Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen

willyum000

Posted:
9/12/07 at
9:44:36 PM

Views: 14195

So I have RCT 3 and evertime it loads it goes to a black screen, it doesn't freeze because I can hear the music of the pregame video's playing and I can alt tab out of it.

Someone told me it's a conflict with xp, another person said its with a driver with my graphics card.

I have a Nvidia geforce 8600 GT, Pentium D 3.2ghz & a gig of ram, i also have everest and I'm quite computer savvy (so I can provide anyone with any information needed).

Could someone shed some light onto this situation????

Thanks.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen by Maclover at 9/17/07 1:41:04 PM

do you have pentium 3 or higher if not it won't work

alex

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen by willyum000 at 9/17/07 8:17:54 PM

Uhm I have pentium D 3.2ghz w/ 1gig ram & Nvidia Geforce 8600 Gt

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen by kroan kroan Profile at 11/13/07 6:59:58 AM

Try to update your graphic card drivers and your DirectX version.
If you got the saounds without the image it can only be one of this two things...

Otherwize, try to switch your antialiasing level to "none" in the RCT3 Graphics setup... This could help ;)

Please backup the issue ;)

Cheers

* This Post Has Been Modified *

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen by dancingspiders7 at 9/23/08 3:42:32 PM

hi,
that antialiasing is already none on my game.
and i have the highest directx that exists which is 10.
do you know any other things i can do? i can hear everything too.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Black screen by smegskull at 10/25/08 8:05:04 PM

i think the problem is your screen itself
i have 2 screens one clasic 15 inch flat screen moniter and one 32 inch HD tv and for me the image shows up on the old moniter but on the TV it goes blank but still plays the sound.
i think the reason for this is that the game changes some video settings (be it Hrz or Res) and the screen doesnt like it. i sugest you check the games default video settings somehow (readme or web) and check your moniters limitations if that doesnt explain it and you find another solution please e-mail me as i would love RC3 in HD lol