Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Football 2008

Football 2008

imagineer imagineer Profile

Posted:
9/20/07 at
8:38:19 PM

Views: 1346

Wow, it's been a while. I haven't posted on URC in forever. Oh well, what better way to come back than to talk about the NFL season again. Hey Ethan, how about those Browns in week 1? Steelers are 2-0 against those tough teams out of Cleveland and Buffalo!

Zac

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/20/07 10:34:05 PM

> Wow, it's been a while. I haven't posted on URC in forever.
> Oh well, what better way to come back than to talk about
> the NFL season again. Hey Ethan, how about those Browns in
> week 1? Steelers are 2-0 against those tough teams out of
> Cleveland and Buffalo!

Boooooooo,

But look at week two. We won in the eighth highest scoring game in NFL history. The second highest was Cinci and us and we lost that time.

I made a bet for the Steeler's not to be the best in the division... 1 dollar with a Steeler's fan.

Here we go Brownies!

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 9/29/07 9:12:22 PM

> Cleveland and Buffalo!

> Zac

GO COLTS!!!!!!

~MommaBeast, who hails from Indianapolis, IN....

Re: Football 2008 by imagineer imagineer Profile at 10/2/07 4:10:30 PM

Steelers lost to the Cardinals.

Noooooo!

3-1 isn't bad though.

Zac

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/2/07 9:24:57 PM

It was great. BROWNS BEAT THE RAVENS!!! AND THE STEELER"S LOST!!!

Wonderful weekend, too bad for you Imagineer.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 10/2/07 9:45:33 PM

> Cleveland and Buffalo!

> Zac

> GO COLTS!!!!!!

> ~MommaBeast, who hails from Indianapolis, IN....

BINGO, MOMMABEAST!!! We hoosiers have to stick together!

-Josh, who hails from both Fort Wayne, IN (college) and Lafayette, IN (Actually, it's 45 min. away from Lafayette, but no one has ever heard of little tiny Ambia)

ABOUT DEM COLTS!!! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 10/3/07 12:54:39 AM

> GO COLTS!!!!!!

> ~MommaBeast, who hails from Indianapolis, IN....

> BINGO, MOMMABEAST!!! We hoosiers have to stick together!

> -Josh, who hails from both Fort Wayne, IN (college) and
> Lafayette, IN (Actually, it's 45 min. away from Lafayette,
> but no one has ever heard of little tiny Ambia)

The injuries have me concerned, but the Colts have so many weapons that whatever hurdle is thrown at 'em, they just adapt, regroup, and triumph.

Peyton and the Colts have raised the NFL to such an intellectual level --- it's truly amazing to watch our QB engineer the plays and drives that he does.

PEYTON FOR PRESIDENT, lol!!!

~MommaBeast

Re: Football 2008 by imagineer imagineer Profile at 10/8/07 2:29:48 PM

Steelers trashed the Seahawks 21-0. Our division sucks this year. The Browns look alright, the Bengal and the Ravens both look bad. It's only five weeks in, but still, its not a good start for those guys. As for the Steelers we are 4-1 and in control. Yeah!

I would like to reiterate this year how much I hate the Patriots. Alright already! We get it, you're good. You don't need another super bowl to prove it! If Belichick gets four super bowl rings, he'll be tied with Chuck Knoll and that can't happen. Chuck Knoll was about twenty times the coach that Belichick could ever hope to be.

Zac

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 11/18/07 5:16:07 PM

Here we go,

Browns are 6-4 and have had a rare season sweep against the Ravens winning 33-30 in overtime thanks to a miracle kick by Phil Dawson. What an ending, plus that beautiful pass during a blitz from Anderson to Winslow to get into field goal range.

So last time I checked in was after a week two victory against the Bengals, who have gotten banged up this season.

Week 3- Heart breaker due to a lame time out. We lose against the Raiders... ugh.

Week 4- We make another comeback and show somewhat dominance in the division, outside of the dang Steelers at least. We dominate the Ravens, no matter how much smack they give us.

