Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Baseball!!!

Baseball!!!

Ethan Ethan Profile

Posted:
5/17/07 at
7:29:10 AM

Views: 1671

Hey All,

I've decided to start a baseball forum because I'm excited. I'm going to a minor league game tody and my Indians are third in the AL (second to Detroit in Central Division). So talk away about you favorite teams!!!

-Ethan-

PS- On the football forum I always show Steelerssuck dot com at the bottom, so for baseball it'll be http://www.yankeessuck.com/.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Imagineer's Favorite Site Ever!!!

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/30/07 10:16:02 PM

> Hey All,

> I've decided to start a baseball forum because I'm excited.
> I'm going to a minor league game tody and my Indians are
> third in the AL (second to Detroit in Central Division). So
> talk away about you favorite teams!!!

> -Ethan-

> PS- On the football forum I always show Steelerssuck dot
> com at the bottom, so for baseball it'll be
> http://www.yankeessuck.com/ .

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

I have a t-shirt that says, "I Love NY..But I STILL Hate The Yankees."..unfortunately it's been a bad week..My Mets got swept four in Philly and Red Sox dropped three to the Yanks.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/30/07 11:05:33 PM

> I have a t-shirt that says, "I Love NY..But I STILL
> Hate The Yankees."..unfortunately it's been a bad
> week..My Mets got swept four in Philly and Red Sox dropped
> three to the Yanks.

Sorry bout that.

I hate the Yankies with a passion, and I hate the Red Socs (only after they won the World Series). They are one of the big threats in the AL for my Tribe. But we have a 6 game streak right now are way ahead of Detroit to take the central division title. Here's hoping for the first national title in Cleveland for more than thirty years.

-Ethan-

BTW, my brother thought a good t-shirt could say "I Like New York as a Friend"

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/07 3:07:46 PM

Your TRIBE is certainly on a nice run right now.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/2/07 6:01:28 PM

Heck yes, 6 in a row and hoping for more. We are going to the playiffs, maybe we can go for the pennant, and... well I don't wanna jinx it lqtm.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/07 6:40:42 PM

> Heck yes, 6 in a row and hoping for more. We are going to
> the playiffs, maybe we can go for the pennant, and... well
> I don't wanna jinx it lqtm.

> -Ethan-

Maybe they'll play my guys in the Series..Mets swept the Braves in Atlanta, and Philly was losing last I checked...so Mets' position is better than it was after getting swept in Philly this week.

Do you get to go to some games?..I always wanted to go to a game at the Jake, and considered it a couple of years ago when I made my second visit to the Rock and Roll Hall..but I was on my way to Cedar Point, sooooo....

Easier to track conversation on this board..it can get confusing on the main board..especially on that "URC DRAFT" thread someone started a couple of weeks ago.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/3/07 5:21:09 PM

Yeah,

Who started that dumb waste of time anyway?

Anyway, no not really. I rarely go to games. More often that I go to Akron Aeros games (minor league though). My brother got to go to a Indians V. Red Sox game at the Jake. I hated him for it. But, they lost, but it wasn't lose lose, it was dollar dog night, so there wasd one victory that night lqtm.

Thansk for taking the Braves too. Anyone who beats them deserves to be commended. I'm not sure why, but it could have to do with a particular set of games in the mid-nineties. Well, I'll get back to you on that one ;)

Chances are, the two teams that are probably going to the world series (at least my prediction) are two Yankee rivals that are in the Northeast, Sox and Mets. It'll probably be close, and you might edge them out, but I'm not sure. They are a fordimable opponent, like Stephen Colbert.

But hey, maybe we will meet up in the playoffs :)

We are far ahead of Detroit for the top of central, six games ahead now. But we might not have enough for the whole league. Bewteen our last no score win against Santana and the Twins, and that amazing triple play, this is already a great season for the Tribe.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/3/07 6:49:55 PM

>
> Anyway, no not really. I rarely go to games. More often
> that I go to Akron Aeros games (minor league though). My
> brother got to go to a Indians V. Red Sox game at the Jake.
> I hated him for it. But, they lost, but it wasn't lose
> lose, it was dollar dog night, so there wasd one victory
> that night lqtm.

I'm pretty sure I passed the Aeros stadium during one of my six journeys through Ohio.

> Thansk for taking the Braves too. Anyone who beats them
> deserves to be commended. I'm not sure why, but it could
> have to do with a particular set of games in the
> mid-nineties. Well, I'll get back to you on that one ;)

I know the set of games you mean..but take consolation in the fact that that's the ONLY Series the Braves managed to win, despite their 13 straight division titles..wait, that may not make you feel better..well, worth a shot...it's very rare the Mets win a series from Atlanta, much less sweep..especially down south!

