Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Flight of the Conchords

Flight of the Conchords

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
6/10/09 at
10:53:21 AM

Views: 5093

Anyone else obsessed with this TV show?

The first I saw on it was a concert on BBC4 to promote the 2nd season. Bret was wearing a Union Flag jumper, so I suspect it was filmed in the UK. The songs sounded really catchy and the humour appealed to me, so I watched the rerun of the first season (which followed the concert).

Well, it was brilliant! Funky songs, hilarious dialogue.

I'm on the second season now and really enjoying it. Just wondered if there were any other fans on here?

Re: Flight of the Conchords by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/4/10 1:28:46 PM

Old thread, I know. But I was looking at some old topics.

I work at a performing arts center in New Jersey. Arj Barker, who is apparently one of the stars of this show, will perform here in September.

I'd never heard of him before seeing him on our schedule. Wonder what he does outside the context of the show. Does he sing? Play? Do stand-up comedy? A little of everything? Hmmm.

Mike

Re: Flight of the Conchords by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/25/10 4:18:31 PM

He's a stand-up comedian. In Flight of the Conchords, he plays their friend, Dave, who runs a shop for his parents.

Re: Flight of the Conchords by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/28/10 5:47:29 PM

> He's a stand-up comedian. In Flight of the Conchords, he
> plays their friend, Dave, who runs a shop for his parents.

The show I referenced above ended up being cancelled. He sold barely 60 tickets in a 500+ seat theater.

Mike