Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park

Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
2/25/04 at
8:20:22 PM

I haven't had a chance to post here in a while since the site freezes up on me at work. So even though this is old news, I thought I'd post it in case anyone in the Ohio area was interested.

The 15th Annual IX Indoor Amusement park is being held at the IX Center in Cleveland, Ohio from April 8 through May 2, 2004. All the usual Bates Amusements rides will be on hand along with a Pinfari Zyklon, Reverchon Flume, and this year, the IX Center will be booking in a Spinning Coaster. LONNOL mentioned it will probably be AoA's Crazy Mouse... which is fine by me since the only Spinning Coaster I have been on to this point is Kennywood's Exterminator, and I love that ride! With Waldameer getting "two" Spinning Coasters this year, I'll be dizzy by the end of summer!

Admission to the IX Indoor Amusement Park (I hate when they call it that- it's a carnival and nothing more) is $18 and includes parking. Discount tickets are available at local AAA offices and Cleveland area Marc's discount stores for $15. Flat ride highlights include a Dartron Downdraft, Dartron Cliff Hanger, Dartron Zero Gravity, Chance Inverter, Chance Zipper, Chance YoYo, an ARM (I think) Hi-Jacker, and the permanent Chance Gondola Wheel which soars through the roof of the building through a glass atrium (that needed a serious cleaning on my last visit). There is also a selection of walk-through, trailer-mounted fun houses and a trailer-mounted "3-D" dark ride... all of which are upcharge attractions, and a HUGE selection of Sellner and Hampton kiddie rides.

I'll have a full "report" of my visit (hopefully with Jeff M) when I go.

ray p.

Re: Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park by LONNOL at 2/25/04 8:41:21 PM

To be fair, I said it was AOA's or Steve Vander Vorste's ;).

Adam

Amusement Park History

Re: Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park by ray_p ray_p Profile at 2/25/04 8:51:44 PM

> To be fair, I said it was AOA's or Steve Vander
> Vorste's ;).

> Adam

Yes Adam... that is true. I just had no idea who "Steve" was! :) Does he do independent dates, or is he the head of a travelling amusement company? I've heard the name before (probably in one of your TR's!) but can't quite place him.

ray p.

Re: Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park by LONNOL at 2/25/04 9:10:54 PM

I beleive he does both independent fairs and books in with carnivals. His mouse is the one at the San Diego County Fair, Texas and Minnesota. He travels with it and several kiddie rides, two of which Mark sold him. He's also a very nice guy.

Adam

Amusement Park History

Re: Old News: Spinning Coaster at '04 IX Indoor Amusement Park by Catfish at 2/25/04 10:17:30 PM

> I haven't had a chance to post here in a while
> since the site freezes up on me at work. So even
> though this is old news, I thought I'd post it in
> case anyone in the Ohio area was interested.

> The 15th Annual IX Indoor Amusement park is being
> held at the IX Center in Cleveland, Ohio from
> April 8 through May 2, 2004. All the usual Bates
> Amusements rides will be on hand along with a
> Pinfari Zyklon, Reverchon Flume, and this year,
> the IX Center will be booking in a Spinning
> Coaster. LONNOL mentioned it will probably be
> AoA's Crazy Mouse... which is fine by me since
> the only Spinning Coaster I have been on to this
> point is Kennywood's Exterminator, and I love
> that ride! With Waldameer getting "two"
> Spinning Coasters this year, I'll be dizzy by the
> end of summer!

> Admission to the IX Indoor Amusement Park (I hate
> when they call it that- it's a carnival and
> nothing more) is $18 and includes parking.
> Discount tickets are available at local AAA
> offices and Cleveland area Marc's discount stores
> for $15. Flat ride highlights include a Dartron
> Downdraft, Dartron Cliff Hanger, Dartron Zero
> Gravity, Chance Inverter, Chance Zipper, Chance
> YoYo, an ARM (I think) Hi-Jacker, and the
> permanent Chance Gondola Wheel which soars
> through the roof of the building through a glass
> atrium (that needed a serious cleaning on my last
> visit). There is also a selection of
> walk-through, trailer-mounted fun houses and a
> trailer-mounted "3-D" dark ride... all
> of which are upcharge attractions, and a HUGE
> selection of Sellner and Hampton kiddie rides.

> I'll have a full "report" of my visit
> (hopefully with Jeff M) when I go.

> ray p.
I actually like going here though I didn't go at all in 2003. Granted it is overpriced and the rides are mostly rides you see at any county fair but it's a great way to kick off the season, The spinning Crazy Mouse is fun I rode it at the Ohio State Fair in 2002 and a good addition to this. The Downdraft is insane at not to be missed if you are a circular buff. The real treat is the I-X wheel which goes through the roof.