Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3?

Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3?

TransAmOhioMan TransAmOhioMan Profile

Posted:
7/3/06 at
12:04:25 PM

Views: 19684

I don't like 3 that much for some reason. The 3d and stuff is cool. But 2 just is so much of a better feel, "as far as building a park" to me. 3 is just way to wacky. When I build coasters in 3D. I use No Limits now for years. So the 3D thing does not impress me on Tycoon 3. I play tycoon for the aspects of a park in a fun way. When I want to build a vary real coaster I go to my No Limits editor. I just feel 1 and 2 are better for the park building experience and more fun for that? And its not a PC graphics thing. My PC is strong.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by aboman at 7/20/06 1:52:59 PM

> Ive never played RCT1 , but I would rather play RCT2 any time over RCT3.
The main reason for me is the ease at which you can move around and change directions using the mouse on RCT2.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by xBlackcatx at 8/1/07 10:17:50 AM

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is to unrealistick. I like the second one better. You can't even drown people in the third one!

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by mvehouc at 8/18/07 5:29:19 PM

i like rct3 better because theres more types of people and you can zoom in better

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/23/07 9:29:03 AM

Yes, I much prefer RCT 1 and 2. In my opinion, they should have kept the isometric 2D view, just with far more detailed sprites.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by Zeuskitty Zeuskitty Profile at 1/21/08 5:05:19 PM

RCT3 is the BEST! - - Sure it took me a while to get a full hang of how to change all of my camera angles, and increase the settings on the graphics to get rid of the pop-up on the scenery. But with all the Modified scenery that can be added, along with the first person view of the rides. I dream about the game when I sleep at night.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by yukiynah at 2/12/08 5:56:54 AM

i prefer 1.. coz i can change both park entrance fee and ride's fee.. and i can LOAN!! btw, i can't loan on rct2.. anyone can help me??

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by rockmaster at 3/12/08 8:59:55 AM

I prefer the first one as for me it is more realistic. The second one is slightly better but a bit strange with people playing guitars and drums. As for the third one it's so boring having to work out the staff costs as well as adding prices and building paths. I prefer the first one but unfortunately it doesn't work properly as I got Vista even with XP it didn't properly work.
I get a message when trying to save in the game about debug. Then when I click debug it closes itself and goes back to desktop. If I click cancel it still closes itself and goes back to desktop.
I chose Windows 95 but you still can't save the game it does nothing. How can I get around this problem?
I e-mailed Atari asking for help they don't help as they're based in US. Really helpful that is. The thing that gets to me is when a new operating system installs on laptop or PC then you end up having problems. The thing that confuses me is back in Windows 95 and it changed to Windows 98 you could play games even though it was made way before Windows 95.
Now sometimes I can't play games for Windows XP but some cases I can play games for Vista for Windows 95. Why doesn't all games work?
No wonder PC games are becoming out of fasion is because once a new OS comes out it's too much for anyone to make patches. Therefore, sticking with PS2, PS3, Wi you can't go wrong as games will always be played.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by LizardsOmen at 3/26/08 1:43:00 PM

Yeah, it's a shame windows kills pc games by not being backwards compatible.

I really prefer 1 & 2 over 3. 1 is the best, but 2 gives you better scenery options. 3 is horrible because it's so unmanagable, but once you get the hang of the settings it becomes playable and quite fun. I also find you can do alot more in 3 even though it's really wacky.

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by crogiez crogiez Profile at 4/11/08 6:16:04 AM

hello

i have make the real scenario of TAJ MAHAL for RCT3
this is on mysite http://crogiez.free.fr

regards User Submitted Picture

15 scenarios for RCT3

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by MMountainMan MMountainMan Profile at 5/3/08 3:59:12 AM

I agree with whoever said something that was related to this. I like rct2 better probably. And I would use nolimits for realistic coaster modeling. rct3 just seems too cartoony and extremely involved. That was what actually lost my interest, having to care too much about how much to charge for ketchup, lol. I felt like I was wasting my valuable life in constructing a marketing strategy, lol. Good old rct 1 and 2 though. I swear I would spend like 10 hours straight playing that game. ....thinking about that now makes me realize how frighteningly addictive that game really is.

platinumcoasters

Re: Anyone Like RCT2 or Even RCT1 Better Than RCT3? by DieHardRCTFan at 7/2/08 2:41:27 AM

i would play 1 and 2 anytime over rct3, when i first popped in rct3 i did not realize what I was in for, i thought it was going to be a more detailed funner more realistic version of rct1 and 2, which it was in some cases, you can never recreate rct1and2...Rct2 hands down best roller coaster creator game thing out PERIOD.