Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coaster Games > What I'd like to see for RCT

What I'd like to see for RCT

Cal

Posted:
9/15/99 at
6:59:26 AM

Views: 199

Is a staff manager! He should cost quite a lot but once you employ him he should be able to make sure your handymen, guards, mechanics and entertainers are working as hard as possible and keeping your paths vomit free and your rides in top shape. Then you can get on and build the coaster of your dreams without worrying about the rest of your park going to hell!

Cal

Re: But what about MY needs??? by CoastaPlaya at 9/15/99 12:33:54 PM

: Is a staff manager! He should cost quite a lot
: but once you employ him he should be able to
: make sure your handymen, guards, mechanics
: and entertainers are working as hard as
: possible and keeping your paths vomit free
: and your rides in top shape. Then you can
: get on and build the coaster of your dreams
: without worrying about the rest of your park
: going to hell! Cal

Tell us, Cal, since you've seen Corkscrew Follies...do you get to build inversions in varible sizes? And if so, are you stuck with preassigned sizes (like the up/down helixes) or can you actually shape the inversions as you can with banked turns?

Or should I be reading one of your reviews for the answer? :-)

-CPlaya

Re: What I'd like to see for RCT by Joseph at 9/15/99 2:48:51 PM

: Is a staff manager! He should cost quite a lot
: but once you employ him he should be able to
: make sure your handymen, guards, mechanics
: and entertainers are working as hard as
: possible and keeping your paths vomit free
: and your rides in top shape. Then you can
: get on and build the coaster of your dreams
: without worrying about the rest of your park
: going to hell! Cal
I'd like to see a Caliope introduced as a Theme/Decorative item. As it is now, the only music comes from the Merry-Go-Round and the Bumper Cars. There have been many times where I am building in areas distant from the music, and it just seems to lose a bit of the atmosphere. It would also be cool if you could select a musical genre for the Caliope to play (e.g., , General Amusement Park, Martial, German, Scary, etc). Joe

Re: What I'd like to see for RCT by Cal at 9/16/99 5:23:32 AM

I'd like to see a Caliope introduced as a
: Theme/Decorative item. As it is now, the
: only music comes from the Merry-Go-Round and
: the Bumper Cars. There have been many times
: where I am building in areas distant from
: the music, and it just seems to lose a bit
: of the atmosphere. It would also be cool if
: you could select a musical genre for the
: Caliope to play (e.g., , General Amusement
: Park, Martial, German, Scary, etc). Joe

There will be different music in the add-on, but I'm not sure which rides it will work for.

Cal

Re: But what about MY needs??? by Cal at 9/16/99 5:25:49 AM

Tell us, Cal, since you've seen Corkscrew
: Follies...do you get to build inversions in
: varible sizes? And if so, are you stuck with
: preassigned sizes (like the up/down helixes)
: or can you actually shape the inversions as
: you can with banked turns? Or should I be
: reading one of your reviews for the answer?
: :-) -CPlaya

I'm not sure. Basically, as all the pieces slot together, I don't think you can vary sizes too much or you'd never get a complete circuit. A bit like Arrow, really! But there will be larger loops in this one. It's called Added Attractions in the UK - wonder why it has a different name in the US!

Cal

Re: What I'd like to see for RCT by Moondew at 9/19/99 4:45:07 PM

The update needs to have more "rides" and more variety rollercoasters, but minor things I'd like to see are...

1) Any ride can be partially or totally enclosed in a building, without using land. You should be able to select it like setting a patrol area for personnel.

2) All rollercoasters should have a tunnel/covered ability, like the water slide, anywhere you like.
Also, you should be able to put an awning-type roof over the station without constructing a whole building for it.

3) The Miniature Railroad needs to have "crossings". It's amazing how civil engineers have
come up with a way for a road and a railroad track to intersect without an overpass or underpass... You should be able to do this in RCT. I haven't seen it in the expansion pack either. Maybe even the Mini Cars can have crossings too?

4) More textures for creating actual looking buildings.

5) Water should be a texture as well so you can run it up and down hills, even making waterfalls.

6) The fantasy scenery is nice for themeing, but what about real scenery such as boulders and rocks?