Week 5- Who can beat the Patriots? Sorry Mommabeast, not even Peyton this year, who also had a sad loss to the Chargers. Hate to say it, but I see the Pats taking another Super Bowl easily. Hopefully, at least the Brownies can attempt at a wild card spot, we just need to stay ahead of the Bills and wedge our way in.

Week 6- Who can't beat the Dolphins? Not even the Browns could blow this high scoring game. We win by 10.

Week 7- Bye week.

Week 8- Another sorry team, meaning the Browns first consecutive wins in years. This was the easy part of the season, and it has gotten much harder as of late. Braylon Edwards was unstoppable in this game.

Week 9- A great game, taking the win by a field goal in overtime (sound familiar), 33-30. Best part is, I got to watch the Browns win, and see Matt Hasselbeck do good (he's my fantasy QB).

Week 10- Lalalalalalala! I can't hear you lalalalalala!

Week 11- 33-30 in overtime. Good game, and I was heartbroken before they overturned that wacky kick calling. Hmmn. Wacky kick calling, say that 10 times fast.

Looks like AFC North could send two playoff seeds this year, and one of them isn't the Ravens. Maybe we'll see you there Imagineer, and maybe we can finally learn how to hold a lead.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by imagineer imagineer Profile at 11/19/07 2:33:21 PM

How could the Steelers lose to the freekin' Jets! They never beat the teams that they should. The coaching has been dissapointing as of late. If the run isn't working for you, then stop going to it. Willie Parker up the middle is not surprising anyone.

It's like Bill Cowher is back on the sidelines calling plays again. Running on first and second down and leaving for a long third has been a staple of the Steelers since I started watching them, and frankly I'm tired of it. We have a good quarterback and recievers, why don't we use them. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm disgusted by the Jet's game, but at least we pulled off a victory against the Browns!

Zac

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 11/19/07 3:44:44 PM

Yeah,

Pretty funny to lose to the Jets, at least the Browns swept the Ravens, hey good for you to get that done also.

I've also been frustrated by this. The Browns will take the lead, and then Derek Anderson goes into give up mode. I don't think he realizes we need more points to secure the lead. He just hands the game over to our defense and they can't handle something like that. In a game dominated by our offense they'll be worn down by the end of the game. How does he think we'll win if we don't score throughout the entire game.

And what does this lead to? Phil Dawson being forced to save a game for us. It has worked two out of the last three games, but it shouldn't have been in his hands in the first place, our offense is good enough, just hold the ball, take time off the clock, and get some more points on the board. We can make it pretty far with playing like this instead of last minute miracle kicks every week.

-Ethan-

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 11/25/07 5:19:52 PM

Texans,

We had a great day for our receivers, our rushers, our QB, and until a lazy finish, OUR DEFENSE! And now that the Titans lost to Cinci... and BADLY, we can go to the playoffs if we finish the season right!

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by imagineer imagineer Profile at 12/11/07 2:13:39 PM

The Steelers are looking worse by the day. Granted they played the Patriots last week, but their offense has been stagnant the last several weeks. When will the coaches get it through their heads that Willie Parker is not successful running up the middle, much less on first and second down. They are killing me.

The defense really needs Polamalu back. They haven't been able to hold anyone on third down without him. Our blitz's don't have the same punch without him either.

I know that they are going to make the playoffs, but how far they go is going to be interesting.

Zac, who is worried about the Steelers postseason chances.

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/22/07 1:26:07 PM

Hoorah (sorry),

> The Steelers are looking worse by the day. Granted they
> played the Patriots last week, but their offense has been
> stagnant the last several weeks. When will the coaches get
> it through their heads that Willie Parker is not successful
> running up the middle, much less on first and second down.
> They are killing me.

The Browns are looking better by the day. The defense is finally getting in sync (delivering their first shutout against Buffalo). Willie Parker is gone, and that saddens me because he broke his leg in my FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! He delivered a whopping 0 points for me. Luckily, I still have Adrian Peterson and Fred Taylor for RB's.

