Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > One way to break the 100mph barrier on RCT?

One way to break the 100mph barrier on RCT?

/\ Blast Coaster

Posted:
10/16/99 at
10:18:50 PM

Views: 267

I tried just about every way possible:

Built a Vertical Coaster with 28 downward helixes, didn't quite reach 100, topped out at a good 87mph though.

Built another Vertical Coaster, this time with a 255ft drop, wouldn't you believe it, 95mph.

...until...

Built a Reverse Whoa-Belly coaster covering the whole map in length, got going faster, faster, finally: up to 129mph!!!!! ...but then - Roller Coaster 1 has crashed!. It flew off the top, couldn't build it any higher. Oh well...

COASTERnet - RollerCoaster Tycoon

Re: One way to break the 100mph barrier on RCT? by Mr Pennywise at 10/16/99 11:09:23 PM

A friend of mine got up to 133/mph just by building as high as possible (lift hill) and going very steep, spiraling all the to the ground. Had an intesity of about 25.

Re: One way to break the 100mph barrier on RCT? by Mike at 10/17/99 8:08:02 AM

: I tried just about every way possible: Built a
: Vertical Coaster with 28 downward helixes,
: didn't quite reach 100, topped out at a good
: 87mph though. Built another Vertical
: Coaster, this time with a 255ft drop,
: wouldn't you believe it, 95mph. ...until...
: Built a Reverse Whoa-Belly coaster covering
: the whole map in length, got going faster,
: faster, finally: up to 129mph!!!!! ...but
: then - Roller Coaster 1 has crashed!. It
: flew off the top, couldn't build it any
: higher. Oh well...
Build a corkscrew coaster with an enormous amount of boosters set at maximum speed (you really need alot). Then make a steep drop as big as possible. I got it going at close to 115 mph I think

Re: One way to break the 100mph barrier on RCT? by Jim Disney at 10/18/99 3:16:37 PM

: I tried just about every way possible: Built a
: Vertical Coaster with 28 downward helixes,
: didn't quite reach 100, topped out at a good
: 87mph though. Built another Vertical
: Coaster, this time with a 255ft drop,
: wouldn't you believe it, 95mph. ...until...
: Built a Reverse Whoa-Belly coaster covering
: the whole map in length, got going faster,
: faster, finally: up to 129mph!!!!! ...but
: then - Roller Coaster 1 has crashed!. It
: flew off the top, couldn't build it any
: higher. Oh well...

The fastest I roller coaster I've build was the Reverse Whoa-Belly, but like everyone else's, it crashed. The vert only gets up to 95MPH, I've tried all kinds of stuff, it just don't work. I think someone else already posted this, but the only way I've been able to beat this is to build a corkscrew lift hill and top it out as high as it'll go, then you have a whole run of boosters set to 67MPH. Then drop the coaster into the dirt and it should hit 117-120MPH. I hope the steel twister coaster will be able to hit 100+MPH. The only problem I've run into with these coasters though is that they're too intense. So, good luck on building one that'll work.

JD

Re: 145mph by HBK at 10/24/99 10:08:38 AM

just build a corkscrew coaster as high as u can then put lots of bosters at 67mph then make it spiral down as low as u can go make sure u go underground if u can

My site