> Chances are, the two teams that are probably going to the
> world series (at least my prediction) are two Yankee rivals
> that are in the Northeast, Sox and Mets. It'll probably be
> close, and you might edge them out, but I'm not sure. They
> are a fordimable opponent, like Stephen Colbert.

Mets are my team, Bosox are my AL team..have been since the mid-70's..so that'd be a dream match-up for me..1986 all over again!...but I consider the Yankees a rival of the Mets only when it comes to who gets the back page of the newspaper.

Pedro's back..not vintage, but he got a win today over the Reds, and looked pretty darn good for a guy who hadn't pitched in a big league game in almost 11 months.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/3/07 7:14:15 PM

Mike,

> I'm pretty sure I passed the Aeros stadium during one of my
> six journeys through Ohio.

Canal Park is the name, if you've passed through or by downtown Akron, you may have seen it.

> I know the set of games you mean..but take consolation in
> the fact that that's the ONLY Series the Braves managed to
> win, despite their 13 straight division titles..wait, that
> may not make you feel better..well, worth a shot...it's
> very rare the Mets win a series from Atlanta, much less
> sweep..especially down south!

No, it doesn't, but we went twice and lost both in the nineties (so close!). Maybe we can get somewhere soon. Somehow, Cleveland sports is really turning around. Indains are having a great season, the Cavs (sorry 'bout the Nets, assuming they're your team) are on top in the East, and the Browns even had a promising pre-season. We beat the Broncos! That never happens! And we are ready to play the Steelers first game of the year, here's hoping!

> Mets are my team, Bosox are my AL team..have been since the
> mid-70's..so that'd be a dream match-up for me..1986 all
> over again!...but I consider the Yankees a rival of the
> Mets only when it comes to who gets the back page of the
> newspaper.

Well, that's be good for you. Although I'd rather see the Tribe in there, obviously.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/3/07 7:42:39 PM

> (sorry 'bout the Nets,
> assuming they're your team) are on top in the East, and the
> Browns even had a promising pre-season. We beat the
> Broncos! That never happens! And we are ready to play the
> Steelers first game of the year, here's hoping!

I pay no attention to basketball..except to read who's being busted for what..or hockey, and football holds no interest until the playoffs, and then only if the "NEW YORK" Giants or Jets are in..the quotes, of course, are because both play in New Jersey!

Ya got homework yet?

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/3/07 8:09:23 PM

> Ya got homework yet?

Yeah,

I'm in the middle of some right now in fact. I got homework first day of school in fact.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/30/07 8:41:26 AM

Hey, Ethan!

I hope your Tribe takes care of business against the Yankees. I love the Red Sox, but Boston vs. NYY is an old story..I wanna see some fresh blood. Of course it remains to be seen if the Indians can beat BoSox or Angels, when(not if) Cleveland makes it to the second round. I do like their chances.

Comes down to the last game today for my Mets after the worst regular season collapse ever.

We win today and Philly loses...Mets win division

Philly and NYM both lose or win..one game playoff in Philadelphia tomorrow.

Mets lose today, Phils win..home for the winter, boys.

Give my guys a thought today, Ethan..I was rooting for yours.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/30/07 9:43:40 AM

Here's hoping the Philly's play as well as when I was on the team (little league)... terribly.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/30/07 1:49:21 PM

> Here's hoping the Philly's play as well as when I was on
> the team (little league)... terribly.

> -Ethan-

The wheels came off for the Mets in the first inning...Marlins scored 7 off Glavine and Sosa in 1st...Last time Glavine got knocked out in the first was in 1989! 7-1 Florida. Let's go Nationals!

Re: Baseball!!! by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 10/2/07 9:49:44 PM

Welp, I am always around people who dissagree with me on this, but my team is the Cardinals! I really have no reason I like them (I'm not much of a sports fan by ANY means), but I do, and they won the WS last year, so I'm stickin' with them!

-Josh

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/3/07 6:15:43 PM

Well,

Other than the Cubs, I think the Cards on my favorite NL team, but I'd have to check on that one.

Here's hoping the Indians beat the Yanks!

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/3/07 9:49:40 PM

> Welp, I am always around people who dissagree with me on
> this, but my team is the Cardinals! I really have no reason
> I like them (I'm not much of a sports fan by ANY means),
> but I do, and they won the WS last year, so I'm stickin'
> with them!