> The defense really needs Polamalu back. They haven't been
> able to hold anyone on third down without him. Our blitz's
> don't have the same punch without him either.

Not only are the Brownies D in general getting better, but they're getting healthier and rookies are showing their stuff (Brandon McDonald is a rookie and shows up most of our D).

> I know that they are going to make the playoffs, but how
> far they go is going to be interesting.

It's tough to tell if they'll make it. Why? Because if the Ravens fight hard enough at home for an upset, they may have it. Granted, THEY SUCK and lost to the Dolphins for crying out loud (I'm embarrassed to be in their division). But if your boys blow it and the Browns win out, we have the division and are either third or fourth seed in the playoffs against probably "Guess WHO"? Then if we win, we get blown away by either Colts or Pats. We're getting to the playoffs, but not through them.

-Ethan-

Who is a little worried about the division title this year.

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/23/07 6:40:45 PM

Crap,

We lost to Cinci, which means we're out of the Division race and hopes are dimming for playoffs, but it's still alive. A win at home against the 49ers and we're there. Just hoping that we can get something done in the playoffs and that my fantasy team finishes strong. I'm in the title match that stretches over two weeks.]

-Ethan-

Go Giants!!!! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 12/27/07 11:10:45 PM

Go GIANTS! Beat Bill Belicheat, Tom Shady, and the CHEATriots this Saturday!!!!

*fingers crossed*

~MommaBeast, who means no offense to our patriots326 poster...
:>)

Re: Go Giants!!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/28/07 3:15:56 PM

Hey Mommabeast,

YOUR COLTS BETTER GET THE JOB DONE THIS WEEKEND!!! I don't care if the Giants lose so long as the Colts beat the Titans. COME ON COLTS, SAVE the BROWNIES HOPES FOR PLAYOFFS!!! Our destiny is out of our hands, but I think I trust the Colts more than us anyway. Please don't slip at the end of the season. We need this. If all three Cleveland teams make it to the post-season in the same year, I will poop my pants. It'll be a matter of time before going all the way.

Please PEYTON!!!

-Ethan-

Re: Go Giants!!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 12/29/07 11:27:30 AM

>
> Go GIANTS! Beat Bill Belicheat, Tom Shady, and the
> CHEATriots this Saturday!!!!

> *fingers crossed*

>

> ~MommaBeast, who means no offense to our patriots326
> poster...
> :>)

I thought I posted this response last night, but I don't see it..so I'll try it again. I probably forgot to click "post message."

Anyway, I have practically no interest in the NFL until the playoffs roll around...especially if the NEW JERSEY Giants are in. Well, the playoffs start next week, and the NEW JERSEY Giants ARE in. Tampa Bay, here we come!..and forget about riding Sheikra, boys...you can do that in the off-season, which hopefully comes later rather than sooner, if y'all catch my (snow) drift. But I will admit that I'll be in front of the idiot box tonight, hoping the NEW JERSEY Giants will derail Belichick(en@#$%) and the HATEriots' seemingly inevitable march to 16-0. Of course, it'll be nice to have that happen in NEW JERSEY! The Red Sox are an easy team to root for...I luv 'em! Can't root for this team, though..I hope this will be the winter of New England's discontent. The Patsies may be destined to win the BIG ONE, but I believe the NEW JERSEY Giants will present a formidable challenge to that spotless record tonight about 20 miles from here. So, sorry, Tom Shady(Classic, MommaBeast!,) Bill Bull-ichick, and Randy Loss...it ends tonight. And if I'm wrong? Well, Hell, I don't know nuffin' 'bout football! I'm a baseball guy!

And I hope the few people who see this(it IS on the off-topic board..not exactly the New Jersey Turnpike of URC, after all..but I like it!) understand why I consistently CAPITALIZED my home state when referring to the team above.

