Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Has America Seen I'm Alan Partridge?

Has America Seen I'm Alan Partridge?

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
10/14/01 at
1:45:58 PM

Views: 596

I've just replaced my VHS tapes with the DVD (Region 2) and whilst the picture is not exactly stunning, it has reminded me just how spectacularly funny the series was. I wondered if it was ever broadcast in America?

The character first appeared as a sports presenter on BBC news spoof The Day Today. Next, they put him in a fake chat show format called Knowing Me Knowing You. It was funny, but hit and miss. This was followed by the 6-part sitcom I'm Alan Partridge, which I'm convinced is 3 hours of condensed, non-stop comedy gold.

The scripts are so tight, with a genuinely hilarious climax to each episode, featuring either: cheese; chocolate mousse; a falling cow; a crazed fan...

Alan takes a 12" plate to an all-you-can-eat buffet that only provides 8" plates. He discusses the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre whilst he is in bed with a woman...

Maybe it's just my sense of humour, but I wonder if this has been seen worldwide and the humour translated?

Graeme