> -Josh

Of course, the Cardinals were a major factor in keeping the Mets from the postseason, making it two years in a row they kept us from advancing...with the news out of St. Louis today...General Manager's out..they seem like a team lacking direction and leadership right now..I think LaRussa will leave too.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/3/07 9:54:40 PM

> Well,

> Other than the Cubs, I think the Cards on my favorite NL
> team, but I'd have to check on that one.

> Here's hoping the Indians beat the Yanks!

> -Ethan-

My picks and hopes:

Cubs over D'Backs; Rockies over Phillies; Cubs over Rockies into the World Series.

BoSox over Angels; Indians over Yankees; BoSox over Indians into the World Series.

Cubs v. Red Sox in the Series..if it happens, I'll make my pick then. Go TRIBE!!!..for now.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/4/07 3:43:00 PM

My picks and hopes:

Cubs over D'Backs (though I am pretty sure that the D-Backs will win); Rockies over Phillies (I don't remember the results from game one); Cubs over Rockies into the World Series. So I agree, but don't see the outcome as hopeful.

Angels over Boston; Indians over Yankees; Indians over Angels (because I know we can beat them, not sure on Boston) into the World Series.

In the series, I'd love to see us beat the Cubs and get the win, and hope the Cubs get a chance next season, although we have a young team in Cleveland that probably has a better chance of retaining its strive at this point.

Here's hoping we blow the Yanks out of the water,
-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/4/07 6:52:07 PM

> If Indians make second round and play Boston, my allegiance to BoSox may be tested because,

A..that'll mean Tribe beat Yankees, so I have to root for any team that does that

B..I actually forgot Joe Borowski is Cleveland's closer. Borowski's from my hometown, so it'd be cool to see him make it into the Series.

Rockies are now up in games, 2-0, and heading back to Denver.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/5/07 4:14:58 PM

> If Indians make second round and play Boston, my allegiance
> to BoSox may be tested because,

I think Boston's an alright team, and this is the first season I've ever had a beef with them, just because they are a threat... and they already got their World Series. We still need ours.

> A..that'll mean Tribe beat Yankees, so I have to root for
> any team that does that

Absolutely. 12-3, we spanked the yanks. BTW, did you hear about Lebron James? He came in wearing a Yankees cap... HE'S A YANKEES FAN WHO IS THE SYMBOL OF CLEVELAND SPORTS! Ugh, well, at least he turned it backwards about 6 innings in lol.

> B..I actually forgot Joe Borowski is Cleveland's closer.
> Borowski's from my hometown, so it'd be cool to see him
> make it into the Series.

Cool. I gotta say our lineup is really similar to the 90's when we went to the WS. Especially since Cabrera is our short stop, who is from Venezuela and where's number 13, just like Omar Visquel. And he was his hero growing up. Although Kenny Lofton is strikingly similar to another outfielder we had then lol.

> Rockies are now up in games, 2-0, and heading back to
> Denver.

Looks like they are getting revenge for your Mets. Phillies were strong in defense and trying to chip away that lead, but failed to make it past a 5 run spread.

How'd the Cubs do last night? I didn't see.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/6/07 12:42:05 AM

YES,

We DID IT AGAIN!!! 2-1 in the 11th, awesome. Now,if we could pull it off on the Yank's turf, then it would definitely be TRIBE TIME NOW!!!

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/7/07 4:21:59 PM

I'm wiped out from my weekend jaunt to Kennywood and Knoebels, and missed some results...

Cubs are GONE, Rockies TRASHED Philly! Bosox are on behind me and just took a 2-0 lead, already up 2-0 in games. GO TRIBE! I hope they hand Clemens' you-know-what to him on a silver platter later today.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/7/07 5:28:20 PM

Yeah,

Too bad for the Cubs but I'm hoping we can take the Yanks out tonight and end it.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/9/07 4:11:35 PM

YES,

Get ready to test that loyalty! I'm so glad we beat the Yankees AND we didn't have to wear out C.C.!

Predictions:

National League- Rockies in 6
Game 1- Diamondbacks win the first game at home based on pitching edge (in runs and hits) and home-field advantage which should take the edge off of them compared to the Rockies
Game 2- Rockies get into swing and knock the D-Backs on their... butts.
Game 3- At Coors Field, and the team's on fire this post-season, what do you expect the outcome? Not as close a game as 1 and 2.
Game 4- Great game for the Rockies, D-Backs not so much.
Game 5- D-Backs will win narrowly in the fight for survival.
Game 6- Rockies take them out in a glorious game and head for the World Series.

