Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows

The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows

gracie_0801

Posted:
10/8/01 at
1:18:13 AM

Views: 704

Sounds like a thesis or a dissertation.

Just wondering what some of your fave shows on t.v. are. I know mine is by far Whose Line is it Anyway?. And I have to admit that my boyfriend's obsession with Star Trek is wearing off on me. I am really enjoying what we've seen of Enterprise so far. Other than that, I would have ot say my least favorite television show is the last two months of Cubs games. OK, that isn't a show, but you must admit it wasn't pleasant.

Gracie/Seeta

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by MMountainMan MMountainMan Profile at 10/8/01 3:21:46 PM

I enjoy who's line is it anyways, i find it highly entertaining accept when they tend to have their minds in the gutter.The simpsons is great, Drew Carry is funny at times.Sometimes i watch prime time glick, if you hav'nt seen it just watch it and i think you'll be highly amused.BattleBots has always been a favorite.To some people this might seem childish but Dragon Ball Z is one of my top favs.

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/8/01 6:34:06 PM

I think my favourite sitcom of all time is I'm Alan Partridge. I also like anything with Ali G in it. Bo!

Graeme

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by CoastaPlaya at 10/8/01 9:51:24 PM

I rarely, rarely have time to watch TV at all and am usually 2 years behind on movies--save for the bits and pieces I see when everyone else watches. But when I do watch...

- Iron Chef (Food Network): Weekly 'battles' between top chefs hosted by a Liberace lookalike. Overly dramatic, badly dubbed and edited even worse...it's the MST3K of the 21st cen

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by CoastaPlaya at 10/8/01 9:56:03 PM

I rarely, rarely have time to watch TV at all and am usually 2 years behind on movies--save for the bits and pieces I see when everyone else watches. But when I do watch...

- Iron Chef (Food Network): This Japanese import features weekly 'battles' between top chefs hosted by a Liberace lookalike. Overly dramatic, badly dubbed and edited even worse...it's the MST3K of the 21st century. CBaby and I just can't stop laughing or interrupting each other's sentences by yelling "Koo-san!" (Watch it...you'll see.)

- Primetime Glick (Comedy Central) - Martin Short as a grossly overweight, self-absorbed talk show host, played entirely in character. Sure, it's the same stuff every week--ignoring guests, diving face-first into JuJuBes or falling out of his chair. However, Short dives into his character with such gleeful exuberance it's practically irresistable. Put it this way: Until this show, I couldn't STAND Martin Short, even in "Father of the Bride." Okay. Especially in "Father of the Bride."

- The Simpsons (Fox) - preferably of Bill Oakley/Josh Weinstein vintage. Conan O'Brien and David Mirkin's work wasn't bad, either. Mike Scully is a hack.

- King of the Hill (Fox) - I can't even explain it. I guess it's the celebration of idiotic stereotypical maledom in all its forms...misguided boyhood, biological adulthood and cynical grandparenthood.

- The Andy Dick Show (MTV) - This is one sick, twisted guy. Does he really need drugs? Ben Stiller's guest appearance was one of the high (low) points of this disgusting, funny, revolting, hilarious show.

You know what? Maybe I watch more tube than I think...

-CPlaya

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Pantera Psycho at 10/9/01 7:55:42 PM

Favorite: The Simpsons
Least Favorite: anything on CNN

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Johnny Mnemonic at 10/9/01 9:30:06 PM

The X Files

Malcom In The Middle

Six Feet Under

Will And Grace

The Practice

I set my watch by these shows, otherwise my set stays off unless I'm catching a DVD.

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by rollergator at 10/11/01 10:45:43 PM

Daily Show, Sportsnight, NewsRadio, South Park, FOX's old Sunday nite line-up was the best...NO ROBOT shows, we've had ENOUGH already!

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Beast&SOBFan at 10/11/01 11:29:13 PM

My favorite show has to be WWF Raw is War.

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by LONNOL at 10/13/01 10:08:28 PM

The Simpsons

Law & Order (any one before the 2001 season, the new assistant DA is painful to watch)

Raw & Smackdown...what can I say, it is still the wonderful, immature combination of fighting and scantily-clad women

Seinfeld

The Daily Show- the only news show that matters

Most anything on VH1: Rock N Roll Jeopardy, Behind the Music, the Top 100 Lists- love 'em all!

Will & Grace/Just Shoot Me, two fun sitcoms

LONNOL

Amusement Park History

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Chisox2k1 at 10/14/01 11:38:52 AM

I have a few:

Late Night with Conan O'Brian
Whose Line is it Anyways?
The Mole
The Man Show
Drew Carey Show

Ugh! by gracie_0801 at 10/14/01 4:48:40 PM

I was with you until you said The Man Show. :P

Gracie

Oh man, we live by CNN! (n/m) by gracie_0801 at 10/14/01 5:04:04 PM

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by DARKrideDAN at 10/16/01 8:48:42 PM

Leave it to Beaver, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Make Room for Daddy, Fawlty Towers

I am 25 years old

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by BReNt at 10/17/01 6:19:58 PM

THE SIMPSONS!!!!! Why you say? Because The Simpsons is an "intelligent comedy". To write and make all of those quotes and all of the sattire in almost 13 years is amazing. The way the characters are similar to the ones in real life are outstanding...you walk around and see people like you see the Simpsons in every day life. For example:

Apu: The Illegal Alien at your local convientent store.

Chief Wiggum: The Cop that rarely does his job.

Comic Book Guy: The sarcastic guy in any collectibles store.

Ned Flanders: The super religious guy that uses " Darn Diddily Darn" instead of profanity.

Mr. Burns: The old guy that barley can live

Mr. Smithers; The man who loves things a woman does, man who sucks up to his Boss.

Ralph: The ADD child who can't pay attention and doesn't have alot of common sense.

Lisa Simpson: Any nature loving girl

Martin Prince: The nerdy kid who uses corny insults.

Krusty the Clown: Any celebrity that acts like an ignorant uncareful shmuck outside of his work

Barney: The alcholic whos at the bar 24/7
And of course:
Homer Simpson: Father that loves his children but makes himself in idiot in public

Simpsons rule. Mid 90's SNL is a close second .

Later
Brent

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Rickyswmn at 11/4/01 5:31:58 PM

But when I do watch...

- Iron Chef (Food Network): Weekly 'battles' between top chefs hosted by a Liberace lookalike

LOL!!! Rick and I watch this to :)

Diana

Re: The wonders of television: A survey of URCers fave shows by Rickyswmn at 11/4/01 5:34:44 PM

I pretty much answered this in the Jerry Springer topic but, I watch mostly comedy shows and movies.I love comedy central and I do watch Iron Chef once in while like I stated above.The only Prime time shows I watch is My wife and kids. I never really watched friends or 90210 stuff,lol.

Diana