Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP

Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP

d_n_s_u

Posted:
3/10/10 at
1:26:04 PM

Views: 777

Corey Haim (38) the Canadian-born actor who rose to fame in the eighties following such movies as The (brilliant) Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream and License to Drive has been found dead.

He was found at his apartment in California in the early hours of Wednesday morning and was pronounced dead at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Centre in Burbank.

So young. So sad.

On the subject of RIP I refer back to Farrah Fawcett in one of my earlier posts and am still scratching my head as to why she was excluded from both the Oscars and BAFTAs tribute sections.

Re: Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/10/10 8:22:09 PM

>
> So young. So sad.

Continuing a long tradition... River Phoenix, Brittany Murphy, Heath Ledger. Too many to list.

> On the subject of RIP I refer back to Farrah Fawcett in one
> of my earlier posts and am still scratching my head as to
> why she was excluded from both the Oscars and BAFTAs
> tribute sections.
>
I didn't watch one second of the Academy Awards. But I saw a quote from someone associated with the production of the show that she was "better known as a television actress." The woman made 17 theatrical movies! Varying degrees of quality, of course...who can forget "Sunburn?"

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP by d_n_s_u at 3/11/10 1:59:21 PM

Crikey..yes..Sunburn....and Saturn 3..... :-(

Extremeties was a good film though...

..Interesting that Michael Jackson WAS included in the tributes section..Now then..how many movies did he make???? :-)

Re: Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/11/10 2:20:12 PM

> Crikey..yes..Sunburn....and Saturn 3..... :-(

Cannonball Run? And Logan's Run. Any other "Runs?"

> ..Interesting that Michael Jackson WAS included in the
> tributes section..Now then..how many movies did he make????
> :-)

As far as I know, only one..unless you count Men In Black, where he appeared on a video screen.

Mike

Re: Corey Haim : The Lost Boy: RIP by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/5/10 12:07:52 PM

So, Gary, apparently he died of natural causes. The findings were released, and it appears Mr. Haim's demise was related to pneumonia.

Thought you'd like to know.

Mike