Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > What is your opinion of President Bush?

What is your opinion of President Bush?

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
8/30/01 at
8:50:43 PM

Views: 760

or president W. I am not really sure how I stand on him other than I hate to hear him talk. I was a Gore supporter, but after hearing some of his comments, I am glad he lost. It would have been interesting to see if Clinton would have won if he could have run again. I will go out on a limb and say he would have.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by rollergator at 8/31/01 4:27:20 AM

environmental issues - potentially disastrous
civil rights/humanitarian issues - same
fiscal issues - same
women's issues - same
international relations - same
overall report - laughable, but you get what you voted for, or didn't vote for (as is the case for a majority of the American public, albeit slightly so). At least November 2004 is on the way!

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Brad Brad Profile at 8/31/01 4:06:43 PM

I was greatly dissapointed when George W. was declared the winner of the insane election. I find hid comments about gay and gey marriage extremely upseting. Just what we need; a closed-minded biggot in the White House. It's not the president's job to decide morals for the country. There's no reason to not allow gay marriage (I won't go any further into this because I just get upset and I'm sure you all don't want to hear my gripes :))And I agree, his stand on environmantal issues is just as bad.

> or president W. I am not really sure how I stand
> on him other than I hate to hear him talk. I was
> a Gore supporter, but after hearing some of his
> comments, I am glad he lost. It would have been
> interesting to see if Clinton would have won if
> he could have run again. I will go out on a limb
> and say he would have.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by CoasterCrazy at 8/31/01 5:32:55 PM

I have to agree with Brad- he is a bigot! I also do not like the comments that makes on gays and gay marriages! He is the President, he should be trying to make peace not war! He should not be pushing his REALLY CONSERVATIVE views on people!This is the year 2001, people are not as strait laced as they used to be, things are more accepted nowadays! He is just a basher, a gay basher! He will ruin everything that Clinton did! I don't like how he now wants to drill in Alaksa for oil, Clinton being an enviromentalist was soooooo against that- but here comes Bush coming in to F*** up everything thats good about this counrty! I don't like him at all, I will respect him because he is the president but I do not have to like him!! I also do not understand the whole case with his really stupid daugters!This whole underage drinking thing! I am 26, and I did my share of drinking before I was 21 and getting people to buy it for me but what gets me is that these girls know they are in the limelight and they are being watched 24/7, get real, I wouldn't do stupid things like fake id's if my daddy was Pres.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by kelly at 8/31/01 9:29:12 PM

> or president W. I am not really sure how I stand
> on him other than I hate to hear him talk. I was
> a Gore supporter, but after hearing some of his
> comments, I am glad he lost. It would have been
> interesting to see if Clinton would have won if
> he could have run again. I will go out on a limb
> and say he would have.
Since i live in TN I feel that I know the real egore i mean al gore (little freudian slip). First off al gore is not as smart as the media would have you believe After all he flunked out of divinity school and law school (Vanderbilt) . If you think that Bush had a silver spoon in his mouth Al was no different . The rest of the counrty should take note that Al lost his home state of TN ' so the people that know him best voted for Bush . When was the last time a guy running for president lost his home state ? I 'll tell you never . This was a first ,and I can tell you TN is fairly well split as far as the number of republicians and democrats .
As far how Bush is doing I geuss i would give him a B- . I am very happy about my tax rebate and I think that he should keep cutting the bugdet because under clinton/gore federal spending went through the roof . There is way too much waste in goverment spending . You can't just fix a problem by throwing more money at it you need a well thought out plan and there seems to be a dirth of those lately .

