Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Anybody like Rent or any other musicals?

Anybody like Rent or any other musicals?

coaster nerd

Posted:
9/19/01 at
3:00:38 PM

Views: 596

Hi , I used to do alot of posting on the RCT board , but i haven't been back for awhile . Does anybody else here like musicals , thats all i listen to . I also volenteer at the comunity theater . oh , BTW , i'm 14 years old . ok i don't have much to say . This is basically what the message below that i posted with the title "hi" , assuming anybody read it . Anyway , my current obsession musical is Rent . My friends had to put up with my loud singing when we were on the Zipper at the fair last week . Ok thats all i have to say now . bye

- Gail

Re: Anybody like Rent or any other musicals? by Coaster Zeke at 9/22/01 3:39:57 PM

No, I'm not into musicals or Broadway shows by any means, but I can tell you it's perfectly fine to have different tastes in entertainment than people you know or your friends. For instance, I've always had a very diverse & contrasting taste in music. You may find anything from Metallica to Enya to even classical music in my CD player at any one time. I believe I like most types of music with the exception of Rap, Country.....I. E. sh*t stomp, & opera

Coaster Zeke

Re: Anybody like Rent or any other musicals? by Kayenta Coaster at 9/22/01 5:13:56 PM

RENT! I love Rent! I have yet to see it (I will in April! Woo hoo!) but I've been listening to it for about a year and I love it! It's the coolest thing ever! It's also the inspiration to a musical I am writing in loving memory of Jonathan Larson, the creator of Rent. I'm also getting a few of my friends into Rent, and they love it! It's so fun to walk around school singing stuff from Rent with them!

Re: Anybody like Rent or any other musicals? by coaster nerd at 9/22/01 5:25:32 PM

cool , I get to see Rent in october and i have been listening to it for about 2 weeks .

Re: Anybody like Rent or any other musicals? by Pantera Psycho at 9/23/01 6:23:33 AM

Phantom of the Opera (although more of an opera since there's little to no dialogue) has always been a favorite of mine, Iced Earth also did a great job making a song after it. Rent I thought was pretty good though, I'm not the biggest musical person (as in broadway musicals), but I did enjoy it.