Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Current State Of WWE

Current State Of WWE

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
2/6/10 at
10:07:12 AM

Views: 803

I know there's a couple of folks on URC who are or have been fans of wrestling, specifically WWE. I rarely watch anymore. Most of the guys I liked in the 80-early 2000's are dead, retired, no longer fun to watch, or making horrible movies like The Tooth Fairy (are you listening, Mr. Johnson?) I've recently watched a couple of programs, though. There were a couple of newer guys I kind of enjoyed watching, like Seamus and Dolph Ziggler (he reminds me of Jeff Jarrett in his prime.) I still like the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, but their acts have changed. Can't stand Jericho and Cena and CM Punk. Most other names induce a Who Cares feeling in me.

Anyone wanna share thoughts?

Mike

Re: Current State Of WWE by Nocho at 2/9/10 9:44:24 AM

OMG! I cant believe you posted this. All i have been doing this winter is watching old wrestlemania clips, Hogan, Andre, Studd, Bundy.. then i starded catching up, Stone Cold, Rocky, HHH, Goldberg..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deAAxHFqHa8&feature=related

you gotta watch this if you havent already

Re: Current State Of WWE by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/13/10 6:30:12 AM

> OMG! I cant believe you posted this. All i have been doing
> this winter is watching old wrestlemania clips, Hogan,
> Andre, Studd, Bundy.. then i starded catching up, Stone
> Cold, Rocky, HHH, Goldberg..

>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deAAxHFqHa8&feature=related

> you gotta watch this if you havent already

Hey, Nocho! Good to see another rasslin' fan on here. Ever go to live events? I haven't been to one in at least 10 years...ECW in Asbury Park. I've been to dozens of evenys at Madison Square Garden and the Meadowlands arena here in Jersey. I even went in the ring once on Halloween. I dressed up for a Paul Bearer look-alike contest..didn't win, but I got a nice round of applause from the crowd and met Irwin R. Shyster (Mike Rotundo, aka IRS.)
What sucked was that my buddy Anthony had dressed as the Undertaker, and together we looked awesome, but they wouldn't permit him in the ring with the Paul Bearers. People were taking pictures of us in the stands. The really odd thing was that Anthony was shorter than me!

I've been to 4 Wrestlemania's..IV, V, X, and XI. My favorite wrestlers...at various times in THEIR careers: Undertaker (earlier years) Shawn Michaels (middle years-now) Mr. Perfect (RIP) Ric Flair, Bret Hart, The Rock, Val Venis, Jeff Jarrett, others too numerous to mention.

Mike

Re: Current State Of WWE by Nocho at 2/16/10 9:03:26 AM

> > OMG! I cant believe you posted this. All i have been
> doing
> > this winter is watching old wrestlemania clips, Hogan,
> > Andre, Studd, Bundy.. then i starded catching up,
> Stone
> > Cold, Rocky, HHH, Goldberg..

> >
> >
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deAAxHFqHa8&feature=related

> > you gotta watch this if you havent already

> Hey, Nocho! Good to see another rasslin' fan on here. Ever
> go to live events? I haven't been to one in at least 10
> years...ECW in Asbury Park. I've been to dozens of evenys
> at Madison Square Garden and the Meadowlands arena here in
> Jersey. I even went in the ring once on Halloween. I
> dressed up for a Paul Bearer look-alike contest..didn't
> win, but I got a nice round of applause from the crowd and
> met Irwin R. Shyster (Mike Rotundo, aka IRS.)
> What sucked was that my buddy Anthony had dressed as the
> Undertaker, and together we looked awesome, but they
> wouldn't permit him in the ring with the Paul Bearers.
> People were taking pictures of us in the stands. The really
> odd thing was that Anthony was shorter than me!

> I've been to 4 Wrestlemania's..IV, V, X, and XI. My
> favorite wrestlers...at various times in THEIR careers:
> Undertaker (earlier years) Shawn Michaels (middle
> years-now) Mr. Perfect (RIP) Ric Flair, Bret Hart, The
> Rock, Val Venis, Jeff Jarrett, others too numerous to
> mention.

> Mike

If I could go back in time to see a sporting event, it would be Wrestlemania 1,2, and 3. I have never been to a live event. I was into it big during the Hogan/Giant era, followed it a little after that, then almost none in the 2000's. But I am getting back into it again. I'll tell you though, I watched RAW last night and it's hard to stand the 120 commercials they show. HHH is cool, i think Cena looks like he doesnt care anymore.

I like going on YouTube and watching all the stuff I missed.

I always though my friends were wierd who got so into it, but now i feel like i missed out on 20 years of fun..

take it easy

Re: Current State Of WWE by Nocho at 3/4/10 8:21:41 AM

HBK vs The Undertaker. I think the streak might come to an end... I hope not. I think I might buy the PPV for this one.

Re: Current State Of WWE by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/4/10 8:54:22 AM

> HBK vs The Undertaker. I think the streak might come to an
> end... I hope not. I think I might buy the PPV for this
> one.

As recently as 4-5 years ago, would have ordered a PPV to see that match featuring two of my favorites. But it certainly doesn't get me excited now, and I haven't ordered a PPV in probably 12-13 years. I understand Shawn's supposed to leave WWE or retire if he loses, I figure he'll "win." Is that WrestleMania? When is it?

Mike