Mike

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Go Giants!!!! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 12/30/07 3:49:23 AM

> Hey Mommabeast,

> YOUR COLTS BETTER GET THE JOB DONE THIS WEEKEND!!! I don't
> care if the Giants lose so long as the Colts beat the
> Titans. COME ON COLTS, SAVE the BROWNIES HOPES FOR
> PLAYOFFS!!! Our destiny is out of our hands, but I think I
> trust the Colts more than us anyway. Please don't slip at
> the end of the season. We need this. If all three Cleveland
> teams make it to the post-season in the same year, I will
> poop my pants. It'll be a matter of time before going all
> the way.

> Please PEYTON!!!

I hope we don't slip at the end, either. Believe me. Been there, done that. After Eli's about-face tonite against the Cheatriots, I think more than ever the post-season should be called THE PAYOFFS and not the PLAY OFFS. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And keep some Depends handy in case that Cleveland Trifecta happens, lol.

~MommaBeast

Re: Go Giants!!!! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 12/30/07 3:51:39 AM

>

> I thought I posted this response last night, but I don't
> see it..so I'll try it again. I probably forgot to click
> "post message."

I hate when that happens, lol!!

As we now know, the Giants fell hard and the Patsies won big.

Ugh.

Pitiful.

~MommaBeast

Re: Go Giants!!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/30/07 4:26:28 PM

STUPID ELI!!!

What was he thinking. They had a chance to win it, and he blew it by blowing 3 minutes on a short TD drive. Get the play off, you don't have time to talk the play over 10 times against the PATS!!! I hated hat game, especially since they led 28-16 and blew the lead.

If you saw the Browns-49ers game, you'd see all the support for the Colts. They had banners saying "Jim Sorgi Fan Club" and one that was a letter to the NFL commissioner.

It read:

Dear Tony Dungy,

Play Peyton Manning against the Titans or you will be coaching Miami.

But my favorite sign showed Tony, Romeo, and R2-D2. It said "Help us Tony Dungy, you're our only hope".

-Ethan-

STUPID GIANTS by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 12/30/07 5:36:25 PM

> STUPID ELI!!!

I second that! He was playing near perfect-o ball...better than he has all season...then...then...he just looked like a deer caught in HEADLIGHTS. Gah! Dammit. Fixed I tell ya. Friggin fixed.

> What was he thinking. They had a chance to win it, and he
> blew it by blowing 3 minutes on a short TD drive. Get the
> play off, you don't have time to talk the play over 10
> times against the PATS!!! I hated hat game, especially
> since they led 28-16 and blew the lead.

I feel your pain. Believe me I do. What killed me was the announcers -Dumbo (Gumble) and Dumbo-er (Collinsworth)- who couldn't believe the GIANTS wouldn't just lay over and play dead and let the Patsies have their perfect season! They were dumbfounded that the GIANTS were playing their starters and that they would give the Patsies a fight at all. WHAT? WHAT? How stupid are they? Of course the Giants were going to go in that game with their GAME FACE on! Of course they were going to try to spoil the Patsies record! Duh! Some peeps are too stupid to live...Ok, that was mean. I take that back. But gah!

> If you saw the Browns-49ers game, you'd see all the support
> for the Colts. They had banners saying "Jim Sorgi Fan
> Club"

I woulda rolled over laughin'! Tooooo funny!

and one that was a letter to the NFL
> commissioner.
> It read:

> Dear Tony Dungy,

> Play Peyton Manning against the Titans or you will be
> coaching Miami.

Hahahaaa...that woulda been funny to see!!!! I missed it dangit.

> But my favorite sign showed Tony, Romeo, and R2-D2. It said
> "Help us Tony Dungy, you're our only hope".

LMAO! Hahahaaa.....

Speaking of signs, my sis has tix to the Colts-Titans game tonite. She is making a sign that reads: "BOB SANDERS WILL U MARRY ME?" LMAO...I told her she'd be on TV and the Jumbotron.
Look for her, hahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Stupid Giants.

~MommaBeast

Re: STUPID GIANTS by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/30/07 8:58:21 PM

Yeah........

I just stopped watching after Wayne fumbled. I'll watch the highlights later, but I doubt anything will help my chances of watching the Browns in the playoffs this year.

The Cleveland Curse must be real, how else could we go from 4-12 to 10-6, and still not make the cut!