American League- Indians in 4 (very hopeful but for good reason)
Game 1- Between C.C. and an anxious young team that will surprise you at every turn (as they did the Yankees), they will win this one out in a close game. The regular season record goes out the window since we handled NY so well. Plus, we were even better against the Sox than we were the Yanks.
Game 2- Another narrow win but we will edge them out because Carmon and C.C. are the best one-two punch in baseball.
Game 3- Game at the Jake... basically, NOT IN OUR HOUSE!
Game 4- We will be anxious for a sweep and they won't blow it this time. They don't want to have the threat of end playing on the road again.

The Sox will probably get a game in and most likely win the series, but this is what I'd like to see.

World Series (if things go my way)

Indians will take the red hot Rockies and dump some water on them as they win the series in 5 to 6 games. Basically, the Rockies won't hold up.

If this happens... AWESOME!!! If not, so what, Cleveland has a young dynamic team already, most players will only get better with age. As long as someone can fill Lofton shoes someday, we'll keep one of if not the best outfield in baseball, along with an amazing bull pen, great starters, and some surprisingly powerful hitters.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/10/07 4:10:46 PM

> Congratulations to the Tribe..I enjoyed watching them, not only because they decimated the Yankees..I simply don't get to see AL players as much...and their guys can play the game right.

You've really got this mapped out, dontcha?..

Bayonne Borowski looked scared to death, but he got the job done..he makes me nervous to watch, though. The husband of one of my managers used to coach "Joey" in a local league, and she tells me he's always had those little tics, but he's fearless...he was never as big or strong as the other guys, but always put up a good fight.

I'm rooting for Joe, and therefore his team...and for the Rockies....so if they meet later on, I'll state my allegiance.

I'm just soooooo happy the Yanks are gone.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/10/07 6:26:37 PM

Yeah,

I agree so much. I'm glad the Yanks are out. I thought about it and it's kind of like Native Americans getting their land back from the white man lqtm.

Borowski scared me crapless in the ninth. If he would've blown it, I would never forgive Wedge since Betancourt went right through all of them. I'd hope for a Rockies-Indians WS since I don't care for the Diamondbacks and they've done well from the beginning and they're a newer team.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/10/07 7:00:27 PM

>

> I agree so much. I'm glad the Yanks are out. I thought
> about it and it's kind of like Native Americans getting
> their land back from the white man lqtm.

Never mind LQTM..that's an LOL!

> Borowski scared me crapless in the ninth. If he would've
> blown it, I would never forgive Wedge since Betancourt went
> right through all of them. I'd hope for a Rockies-Indians
> WS since I don't care for the Diamondbacks and they've done
> well from the beginning and they're a newer team.

There's an old expression, Ethan.."ya dance with the one who brung ya.." Borowski saved 45 games for this team, you gotta close with him..even if he gives Wedge and many thousands of Tribe fans agita.

Mike

> -Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/10/07 8:47:08 PM

Oh yeah,

I agree with you. I respect Wedge for sticking to the plan as he has and I am glad Borowski was able to close another game successfully. It's just like the announcers said, he gets the job done, but it's always an adventure. Like in Game Four's case, he let a solo homer get buy. If he had anyone on base or let Posada get another one, it would have been devastating. Good game, a nail biter by the end, but good overall.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/12/07 9:03:14 PM

> Doesn't look like the Tribe will have to worry about Bayonne Joe blowing a save tonight...

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/14/07 1:10:48 PM

YES!!!

BEST 11th INNING IN HISTORY!!! I can't believe they did more than double their score. I predicted they'd end the game with a double play when they got a runner on.

Awesome, series is tied 1-1 and we're heading to the Jake.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/15/07 11:11:32 PM

2-1 Cleveland... IT IS TRIBE TIME NOW!!!

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/21/07 7:28:00 AM

ONE MORE FOR ALL THE MARBLES, BABY!!!!

I've realized over the last week that it's impossible for me to root against the BoSox, regardless of Bayonne Borowski's presence on the Tribe's roster. I'm not real confident in Matsuzaka's ability to bring us to "ROCKS VS. SOX,"..but Game 7 of any playoff series is always ACH-ETU..Anything Can Happen-Expect The Unexpected!..Regardless,though, I do wish Cleveland luck, because I will still be FAR from upset if they make it..after all, this IS the team that put the Yankees to sleep for the winter.