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Pantera Psycho at 8/31/01 10:30:55 PM

I think this board here and the responses are living proof about how exaggerated everything says about him is. No, I didn't want him as our president, but the least we can do is watch his presidency with an open mind, and seriously, he hasn't done anything too bad yet, in fact, something I was hoping for, he got rid of the death tax. Sure he's done a few things that I didn't agree with, but hey, if Al Gore were in office, I know of one thing he would've had done already that would've really gotten me mad, and that's cave in to his wife and have everything censored as much as possible. I know Bush will push something before too long, like his stance on same sex marriages is very narrow minded, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a biggot, that's just taking it too far there. The man also did elect a favorable cabinet in my mind, especially picking Colin Powell, I thought that was a great move, I'd been hoping he'd run for president actually, but this is the next best thing. Yet, so far, despite the vacation, I'd give Bush a B for now, has done a couple things favorable IMO, and a couple of things unfavorable IMO, but nothing to pull either way very far.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Coaster Zeke at 9/1/01 3:34:37 AM

> or president W. I am not really sure how I stand
> on him other than I hate to hear him talk. I was
> a Gore supporter, but after hearing some of his
> comments, I am glad he lost. It would have been
> interesting to see if Clinton would have won if
> he could have run again. I will go out on a limb
> and say he would have.

I didn't vote for him, but yet I wasn't all too sold on Gore. Gore did get my vote though, but he was a little (out there on environmental issues).

As for Bush, I thought he was way too cocky during the debates. He did way too much strutting around like an old rooster. As for his leadership, well, let me just say I hope Cheyney's health will hold out because he's the one really running the show. I don't think Bush really has a clue. He's not his Dad. George Senior was one heck of a great president. Also, Bush seems to want to ignore the rest of the world. He wants missle defense regarless of what other nations think about it. He figures the ABM treaty can just be ignored. I'd worry far more about what a nation who's already a nuclear power thinks rather than being concerned about some remote possibility of a third world country aqiring nuclear weapons & ICBs.

Coaster Zeke

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/2/01 2:23:06 PM

The man is ignorant, bigotted, dangerous and laughable. What on earth was your country doing chosing this THING to represent and lead your beautiful country?
We laugh at Bush over here in the UK - or rather, we would laugh if we weren't so scared of his potential for causing havoc to the planet. An ignoramus with too much power is not a laughing matter.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Pantera Psycho at 9/2/01 9:29:59 PM

Forgot to say, I also don't take seriously anything that Leno or Letterman says about him (or Conan or Kilborn for that matter).

BTW, in the UK, what do they tell you that makes you think that? Obviously there's some propaganda going on here, because that's just what I was talking about with things about him being exaggerated.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/3/01 3:52:09 AM

> Forgot to say, I also don't take seriously
> anything that Leno or Letterman says about him
> (or Conan or Kilborn for that matter).

> BTW, in the UK, what do they tell you that makes
> you think that? Obviously there's some propaganda
> going on here, because that's just what I was
> talking about with things about him being
> exaggerated.

They don't tell us anything. It's the stuff that comes out of his mouth that tells us all we need to know!

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Pantera Psycho at 9/4/01 1:19:51 AM

Be more specific, because everyone says all this stuff about him, and especially earlier in his presidency, I was watching what he said very closely, because, personally, I wanted to be able to rip into him myself, but I haven't caught anything that taken how he meant it, would be all that terrible.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by rollergator at 9/5/01 2:28:04 AM

I'm happy to see responses from outside the surprisingly narrow confines of the U.S. Seems we yanks don't care too much what the rest of the world thinks. That will change, given time. It DOES concern me, however, when the other developed nations consider us more of a threat to peace than a peace-keeping, or even better, a peace-loving nation. The US no longer "holds all the cards" when it comes to diplomacy and international relations, and definitely is not in a position to pass judgement on other nations until we clean up our own house first.

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by tea3mono at 9/5/01 7:29:03 PM

So far, Bush is a great leader for this country! Not did I only vote for him (in Ohio, if you're wondering), he has been honest, especially about his past mistakes.

Let me say that George W. Bush has restored dignity to the white house after giving it a serious cleaning! I applaud him for his pro-life, pro-family stance, as well as giving tax dollars back to the people. Where would you want the money to go: A. some people in the ghetto who are constantly getting handouts? or B. YOU?

As for the economy, the reason it is down is because we are still in a Clinton fiscal year. The main reason for the public's Bush-bashing is because the media is closely affilliated with the democrats. Especially Dan Rather - when he spoke at a Dems' fundraiser, as well as him putting the Chandra Levy story on the backburner.