-Ethan-

Re: STUPID GIANTS by Ethan Ethan Profile at 12/30/07 11:32:52 PM

That's it,

Thanks a lot Dungy, you didn't even go for it. Sorgi couldn't get a first down to save his life. I started the season hating the Colts (no offense, just never root for champions, but I rooted for them in the playoffs last year). Now I will end the season hating them. He could have called a time out and taken one more shot. I don't mind failure if you try everything you can, but when he gives up for ANOTHER TEAM, that's just thoughtless.

Ethan's List of Most Hated Coaches:

1. Bill Belichick (Belicheat)
2. Bill Cowher (Coward)
3. Tony Dungy (Dungheap)
4. Mike Tomlin (Who?)
5. Wade Philips (Who likes the Cowboys?)

Luckily, this year was a VAST improvement on last year. We're building stronger. Next year we may take the Steelers for at least one match-up and possibly the division. Then, the playoffs will mean something instead of a loss waiting to happen. Our offense is great and will probably get better, while our defense has shown glimpses of non-suckiness near the end of the season. In the end, this year's disappointments were our own fault, but next year we'll have another shot at making our own destiny.

Playoff Predictions:

Wild Card (AFC):

Jaguars @ Steelers- I don't see it going much differently from their first match-up this year. My vote goes to Chris's Jags... easily.

Titans @ Chargers- I see it going the same way as in the regular season, but the Titans won't go down without a fight. Sorgi sure learned that.

Wild Card (NFC):

Redskins @ Seahawks- Redskins look motivated for Sean Taylor, so I say more power to them.

Giants @ Buccaneers- I can't see Eli going anywhere, but I don't see the Bucs getting anywhere either. I'll go with Eli just because I like him more.

I'll make more predictions when these games are over for the rest of the playoffs. But I don't see anyone standing in the way of the Patriots... ever.

-Ethan-

Re: STUPID GIANTS by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 12/31/07 10:27:53 PM

> That's it,

> Thanks a lot Dungy, you didn't even go for it. Sorgi
> couldn't get a first down to save his life.

Sorgi made me sick. His passes were so off...gah he was aggravating me!

I started the
> season hating the Colts (no offense, just never root for
> champions, but I rooted for them in the playoffs last
> year). Now I will end the season hating them. He could have
> called a time out and taken one more shot. I don't mind
> failure if you try everything you can, but when he gives up
> for ANOTHER TEAM, that's just thoughtless.

I was soooooo hoping they'd put Manning back in at the 5-6 minute mark. Oh no! That would make too much sense. We NEEDED to win that one last game in our RCA Dome before it gets torn down and we relocate to the Lucas Oil Stadium. A 14 win record woulda/coulda/shoulda been nice. Ignorant decisions if you ask me. We looked like we didn't even TRY. And for that, I apologize to ALL the Browns fans. Cleveland was MY team before we got the Colts.

*sigh*

> Ethan's List of Most Hated Coaches:

> 1. Bill Belichick (Belicheat)
> 2. Bill Cowher (Coward)
> 3. Tony Dungy (Dungheap)
> 4. Mike Tomlin (Who?)
> 5. Wade Philips (Who likes the Cowboys?)

Very funny list of nick names. But Dungy is a decent man. I stand by him through thick and thin.

> I'll make more predictions when these games are over for
> the rest of the playoffs. But I don't see anyone standing
> in the way of the Patriots... ever.

Don't EV-AH say that! Patsies are charmed, that's all. There's not that much raw talent on that team. Period.

I don't have any predictions yet, but PATS ARE OUT in my book. We'll take care of that.

