Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > OK, Gary..I'll Post This One

OK, Gary..I'll Post This One

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
6/5/10 at
6:34:43 AM

Views: 805

R. Lee Ermey dead at 66. His performance as the Drill Sergeant in Full Metal Jacket is a forever one.

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by d_n_s_u at 6/5/10 1:07:14 PM

I remember watching FMJ - What a great performance he gave!!

I like the way he was cast as the voice of the soldier in charge in the Toy Story movies. :-)

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/5/10 1:30:20 PM

> I remember watching FMJ - What a great performance he
> gave!!

> I like the way he was cast as the voice of the soldier in
> charge in the Toy Story movies. :-)

>
I FORGOT about that!!! And BOTH Toy Story movies are in my all time top 25 flicks..I can't believe I forgot. He was also in one of the latter day Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, bad as it was!

Toy Story 3 opens here June 18th, the Friday before I leave on my 4 park trip. Will I see it before I leave? While I'm away? When I get back? When it hits DVD? I WILL see it, trust me....

Mike

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by d_n_s_u at 6/5/10 2:06:10 PM

Have a great trip!!

Mike, You have given me a great idea for a new thread here..Your all time top 25 movies...!! :-)

I'm going to have a think of my top 25 and come up with my list.

Anyone can play the forthcoming:

"YOUR TOP 25 ALL TIME FAVO(u)RITE MOVIE THREAD!! The "u" is there because I'm from across the Pond don't you know? :-)

RULES:

We all post our 25th favourite on July 1st perhaps together with a line as to why we like it??

24th favourite on July 2nd,

23rd favourite on July 3rd...etc...etc...

25th JULY = Everyone's Favourite Movie!!

And why July??..

It gives anyone else reading this post time to go away and think of their own 25 favourites in time to get their lists ready....

Are you up for it Mike(and anyone else who frequents this cult like corner?) :-)

Cheers

Gary

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/5/10 3:13:17 PM

Well, a coupla things...

I don't have my list written down or anything like that. So I'll probably miss some, and there might be some that don't deserve the spot. That's the fun of lists, though..they're ever-changeable.

I'm not sure exactly when I'll be back from my trip, but it may be right around that date..after it, if things go the way I hope. Since it'll probably be just me and you participating..although it'd be a case of "the more, the merrier"..we can start anytime. But it would be a good idea to wait a bit to see if anyone else joins the discussion. I'm planning on leaving on June 23 for Ohio, then into Canada.

Coincidentally, the movie that ranks at the tippy-top of my list is being shown tonight at a restored 1920's movie palace in Jersey City, which is the next town over. I won't reveal it, but I saw it on the big screen on its initial release, and again about 4-5 years ago. Seen it hundreds of times, of course, on TV, tape, and DVD. I'm going to the screening tonight..only 6 bucks, plus the bus fare. There's a hot dog place next to the theater that I haven't been to in some years, so I'll go after church and have a couple franks before the show!

I gotta get to 25...

Mike

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by d_n_s_u at 6/5/10 3:32:23 PM

Yes, lists change and we can change the rules as we go along anyway! :-)

Not sure I'm going to be around for the whole 25 and it may mean me posting 2 or 3 at a time but..that's the beauty of posting on the net I guess.

My top 25 will be my top 25 as of the day..It changes often! :-)

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by d_n_s_u at 6/6/10 5:22:00 AM

..Thinking on, let's make it our Top 5 movies!

LOL!!

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/6/10 4:47:53 PM

> ..Thinking on, let's make it our Top 5 movies!

> LOL!!
>
Five actually sounds reasonable. Then, we can do TV shows, rock songs, record albums, hot celebrities..the possibilities are endless! No roller coasters, though..we're off topic!

My movie was fun last night, as I knew it would be. A shouting match...laced with obscenities...with a clerk at Dunkin' Donuts got my night off to a bad start, though...

Mike

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/13/10 10:14:31 AM

Top 5? I'm up for it...and I agree about the "endless possibilities." Just let me know when. :)

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/13/10 10:45:51 AM

> Top 5? I'm up for it...and I agree about the "endless
> possibilities." Just let me know when. :)

Welcome to the off-topic forum..AKA "THE DARK SIDE". Glad you'll join us. Gary'll get us started in a coupla weeks.

Hey Gary! We got one!

Mike

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/14/10 10:23:00 AM

Thanks for the welcome...always glad to see what other coaster folk are interested in, outside of being adrenaline junkies...

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/14/10 12:23:45 PM

> R. Lee Ermey dead at 66.

Surprised no one corrected this by now.
He isn't dead, was a hoax or some such.

Mike B.

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by d_n_s_u at 6/14/10 2:02:21 PM

> > R. Lee Ermey dead at 66.

> Surprised no one corrected this by now.
> He isn't dead, was a hoax or some such.

> Mike B.

That's great news Mike B. Thanks! I bought Full Metal Jacket from Play.com and glad I did - I'd forgotten what a great film it is. :-)

..However..I do have to say that my favourite film of that genre has to be Boys in Company C

maelstrom-xiii: As beastmaster stated, I'll start a TOP 5 Movie Thread soon..July 1st to be exact and we can go on from there.

- Nice to have you and any others on board! :-)

Mike (BM) Have a great quadpark vacation! :-)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/15/10 7:15:32 AM

> > R. Lee Ermey dead at 66.

> Surprised no one corrected this by now.
> He isn't dead, was a hoax or some such.

> Mike B.

That's good news. It'd be sad to see Sarge bite the dust on the eve of of the Toy Story gang's return to the big screen..in 3D, no less! Tough dilemma this weekend..see the Toys or prepare for my trip? I leave next Wednesday for Ohio.

Hmmmmm.

Mike

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/15/10 10:21:01 AM

Well, perhaps if you have a couple hours free time in Ohio, you could catch the movie there?

Re: OK, Gary..I'll Post This One by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/15/10 10:43:09 AM

> Well, perhaps if you have a couple hours free time in Ohio,
> you could catch the movie there?

Unless they'll show it in a theater at Kings Island or Cedar Point, I'm guessing probably not. I WAS actually considering seeing it in Canada, though. I don't even know if it would be in English. Then again, I'm partly deaf, so that hardly matters! LOL!

Mike