Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > They don't make kids' shows like this anymore..

They don't make kids' shows like this anymore..

d_n_s_u

Posted:
2/8/10 at
1:15:42 PM

Views: 804

When I was young I watched a lot of TV..

Wacky Races. Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch. Funky Phantom. Pink Panther. Banana Splits. Marine Boy. Shazzan. Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Rocket Robin Hood. Top Cat (A great take on Bilko and named Boss Cat in UK for some reason)Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines. The Perils of Penelope Pitstop. Josie and the Pussycats. Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space. The Jetsons. The Impossibles. The Flintstones. Scooby Doo. Wait ' til your father gets home. Yogi Bear. Pixie and Dixie. Huckleberry Hound. Hong Kong Phooey. Inspector Gadget. Autocat and Motormouse. Tom and Jerry. Captain Caveman. Dynomutt: Dog Wonder. Popeye. The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan. The Adventures of Tin Tin. C.B. Bears. The Harlem Globetrotters. It's the Wolf (..that's who it is..) Magilla Gorilla...

Oh and I watched this from the UK...(er..after I got married..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXEHA6-5J-M&feature=related

Gotta love Niamh Cusak and the haunting music courtesy of the brilliant Miriam Stockley

What did you watch?

Gary

Re: They don't make kids' shows like this anymore.. by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/13/10 10:11:35 AM

Granted I'm only in my 20s, but even looking back it's terrifying to see what my kids are watching today, compared to what I had: Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Voltron, GI Joe...as I got a little older, Spiderman, Batman, Rocko's Modern Life...probably the closest thing to Spongebob that there was...of course, this was only back in the 80s and 90s, so it's probably not all THAT shocking for some...but still...my kids'll grow up without having known the greatness that is a team of ninja reptiles, beating anonymous ninjas (with feet on their masks) senseless, all while quipping horrible surfer dude vernacular...it's a sad world.

Re: They don't make kids' shows like this anymore.. by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/13/10 11:14:24 PM

Ghostbusters was released in 1984. Are you sure it was part of your childhood? I'm freakin' old.

Re: They don't make kids' shows like this anymore.. by maelstrom-xiii maelstrom-xiii Profile at 6/14/10 10:13:19 AM

I have an older brother, so anything he watched, I watched. I'm 24 by the way...so '85 I was born...I got to see a lot from VHS and whatnot, but yes...Ghostbusters was awesomeness. And I was referring to the cartoon more than the movies, but I saw it all.

Re: They don't make kids' shows like this anymore.. by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/24/10 1:40:39 AM

From my perspective, if you're not alive when it was released in the theaters then it doesn't count for your childhood or whatever. In other words, VHS and DVDs don't count.