Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Video Gaming vs. PC Gaming

Video Gaming vs. PC Gaming

BReNt

Posted:
10/9/01 at
8:59:57 PM

Views: 627

In my first video games post, someone mentioned how PC gaming is better than Video Gaming. What do you all think. I think Video Games shove PC games 50 feet underground. Yeah, PC has more games, but what is better to you , for example,a multiplayer game, sitting on your comfortable couch with three friends with controllers a decent length away from the system, or everyone ganged up with computer chairs/ extra chairs in the house sitting in front of the computer with the screen right in front of you? I think PC gaming is only better for "Create Your Own Style" gaming, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, The Sims, Sim City, and others, because of course it's not as easy to make one on a console. How about you guys?

Take it Easy

-BReNt

Re: Video Gaming vs. PC Gaming by Pantera Psycho at 10/10/01 8:26:03 PM

I prefer video games. Video game systems are more designed for the video games they have and make it easier to play the games while PC games are slightly more complicated to play. Both are very fun, but I'd take a video game any time, also they're quicker for the most part.

Video Gaming vs. Mac Gaming (heh heh) by gracie_0801 at 10/14/01 5:01:53 PM

If it's a game, I'll probably play it. Be it video games (we have an N64 and a PSX), computer games (we both have iMacs), word games or board games. While I'm picky about my games, I do much prefer computer games.

I don't really know why. To be honest, I think is has something to do with the fact that I'm in front of my computer more than I am in front of the TV.

But give me a game of Scrabble (the real thing) any day, and I'm happy.

Gracie

Re: Video Gaming vs. PC Gaming by ray p at 10/16/01 4:18:00 PM

I've been playing video games all my life. To me, they are just so much easier than "installing" a pc game, having it take up hard drive space... etc. With console gaming, all you do is pop in the cd (or cartridge, or whatever GameCube will be using) and start playing. With the more powerful systems like PS2 and the upcoming XBox, console games are just about as graphically detailed as their PC counterparts.

I'm amazed at how far we've come in the video game world. When I was at Cedar Point on Saturday I noticed all of the "classic" games in the main arcade and at one time, they were "all that". Games like Berzerk, Frogger (which still rocks), Turbo, and the very advanced Space Harrier were all graphically amazing in their time. Now, with games like Gran Turismo 3 on PS2, and some of the adventure games like ICO and Devil May Cry, the graphics are just mind-blowing. Heck, Madden 2001 looks like an actual game.

ray "i've owned an Atari 2600, NES, GameBoy, Super NES, Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, PlaySTation, 3DO, Saturn, Game Gear, Lynx, Dreamcast, PS2 and Game Boy Advance" p.

Re: Video Gaming vs. PC Gaming by Etaylor at 10/18/01 6:12:33 PM

I'm with you, they each have their place.

PC Gaming is good when you want to be alone.
Crash Team Racing is my favorite Console game, and I think it's the best with 3 of your closest drunk friends hanging around trying to kill each other. This can't be done on a computer.

Eileen