Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista

happyharvick29

Posted:
8/15/07 at
12:20:41 PM

Views: 57739

I can not get my game to load on my pc which has windows vista. Is there a way to get it to load? Thanks for your time.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by retroslag at 9/19/07 2:53:37 PM

I've gotten it to work by right-clicking on the icon and choosing run as administrator, then selecting allow when the security question comes up. I don't know if that's the only way to get it to work, but it works for me.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 1/13/08 11:06:43 PM

Click the icon and ignore the thing that pops up

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by RandolphWiseGuy at 2/1/08 9:06:58 PM

I tried running it as Administrator. I still get "runtime error" message, and my pointer changes from the gloved hand to a mini-disc with an arrow. Anyone got any suggestions? What does Atari say?

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 2/3/08 2:08:22 PM

Just x out of the autoplay and click the icon. That seems to work for me. Let me know if it doesn't.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by burk31 at 5/21/08 7:34:33 PM

I have had the same problem, I ran it as administrator, but it came up with the runtime error again (i did this by right clicking on the icon, not auto run).

If you have any suggestions, please tell me

Thanks!

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by lodecharger at 7/30/08 12:04:12 PM

My computer works fine with it. I always play ti but it never fails on me.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by Subzero15 at 7/30/08 4:22:14 PM

I only have Rollercoaster tycoon 2 but right clicking might help.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by tkl_02sunny at 5/2/09 5:48:25 PM

Did this ever work for you? I tried all the suggestions and nothing worked. I have VISTA and rct platinum will not work. It was install but I get the runtime error no matter how I try to run it. I've tried adminstrator, running in XP format..everything. If ANYONE can help, I'd appreciate it. Atari has nothing on their site to help. I bought the game for my kids and they can't play it!
Thanks!

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by Nicoolio at 5/14/09 8:49:36 AM

I am running RT3 in windows vista and have no problems other than it running slowly when i have a lot on my park. The trick i think is to access 'turn windows features off and on' and find 'turn file indexing on' Selecting this setting makes windows vista slightly more backwards compatible.

I hope this helps!

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by Sonia1985 at 9/15/09 8:33:02 AM

Hi,
i also have a problem with vista. The game comes up but when i click a scenario, the park comes up but its black. Anyone can help me please?

Thanks
Sonia

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by kingofcoaster at 5/15/10 2:36:14 PM

I've tried everything compalibility mode running as and administrater nothing seems to work someone please help me

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by bman603 bman603 Profile at 7/5/10 2:34:06 PM

Is RCT3 already installed onto your computer? Or is it installed, but the game itself isn't starting up?

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by nstrob55 at 8/18/10 8:34:44 AM

Hey I recently bought RTC3 and it wont let me run it at all. I have a dell laptop running on Windows Vista. At first it looked encouraging because it downloaded so well but since then I have had no success. All the forums give me these outdated links so i was hoping someone on here has gotten this game to work on Vista recently. I have also tried compatibility mode and running as Admin but none of these worked. Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by srstrobin at 8/18/10 8:47:17 AM

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble playing roller coaster tycoon 3 premium with my windows vista computer. When i'm done downloading the game i try to play it but a message comes up that is an error and won't let me get on. This is really frusterating because it looks like such as fun game. If anyone has any answers or can help me please PLEASE help.

Thank you

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by srstrobin at 8/18/10 8:47:36 AM

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble playing roller coaster tycoon 3 premium with my windows vista computer. When i'm done downloading the game i try to play it but a message comes up that is an error and won't let me get on. This is really frusterating because it looks like such as fun game. If anyone has any answers or can help me please PLEASE help. I have tried everything but nothing is working. Please if you know how to start this game up with out it saying run time error please help.

Thank you

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by CharmedMist at 9/11/10 10:06:44 AM

I just bought it yesterday and down loaded it as well. It hasn't given me an error but it did just shut down twice while playing it.

Because I bought the PC download and not the actual cd, I can't even take it to a different computer to play it.

I really am hoping I can get it to work. If anyone one has suggestions, please let me know.

I also got the Platinum, with the expansion kits, so not sure if I'll ultimately have to uninstall it and call it a loss or what.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by groundforce2 at 5/29/11 3:13:28 PM

Hi,

I tried all the run as admin etc and none of it worked but the link below sorted it out no problem! All you do is go to this support site and download and run a diagnostic tool. It asks you if you want to auto scan or search - I selected search and browsed to the Atari folder in C: program files. It found the game and then analysed it, downloaded an update, and auto updated the game. This it just...... WORKED!

On the bottom of the diagnoctic tool it mentioned Sony so it gave me some confidence to use. Think this is a common way they update secured games.

Hope this helps you out too!

https://support.securom.com/pop_rct3.html

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by jarams at 8/10/11 10:41:04 AM

Hello I just download 3 the pack on with all games and the Data 1,2
won't extracted the engine one dose but that on dosen't and the game is not working I did the copy and past the panda like it said to but says I need disc 3 can anyone help thanks

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Windows Vista by Johnvich at 3/11/14 5:21:47 AM
Many a time, useless files, spyware and junk files find their way into your system even without you being aware of it. Salution is that you need to use Krojam Cleaner for Speed up your pc.