Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread

Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread

d_n_s_u

Posted:
7/14/10 at
11:13:27 AM

Views: 653

Well..the original idea that others may want to play along with us on this thread didn't exactly come off - no probs though :-)

The shows must go on and for that reason lets share our No 3 Movies right here right now.

Clue..If I had to score the next movie out of 10 I would give it an 11..

This is Spinal Tap! LOL!! Classic!! :-)

Too many reasons to write why I love it so much.

"..They (the audience) were still booing him when we were on.."

Spinal Tap..My No. 3

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 7/14/10 11:49:29 AM

Spinal Tap is indeed awesome. I too prefer to crank it up to 11.

With that said, and continuing my new trend of horror movies, my number 3...The Exorcist. Do I really need to elaborate? A completely freaky psychological horror film that, to this day, creeps me out when I watch it. Nothing like pea soup and creepy "spider walks" down stairs...

I actually have a bit of a story to share on this one...it was Halloween, and The Exorcist was on TV (I was probably 13 or 14 at the time)...I was watching it with my brother, and in the middle of the movie, the volume starts to go down by itself...the remote control was sitting on a table, untouched...we turned it back up...a few minutes later, it went back down. Very creepy. (It turns out that the button for volume on the remote was sticking, for whatever reason...so, less creepy I guess). But it definitely got to me. :)

So there you have it. Number 3: The Exorcist!

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/14/10 7:58:45 PM

Being a rock and roll fan, I probably should like This Is Spinal Tap more than I do, but it has its moments.

I caught up with the Exorcist too late too fully appreciate. I've only seen the restored version that came out some years ago. I can imagine the impact it had on its original release, and it's a classic of the genre.

Speaking of genres, my #'s 1,2, and 3 movies all happen to be musicals (don't try to guess, you'll know soon enough!) #3 is Milos Forman's 1979 film version of something I essentially no longer have..HAIR.

It's the story of a farm boy on his way to join the army who falls in with and is befriended by a group of hippies in Central Park. It's set in the sixties, but its anti-war, pro-love and friendship messages transcend the setting. Treat Williams gives a stunning performance as Berger, the hippies' leader. I knew the songs before I ever knew the movie or the musical from which it was adapted, and I saw the film on its original release before ever seeing a stage production. I'm glad of that, because the film's writers changed a MAJOR sequence. They turned it into the most ironic, gut-wrenching twist possible. I cannot watch without crying no matter how many times I see it. The movie has an incredible energy despite a few sequences that I feel slow it down terribly.

Mike

Re: Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 7/14/10 11:14:36 PM

Sadly, I'm not much for musicals...Grease, sure...my favorite musical has to be Sweeney Todd, but that's for another thread, I suppose. :)

Re: Your Favourite Movies: The Number 3 Thread by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/15/10 5:44:48 AM

> Sadly, I'm not much for musicals...Grease, sure...my
> favorite musical has to be Sweeney Todd, but that's for
> another thread, I suppose. :)

>
Grease would be in my Top Ten. I saw it 18 times on it's original theatrical run in 1978. Then, the next year, it was released on a double feature with Saturday Night Fever, and I sat through the bill twice in one day!

Mike