~MommaBeast

Re: STUPID GIANTS by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/1/08 12:51:52 AM

We'll see about the Patriots. BTW, I like Dungy, but he makes the list based on decisions in that game. I won't base it on anything else. Otherwise, he's a great coach who broke a barrier and has helped his team succeed well.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by imagineer imagineer Profile at 1/3/08 2:33:14 PM

Well, even though the Steelers aren't going to make it past the first round, at least we are in the tournament! To bad for the Browns. I'm not disappointed to much about Parker because all they did was run him up the middle. To bad about the Browns Ethan :)

Zac

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/3/08 10:35:12 PM

Yeah,

Although there may be an open door with a collusion complaint... but I'm not sure that's the best road to take to the playoffs.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/6/08 10:28:27 AM

> As stated before, I'm not much of a football fan...I follow the Giants and Jets, but not much else. The playoffs are when it becomes a little more interesting to me. That being said, last night's Jags-Steelers game was a great one. I know Chris was wiping the sweat from his brow, but the end result is all that matters, unless you're more worried about betting and point spreads. But if that's the case, you really don't care about the team anyway.

Anyhoo, I'm 2 for 2 on my playoff predictions. So, today, much as I hate to go against my neighbors a few cities over, I don't think the Giants will get past the Buccaneers(much as I'd like to see it happen) and I'm going with Titans over Chargers(who were my favorite team when I was younger because of Dan Fouts and the lightning bolt on the helmet!)

Mike

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/6/08 2:35:36 PM

Looks like you'll be batting .500 then, Mike.

Giants are probably going to win, but that's a better match-up, I won't go into that.

BUT Titans over Chargers? I'm glad you don't watch football or otherwise this would be an insult. Chargers and a monster D, King of Interceptions. Vince Young couldn't score one Th Colts third-stringers, what does that tell you? Plus, the threats that are LT and Antonio Gates. But great at receiving and my guess is, LT lights up the Titans D. And then there's one more thing, Home Field Advantage. Unless you know Philip Rivers personally and you know he's gonna blow the game, don't put your vote to Tennessee.

Also, My predictions were JAGS over Steel-town (correct), and a motivated Redskins beating the Seahawks (very not correct). But I doubt there will be upsets anywhere else.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/6/08 4:09:04 PM

So I'm 2-1, but since that means the Giants are moving on, I'll take that over 3-0 any day.

We'll see what happens later..Home Field Advantage didn't mean a helluva lot to Pittsburgh and Tampa.

Mike

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/6/08 5:08:23 PM

Yeah,

But Pittsburgh is worthless. Their home field was snow ridden and they got a ride from the Jags (FROM FLORIDA). They are pathetic. As for the Bucs, Giants were just a better team. In San Diego, Chargers are home AND are the better team.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/6/08 7:33:54 PM

> Yeah,

> But Pittsburgh is worthless. Their home field was snow
> ridden and they got a ride from the Jags (FROM FLORIDA).
> They are pathetic. As for the Bucs, Giants were just a
> better team. In San Diego, Chargers are home AND are the
> better team.

> -Ethan-

Didn't look like that for most of the game, but they came on strong...I still don't think Tomlinson's one-yarder was a touchdown, but the way the Titans' offense had stalled(or never started in the first place!)...I don't think it mattered.

Mike, who surprisingly has watched large chunks of every game this weekend..although not every down. I refuse to watch the Roger Clemens interview coming up after the game on CBS..If I want to see a desperate clown, I'll look for Krusty on a new Simpsons episode in the same time slot.

Congrats on picking the Chargers, Ethan. I'll finish the weekend batting 1.000 for Saturday and .000 for Sunday. Sorry, but I'm always in a baseball frame of mind!

Mike

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/6/08 9:03:19 PM

Agreed,

Since I'm batting .750 (1.000 today .500 yesterday), I'm in the lead lol.

Predictions:

Division Matchups-

NFC:

Giants @ Cowboys
As much as I hate to say it, Cowboys are probably going to get out of their slump to win their first playoff game in a WHILE.

Seahawks @ Packers
I don't see Hasselbeck getting in the way of Brett Favre's great year. A trip to at least the NFC championship would be a great send-off. I hope he retires though. It's better to end on a high note instead of ending up like Roger Clemens.

AFC:

Jaguars @ Patriots
Patriots... ugh.

