Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Football's BACK!

Football's BACK!

imagineer imagineer Profile

Posted:
9/5/08 at
5:47:13 PM

Views: 1181

Another NFL season is upon us, so you know what that means, its time for season #3 of our football discussion. I haven't been too active on the threads for a while whether roller coaster related or otherwise, but you know I had to start this annual thread. Thoughts on this season? I hope my beloved Steelers can provide Ben with some freakin pass protection this year, but without Alan Faneca, it's going to harder than ever, especially with the leagues toughest schedule.

Another thought, why is it that the Patriots get the leagues easiest schedule when they went 18-1 last year? They already play in the easiest division, why not make the rest of their schedule more difficult?

Zac, who is posting for the first time from college!

Re: Football's BACK! by imagineer imagineer Profile at 9/8/08 1:23:19 AM

Well, good start to the season for the Steelers as they ran over Houston, I was really impressed. In other good news, Tom Brady is hurt and it looks like he could be out for an extended amount of time. One could only hope :) Darn!

Zac, who had been to college football games before, but didn't appreciate it until he went to a game as a student. It was so much fun. GO WOLFPACK!

Re: Football's BACK! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 9/8/08 7:18:51 PM

I just hope the Bill's get a win against a team that doesn't suck!

Fingers Crossed

Re: Football's BACK! by imagineer imagineer Profile at 9/14/08 12:29:08 PM

I assume eventually that if I post enough, people are bound to come over to the OF and discuss football like we have been the last two seasons. So anyways...

I've got my Terrible Towl out and I'm ready for the late game tonight where the Steelers will be playing the "new and improved" Cleveland Browns. I will hold my tounge about the game, because every time I make a prediction or belittle a team, it blows up in my face, but you know where I stand.

Any Browns fans want to comment on their wonderful team or are they too busy worrying about how the Steelers could beat them for a tenth straight time tonight (I'm lookin at you Ethan)!

Zac

Re: Football's BACK! by imagineer imagineer Profile at 9/25/08 12:42:38 AM

I fell asleep during the Steelers-Eagles game after spending all morning in an ice rink and thank God I did! Is it too much to ask for the offensive line to do what they are paid for? COME ON! That's all I have to say about it.

Zac

Re: Football's BACK! by duxstar duxstar Profile at 9/29/08 10:17:55 PM

Im a 49ers fan, football is depressing for people like me when your team is the suck. We should've beaten New Orleans but Just Turn Overs (JT O'sullivan) threw the ball away twice inside the 20, and our defense gave up huge plays because our dumb coach refuses to get out of a nickel package and supply pressure =/

Re: Football's BACK! by imagineer imagineer Profile at 9/30/08 1:25:26 AM

Well, the Steelers squeeked through this week with an overtime field goal by Jeff "Clutch" Reed. Thank the lord the defense still knows how to play football. The offense still looks really suspect, but at least we beat the freakin' Baltimore Browns. I still can't stand you Art Modell!

Zac

Re: Football's BACK! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 10/11/08 9:54:27 AM

> Im a 49ers fan, football is depressing for people like me
> when your team is the suck.

Join the club, I'm a Bill's fan. UGH, we all had a little bit of hope when we were catching all sorts of breaks. But this past Sunday showed what an awful team we really have. Losman doesn't help either, LMAO, he wanted to go to another team in the off-season, but nobody would sign him. He seems so cocky in like interviews and everything. Hopefully Edward's will recover soon!

Re: Football's BACK! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 2/1/09 10:06:26 PM

Too bad one team has to win.

So far, no class, from either side.