Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

aerithchylde

Posted:
6/15/06 at
5:40:00 PM

Views: 287194

Well it's not titled RCT4, but it's being made by the same company, it will be released on PS2, Xbox, and PSP. Lucas Arts is publishing this title. It is called Thrillville, and it should be exciting. I am sure that Atari lost a big deal here, and we will most likely not see any new expansions for RCT3.
http://lucasarts.com/games/thrillville/

Re: RCT4 by Wicked_twister_freak at 6/16/06 11:08:16 AM

If Atari is scared why dont they make RCT4?And How do you know when new games come out I wish I did.

Re: RCT4 by aerithchylde at 6/16/06 5:38:51 PM

Atari is not doing well at all, showing massive losses. To the point that they may not be around much longer. Which is why we probably won't see an RCT4. This new one is pretty much RCT4. As it is being made by the same company that made RCT3, and if you look at the screens they look just like RCT3, even the peeps.

As for knowing when games come out. Well I am a gamer and read game sites all day. I also work in the gaming industry so I hear things from other people in the industry. Oh and I have been to all but 1 E3 in the last 6 years.

> If Atari is scared why dont they make RCT4?And How do you
> know when new games come out I wish I did.

Re: RCT4 by Wicked_twister_freak at 8/3/06 1:58:02 PM

You never told when it will come out.and what systems will it be out on.if your telling the truth I will probably buy it the day it comes out.

Please answer my questions.

Thank You

Re: RCT4 by xBlackcatx at 8/1/07 10:02:20 AM

Thrillvile is not nearly as good as roller coaster tycoon. I bet they will make a fourth roller coaster tycoon.

Re: RCT4 by steeleye5 at 9/21/07 10:12:10 PM

prolly will after The Creator and i think either atari or frontier get done in court

Re: RCT4 by kroan kroan Profile at 11/13/07 6:57:53 AM

Hi;

I'm not sure that Atari and Frontier will code a brand new version for this game... Unfortunately. As said before, Atari seems not to have made as much as money as they expected with the RCT3 suite because of the "lightness" of its content and its "High-Range performances required" on computers...
I'm confused...

Re: RCT4 by chava at 12/12/07 9:52:54 AM

they should make a rct4 with new and better graphics!! and real food places like burger king mcdonalds! and pizza hut so many!! they also should make the rides look more real! and better supports to the ride and they should have events on rct4 like a halloween one where u can decorate the park or a christmas one where u can add at big christmas tree!! that would be awesome!! every ride should also be built to make it go backwards or switch track or launch!!!! if i was rich and famous i would make rct4 i was even thinking they should make a halloween game called FRIGHT NIGHT! it can be about haunted houses u can make and pick a park like dorney park scream world or universal studios halloween horror nights!!!! u can hire people to scare add fog machines creepy and scary scenery!!! that would be cool!

Re: RCT4 by kroan kroan Profile at 12/29/07 8:05:34 AM

Ah... If only it could be...

For this moment on, the only thing we can learn about an RCT4 are only speculations... :(

Hope it will come true, and soon...

Re: RCT4 by hotroller529 at 1/13/08 6:24:28 PM

I think they should bring the Park manager expirence up...like (if they ever make a RCT4) they should give u the option to round out paths...and spli the ride Queue...and give u the option to make a resort...and possibly put in a couple of REAL resturants. The game is all about seeing if u'll make it in park management...so lets get more of a challenge...right? Oh, and let the rollercoasters switch trax...like in Expidetion Everest... :)

Re: RCT4 by Zeuskitty Zeuskitty Profile at 1/21/08 2:33:50 PM

RCT3 - - I want a new type of transportation ride. – You would build roads in the same fashion that you build the paths. The stations would be things like, bus stops, parking lots, bike racks, hitching post, that connect the roads with the paths. Peep would ride a Bus, a Golf Carts, bikes, horses, or a chariot to the next station and get off the ride.

Did I mention Golf Carts? I would love to build my own golf course - - Then play it!- Four!

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 1/24/08 3:44:48 PM

If theres ever a fourth one, I would wnat a lot of changes.
There should be steeper drops, longer helixes, taller and steeper overbanked turns, an easier way to make cusom supports, longer twists (similar to like top thrill dragster and kingda ka, that have twists the whole way down, and also, longer tops of hills, (like kingda ka's camel back)

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by lee_gold1 at 2/13/08 6:38:56 AM

why would they make rct4 for the ps2?