Chargers @ Colts
Both will put up a big fight, and I see a close game coming down to Peyton Manning winning the game. Chargers didn't get enough done against the Titans to prove they are ready for this matchup again. And besides, last time was because the Colts were in a slump from the Pats game.

We'll see what I'm batting next weekend.

-Ethan-

Re: Football 2008 by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/13/08 9:14:16 PM

Now I'm five for eight.

I see a Packers Patriots Super Bowl.

Go PACK!

Re: Football 2008 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/13/08 10:09:45 PM

> Now I'm five for eight.

> I see a Packers Patriots Super Bowl.

> Go PACK!

I was 2 for 4 last weekend and 3 for 4 yesterday and today...so I'm also 5 for 8 in the playoffs. Of course, what I predicted WOULD happen and what I would have LIKED to SEE happen are two different things...ya hear that, Bill Belichick?

SD's win was the only one I didn't call.

Mike

Re: Football 2008 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/17/08 10:16:44 PM

> Now I'm five for eight.

> I see a Packers Patriots Super Bowl.

> Go PACK!

I gotta go with Big Blue..I think they can pull off an upset this weekend and head to Arizona to hook up with Belicheat and Randy (I'm in trouble AGAIN???) Moss. I couldn't see them WINNING that match-up, but I'd love to see it happen.

Mike

STUPID DOLTS...ER I MEAN, COLTS by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 1/18/08 1:18:36 AM

I'm so flippin' mad at the outcome of our season...and the post-season!

Here's my theory and I'm stickin' to it: it was the 2nd and 3rd stringers WHO GOT US TO THE FRIGGIN PLAYOFFS to begin with. They should've stayed with the tried and true because look what happened when we put our 'HEALTHY' 1st stringers back out on the field: They played like idiots. Not like a Superbowl team. Not like they were hungry. And oh don't get me started on #88, Rusty Harrison...or is his name Marvin?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I don't care who plays what now. Well, except I'm for ANYONE who beats the Pats.

~MommaBeast

Re: Supe's On!!! (Clam Chowdah, of course..NY vs NE) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/21/08 7:52:50 AM

>> I don't care who plays what now. Well, except I'm for
> ANYONE who beats the Pats.

> ~MommaBeast

My JERSEY BOYS...and I'm not talkin' the Frankie Valli ones from Broadway..will give it our best shot.

My hopes aren't high right now, but like they say..."on any given Sunday..."

Re: My title change above..I love New England Clam chowder(had a nice cup at Lake Compounce a few years ago), the Boston Red Sox...and of course, a few very nice amusement parks throughout New England. But that's as far as it goes...now if the Giants would only replace that "Y" on their helmets with a "J"....

Mike

Re: Supe's On!!! (Clam Chowdah, of course..NY vs NE) by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/21/08 11:36:03 AM

GO GIANTS...

While it would have been a nice send-off for Favre to beat Brady in the SB, I will root for the Giants as much as possible.

-Ethan-

Go Giants....Beat the Pats! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 1/21/08 4:03:14 PM

> GO GIANTS...

> While it would have been a nice send-off for Favre to beat
> Brady in the SB, I will root for the Giants as much as
> possible.

> -Ethan-

Yeah, I can't believe the CheeseHeads lost. Favre had it all going for him.

But hey...let's root for the OTHER Manning @ the SuperBowl (though I don't think they're strong enough to pull a win off).

*sigh*

~MommaBeast

Re: Supe's On!!! (Clam Chowdah, of course..NY vs NE) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/21/08 8:23:04 PM

> GO GIANTS...

> While it would have been a nice send-off for Favre to beat
> Brady in the SB, I will root for the Giants as much as
> possible.

> -Ethan-

We'll take every rooter we can get, so welcome, my friend!

Mike

Re: Go Giants....Beat the Pats! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/21/08 8:27:10 PM

> But hey...let's root for the OTHER Manning @ the
> SuperBowl (though I don't think they're strong enough to
> pull a win off).

> *sigh*

> ~MommaBeast

Welcome to you, too, MommaBeast...between you, me, Ethan, and others, we'll have the Giants covered from all sides...now if only Big Blue can do the same to Brady, who didn't exactly set Foxboro on fire yesterday.

