but never been there on Labor Day.

Hopefully you will get lucky and not have to deal with the capacities that I have experienced with Labor day crowds.

Good luck ;)

Dee

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by Raven_Maven Raven_Maven Profile at 8/24/04 9:34:26 AM

> I'm planning to visit HW on Labor Day, but I'm
> unsure of the crowds? Their website says
> "they're not ESPECIALLY busy" but what
> does that mean? Any insight?

"Busy" is a very relative term. I've received scathing emails this summer from people complaining that they had to wait 10-15 minutes at rides.

Once we hit "back to school" time (which was two weeks ago), we go to weekends-only and our crowds drop back considerably.

For Labor Day Weekend...that Monday will definitely be the lightest in attendance. Internally, we would call it a "slow" day...certainly not crowded at all (as long as you're not the aforementioned emailer). The next slowest will be that Saturday, and Sunday is expected to be the busiest day of the weekend.

Hope this helps!

Paula Werne
Holiday World PR

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by loriu loriu Profile at 8/24/04 10:36:27 AM

> "Busy" is a very relative term. I've
> received scathing emails this summer from people
> complaining that they had to wait 10-15 minutes
> at rides.
> Paula Werne
> Holiday World PR

You have got to be kidding?! I'd be in heaven with 10 - 15 minute waits.

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by Raven_Maven Raven_Maven Profile at 8/24/04 11:31:20 AM

> You have got to be kidding?! I'd be in heaven
> with 10 - 15 minute waits.

I know, I know...emails such as those are pretty tough to answer. Someone else chewed us out because she said she had to wait 2-3 ride cycles at each ride.

We added a wonderful Nursing Mothers Room this year, adjacent to First Aid, with lots of rocker/gliders and other comforts. The first comment we heard was that we should add another one at the entrance to the park.

Sigh!

Happily, that sort of thing is in the extreme minority. We get lots of emails from happy folks, which certainly helps to balance it all out.

The big surprise of the season is how *well* the non-smoking policy went over. What a relief!

Paula

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by ysuindy at 9/2/04 11:41:59 AM

We are driving down from Indy Saturday afternoon and plan to spend Sunday and Monday at HW.

After coming on a Saturday in early August in 2003, this has to be better.

Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Dave

Re: Holiday World Crowds on Labor Day? by Coaster911 at 9/2/04 2:58:27 PM

> I'm planning to visit HW on Labor Day,

> IndianaCoaster

Really,what day? I will be there on Saturday if the weather is good, so look for me. I will probably wear my Volcano or TTD shirt.

Kelly