Also for that "working vacation" Bush is on, do you call building a house or giving key speeches a "vacation?"

In conclusion, George W. Bush is the breath of fresh air needed to dust of the dirt of liberalism blanketing this counry!

Want more info? watch Fox News, listen to Rush Limbaugh, or visit drudgereport.com. Also see newsmax.com, where you'll see a U.S. map of red (Bush) littered with little blue dots (Algore)

T. Allen

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Pantera Psycho at 9/5/01 7:53:52 PM

Speaking about all this cleansing, you think Bush has himself or hired anyone to scrub out the oval office yet?

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Aaron8402 at 9/6/01 7:04:26 PM

Hey y'all!
I am SO GLAD that Bush is the president instead of Gore!! Whenever Gore would speak, he seemed (to me) like he thought he was better than everyone or something. That was just my impression. I'm not old enough to vote, but if I were, I would have voted for Bush BIG TIME!!! I think he is doing a fine job as President! I don't realy keep up on politics that much (Hey, I am only 16 lol), but he seems like he is doing good.

><> Aaron <><

Manatees
Douglas
Anne Hutchinson
Q*Bert

(It's a CENTRIFUGE thing)

Re: What is your opinion of President Bush? by Pantera Psycho at 9/11/01 5:04:08 PM

Speaking of Bush, anyone else agree that this is his big chance to prove himself as a president? Seriously, he pushes the right buttons here there's even a chance that he can win me over. Anyone else share the same feelings?

To the person who feels that liberalism is a dirty blanket . . (long) by gracie_0801 at 9/26/01 10:59:07 AM

Every politician has hidden agendas. It just so happens that we got a President whose hidden agendas I highly disagree with.

I would like to say that whether or not you like the guy, finger pointing at Democrats or Republicans is getting really old, really fast. I'm a Democrat, and proudly so, but I know that my party has faults. Loyalty is irrelevant when someone does something wrong. (This goes for Condit and for Clinton's misuse of the Oval Office). This does not mean, however, that we have to disregard people as irresponsible, disrespectful, etc, etc. Bill Clinton did a lot of good for this country. And anyone that denies that is simply not owning up to the fact that a Democrat actually did some good.

Now, onto someone's post that I felt the need to respond to.

>So far, Bush is a great leader for this country! Not >did I only vote for him (in Ohio, if you're >wondering), he has been honest, especially >about his past mistakes.

Bush was only honest about his past mistakes when he was confronted by the media. Not to say that anyone's personal life from college has a bearing on how they do their job, but he would have never come clean about his problems if it weren't for the media (sounds like Clinton to me). And I'd hate to debunk this statement, but if you voted for him, chances are you are going to approve of the job he is doing. I have met a few people that regretted voting for him, but most that did are sticking by their decision. That's to be expected. I will say though that I've met more people who regretted voting for him than I expected.

>Let me say that George W. Bush has restored >dignity to the white house after giving it a serious >cleaning!

Dignity never left the White House. Bill Clinton is still seen internationally as one of the most dignified men to ever run this country. People LOVE him. Look at the response he got in Harlem. Clinton made VERY bad decisions. Who hasn't? He made a huge mistake by misusing the Oval Office. Who's to say that another President hasn't done the same and just didn't get caught? I'm sure the Oval Office has been used for much worse.

>I applaud him for his pro-life, pro-family stance, >as well as giving tax dollars back to the people. >Where would you want the money to go: A. some >people in the ghetto who are constantly getting >handouts? or B. YOU?

Good for you for being pro-life. I am pro-choice, and very proud of it. I know what it's like to be in the position that many women unfortunately find themselves in, and let me tell you, it is not an easy decision. Abortion will never go away even if it is outlawed. This also goes for homo-sexuality and guns. So, why are we still debating these issues? And if I had to choose between money going to me or marginalized people living in poverty . . . I'd choose the latter. I've always made it, and I don't need a "handout" from the government. Anyone who wants the money over people in the "ghetto who are constantly getting handouts" is clearly greedy. Try giving money instead of taking it for once. Try living in the "ghetto" and seeing what that's like. Try being a minority in this country and getting a fair shot at everything you do. It doesn't happen. If you don't believe me, than you've never been through it like I have.