Mike

Re: Go Giants....Beat the Pats! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 2/3/08 10:49:12 PM

THANK YOU ELIIIIIIIIII!!!

PATS ARE 18-1!

-Ethan-

YAYAYAYAYYAY! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 2/6/08 1:32:33 AM

> THANK YOU ELIIIIIIIIII!!!

> PATS ARE 18-1!

> -Ethan-

The Giants winning is just as good as the Colts winning if you ask me!

So our post-season wasn't lost afterall. Gratz to the OTHER Manning who won the Big One. He's no longer eclipsed by his big brother.

Oooooh I can't stand the Pats. And Tom Shady. And Bill Belicheat. Or any of the Cheatriots.

What's this about Moss leaving...and if he goes, Brady goes with him?

Methinks there's gonna be heads rollin' and trouble galore over this Spygate crap. Shame, shame, shame on New England. What goes around does INDEED come back around to bite you.

Always.

~MommaBeast

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 2/6/08 3:51:55 PM

Hey,

You know what's great? Since Brady dropped out of the Pro Bowl, Derek Anderson is GOING!!! That means he gonna be a QB along with Big Ben (ugh) and your boy Peyton. And since Antonio Gates is out, Winslow is in. What does this add up to? 6, count them six Cleveland Browns, made it to the Pro Bowl. That's the most since '88 for the Browns, when we sent 8 during the Bernie Kosar era.

And here they are:

Quarter Back- Derek Anderson
Wide Reciever- Braylon Edwards
Tight End- Kellen Winslow
Offensive Lineman- Joe Thomas
Kick Returner- Joshua Cribbs
Long Snapper- Brian Pontbriand

So look out for orange helmets at the Pro Bowl!

-Ethan-

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 2/7/08 12:31:21 AM

> Hey,

> You know what's great? Since Brady dropped out of the Pro
> Bowl, Derek Anderson is GOING!!! That means he gonna be a
> QB along with Big Ben (ugh) and your boy Peyton. And since
> Antonio Gates is out, Winslow is in. What does this add up
> to? 6, count them six Cleveland Browns, made it to the Pro
> Bowl. That's the most since '88 for the Browns, when we
> sent 8 during the Bernie Kosar era.

> And here they are:

> Quarter Back- Derek Anderson
> Wide Reciever- Braylon Edwards
> Tight End- Kellen Winslow
> Offensive Lineman- Joe Thomas
> Kick Returner- Joshua Cribbs
> Long Snapper- Brian Pontbriand

> So look out for orange helmets at the Pro Bowl!

> -Ethan-

How awesome indeed!
Go Browns, goooooooooo! Way to represent!

~MommaBeast

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 2/7/08 3:59:25 PM

Yeah, now we lead the AFC in Pro-Bowlers this year. It's pretty amazing since nobody went in 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, and 06 that I can remember. One went in 01, that's it since we became an expansion team.

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/9/08 10:53:55 AM

> Yeah, now we lead the AFC in Pro-Bowlers this year. It's
> pretty amazing since nobody went in 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05,
> and 06 that I can remember. One went in 01, that's it since
> we became an expansion team.

And how many of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW JERSEY GIANTS are in Hawaii to play in the Pro Bowl? ONE!...just goes to show ya....you can have the best players in the world, but on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...

Mike

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 2/9/08 12:22:12 PM

The reason the Browns didn't go to the playoffs is one thing: DEFENSE. This is something the Giants excelled in, and the Browns have 0 defensive players in the pro-bowl for good reason. Two special teams and four offensive players.

So, I don't blame those great players for our misfortune, they got where we were, the defense held us back. But, we should be improving our D this off-season, so who knows what could happen. If we only had an easy schedule (we play your Giants next year).

-Ethan-

Re: YAYAYAYAYYAY! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/9/08 2:42:01 PM

> (we play
> your Giants next year).

> -Ethan-

They're no longer MY Giants. After the wonders of last Sunday, they belong to the world...

Mike