RCT 1,2 and 3 was on computer

i hope they make RCT4 for the PC.
ive completed all the others and im waiting for a challenge :]

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by AtariTech105 at 5/17/08 9:41:19 PM

Ok lets put these so called tales to rest. I cant tell you if we are bringing RCT4 in or not Im sworn by law to keep all production matters a secret.

RCT3 was a awesome title and still is from what can see. Its brought Roller Coaster Tycoon to a entire new level. So as for it dying out and going to PSP , Xbox , and Playstations not true at all.

Thrillville is a entirely diffrent type of game. All though Frontier has produced doesnt mean Roller Coaster Tycoon is doomed.

Chris Sayer owns rigths to the game and desides rather or no who helps produce it. Only he desides along with CEO's of Frontier and Atari, but what I can share is that they are still workin together.

As for Atari in trouble and having losses? Please thats like saying Donald Trump cant afford a Hotel. Atari is running strong and soon will be running stronger then ever. We have many new titles coming out in Fall of 2008 and for Spring of 2009. So Atari isnt fading anywhere fast.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the gaming life "Game on"

Richard Caudell

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by crogiez crogiez Profile at 5/18/08 11:13:59 AM

Hello

i am waiting for a RCT4
but i don't what new thinks to add in RCT4

so, i have make 16 scénarios and vidéos with RCT3
there are on my site : http://crogiez.free.fr

you can play always with RCT3
Regards

16 scenarios and vidéos for RCT3 on my site

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by Dan105fm at 5/29/08 12:14:36 PM

I played all the RCT games that have come out and i think they were amazing. the first one i played when i was 8 and i would be there for hours. even though thrillville is fun a few times, RCT was challenging and i hope they release a fourth one for the computer, not the consoles

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by hco_kid hco_kid Profile at 6/19/08 11:44:32 PM

I got Thrillville: Off The Rails for Wii and I don't like it because it's just not the traditional amusement park. There NEEDS to be a RCT4, because they could improve a lot. There needs to be more track elements already made up like pretzel loops, immelmanns, hammerheads, etc. And more track types like eurofighters, multi-loopers, better accelerators, stingrays, etc. And I know that Six Flags, Herhsey, and Holiday Park have all sponsered it but try to branch out and get more international, Busch corp, Cedar Fair.

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by cedarflags44 at 6/26/08 10:45:44 PM

if they make a rct4 they should have a park that is like cedar point and i love cedar point. and it should be twice the fun as rct3.

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by lodecharger at 6/29/08 5:30:41 PM

I think they should also make an RCT4 because then it could have better rides and more realistic things. They should add in better people graphics. The people should have better face features and more realistic clothes with actual functions. The food should have more shape and realism. also the people should talk instead of just screaming and puking.

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by Artemis at 7/5/08 11:03:28 AM

I would love to see RTC4 released in 2008, I really love RTC3 as its the first game where I have been able to have an expansion pack that allows me to create a waterpark also...

... However, it lacks many features and I agree there should be the option to add fast food restaurants such as Mac Donalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Costa Coffee, Harry Ramsdens, Pizza Hut, Starbucks etc

I want to see a game where you can turn your theme park into a complete holiday resort with hotels, apartments, villas, shops, restaurants, arcades, water park, zoo, bars, clubs, as well as choose where its located such as beachview, desert etc

Something like 'Ultimate Resort Tycoon' would be fabulous as well as a game where you can create a water park as the main focus like 'Aqua Tycoon' where theme park rides, and all the above can also be designed with hotels etc

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by Tailford at 7/7/08 7:30:12 PM

I think if they make RCT4 the ride creation should be like NoLimits and there should be more land for your sandbox mode park that u can buy and possibly have the good custom scenery installed into the game

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by RolrCstrMan at 7/10/08 11:35:52 PM

Ok, I own All 3 of the RCT's And both of the Thrillvile Games, And the Concept is COMPLETLEY different. In Thrillvile, You are a person walking around the park, While in RCT You are a camera in the air looking at the park. I love RCT3. It is Much better than the other two. I like Thrillvile to, but it's just not the same.

Re: RCT4 RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 by JVesely010 at 7/16/08 5:25:56 PM

I like RC3 and would indeed hope for a 4th soon, but I'd like to see the interface improved (RC3's interface was more clunk