And personally, I would rather pay more in taxes to fund programs that we ask our gov't to provide than get a tax rebate. I had decided to send the check back. I disapprove of the tax cut and any tax cut for that matter because that means something in the gov't programs will get shafted. And being a student of the arts and an employee of the education institution, chances are, it will be those programs. We've seen it before, we'll see it again.

>As for the economy, the reason it is down is >because we are still in a Clinton fiscal year. The >main reason for the public's Bush-bashing is >because the media is closely affilliated with the >democrats. Especially Dan Rather - when he >spoke at a Dems' fundraiser, as well as him
>putting the Chandra Levy story on the backburner.

The failing economy is due to lack of consumer confidence, which started toward the end of Clinton's term. People started to save their money because of uncertainty as to who our next President would be. When we learned that we would have a Republican President, people continued to save. This is not to say that Republicans make bad financial officers. This is to say that the last two recessions we've been in have been while a Republican was in office. The President is just a figurehead in the scheme of the economy. We are the major factor, and if the political climate changes, we respond. That is what happened, it had nothing to do with how Clinton handled it. If you want to question Clinton's reccord with money, check out the balanced budget and the huge surplus we had and how well it was being used. I don't see that happening in the current administration. And to be honest, Bush-Bashing is no different from Clinton-Bashing. It's just different people doing the bashing. And personally, I bash on Bush more when he makes stupid mistakes when speaking. I'd make fun of anybody who does that, why should I exclude him?

>In conclusion, George W. Bush is the breath of >fresh air needed to dust of the dirt of liberalism >blanketing this counry!

I don't appreciate anyone impling that liberalism is dirty. I am a morally upstanding individual who has bothered to go out and get an education, a job, and who pays taxes. People who cry that liberalism is taking over are simply not secre in their own beliefs to just stand behind them and not insult and accuse. There is not "blanket" of anything over this country (except for fear due to recent events). As a liberal, I always notice what I think is more conservatives than liberals. That's simply because they stand out more to me because I disagree with them. The same goes for the other side of the story. The country is decently balanced in opinion. If it weren't the election would have been more clear cut.

>Want more info? watch Fox News, listen to Rush >Limbaugh, or visit drudgereport.com. Also see >newsmax.com, where you'll see a U.S. map of >red (Bush) littered with little blue dots (Algore)

Clearly you are not a student of journalism. Fox news is famous for its sensationalistic nature. Rush Limbaugh runs an opinion-based show. Listening to him will convince me of nothing except that he is preaching to the people that already believe what he is saying. If he were any good at convincing people who don't believe in what he is saying, he would be more popular. To me, he comes off as nothing more than a talking head. And I've never heard of newsmax.com, but for that very reason that I've not heard of it, it does not sound reputable to me. I will continue to watch CNN, MSNBC and listen to NPR (which is admittedly liberal) and read up for myself to make decisions on my own without letting talking heads make decisions for me.

President Bush is handling this crisis nicely. His administration is doing a nice job as well. Before this, his policies on faith-based funding, the environment, the tax cut, minority rights, and social security were awful and down right scary. I feel for anyone that is suffering from his poor decisions. His agenda is what I would call centrally located. He is interested in what works best for the people around him, not the country. And I stand by my claim that we have our first corporate President.

And one more thing. I can see why people don't like Al Gore. But most people haven't given the guy the chance he deserves (some of that is by his own fault). He may have flunked out of some educational programs, but I remind people that so did Einstein. Gore is not Einstein. But he is extremely intelligent. He is still a politician. But at least he is one who cares about being progressive in a country that is, in practice, moving forward.

Gracie

Re: To the person who feels that liberalism is a dirty blanket . . (long) by rollergator at 9/30/01 1:55:30 AM

It's late and I'm going to bed, but I read your post with great interest and have to say "Bravo"!!!!