I won't see the first pitch or most of the game...Dorney's beckoning, and I dunno what time I'll be home from there tonight..I hope to stay to the 8pm close, but I'll defer to my cousin based on how she's feeling..her first time at a park or on a coaster in 20 years or so..and I'm hard to keep up with if I'm feeling right..and I feel ok right now.

Have a good one, Ethan!

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 10/22/07 12:13:31 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We had a good run and my prospects are high for next year. This has built my baseball spirit, and no REAL Cleveland fan loses hope after one season.

BTW, my most hated Red Sock is by far Manny Ramirez. He is a lazy slob and he is a cocky jerk. Sorry Mike, but I hope Boston gets blown away by the Rockies, they earned it this season, while the BoSox beat a team destined for failure, based on the city they're from.

Let's GO ROCKIES lqtm.

Tribe Time Will RETURN!
-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/20/08 11:35:17 AM

>> Tribe Time Will RETURN!
> -Ethan-

And I understand that time will now be spent at "The PROG" and not at "The JAKE."

Welcome to my world..Mets are moving into "Citi Field" in '09.

Who was Jacobs Field named after, anyway?

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/20/08 11:48:07 AM

> And I understand that time will now be spent at "The
> PROG" and not at "The JAKE."

> Welcome to my world..Mets are moving into "Citi
> Field" in '09.

> Who was Jacobs Field named after, anyway?

First off, I will still call it the Jake. Second, I'm never calling it the Prog. The license is for SIXTEEN years, so eventually I will get used to Progressive Field. I will call it the Pro before Prog. Prog sounds gross.

Jacobs Field was named after the former Indians owners that made the team what it is today basically. I said ownerS because it's named after the Jacobs brothers.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 1/31/08 7:27:52 PM

CONGRATS MIKE,

You got Santana. Since he's out of the AL, I don't have to worry about the BoSox getting more stacked! Unfortunately, this may be a big bump in the road for resigning CC, and Santana is getting a lot more even though CC outdid him whenever the Tribe matched with the Twins.

Well, out of my division means out of my doghouse Santana, hope to see you in the Series in a few years.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 1/31/08 10:38:00 PM

> CONGRATS MIKE,

> You got Santana. Since he's out of the AL, I don't have to
> worry about the BoSox getting more stacked! Unfortunately,
> this may be a big bump in the road for resigning CC, and
> Santana is getting a lot more even though CC outdid him
> whenever the Tribe matched with the Twins.

> Well, out of my division means out of my doghouse Santana,
> hope to see you in the Series in a few years.

> -Ethan-

Thanks..talk about lying in the weeds! I don't think the Bosox needed him that badly, they just wanted to do what they could to keep the Yankees from getting him.

If the Mets don't reach an extension agreement by 5 pm tomorrow..maybe they have, but I haven't heard...it'll be a public relations disaster, worse even than the September Shutdown they pulled off last season..the worst regular season collapse in baseball history. They blow this, it'll be the worst OFF-SEASON collapse in history. That'd be typical of the Mets, though, to choke on this when the season isn't even going on!

CC was definitely a better pitcher than Santana this season, and I've always liked him..I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'm in a Super Bowl pool..one of those grid things where your box represents the last digit of each team's points after each segment of the game. If I win a couple quarters, my hoped for May coaster trip gets MUCH easier! I have no money on the outcome of the game, but I honestly think my Giants have the proverbial "puncher's chance." And if NE does win, I don't see it being a blowout.

Whatta YOU think?

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 2/1/08 7:07:18 AM

I think,

1. That belongs in the football discussion, lqtm, but I agree. It won't be a blowout either way, but I hope the Giants pull it off.

2. I love CC, even though he kinda blew it in the playoffs, he'd never been there before, and he basically got us there.

3. I think I like Fausto more. He's the future of the Indians. He had as many wins as CC and he won two games in the playoffs. But excluding that near shutout Yankees, the other win wasn't because of him. I love Carmona and CC, which is why I really wished we got that trade for Haren. We would have an AWESOME year with three aces, and then we'd probably trade CC and be left with two young aces and a strong bullpen.

2. We need a left fielder bad, but I wish we could have also gotten 1 more awesome starter to push us over the top. If our lineup was:

CC
Haren/Bedard?
Fausto
Westbrook/Byrd

We would be pretty unstoppable in pitching. If we could trade for a big bat in left field, we'd be set as one of the best in baseball again. There is still a chance to get Bedard, and we'll probably go for a left-fielder somewhere throughout the season when we realize what we have is nothing.

Also, I hope Hafner has an on year. Last year he had 100 RBI and 24 dingers. But, the year before he had 42 dingers. I'm hoping it is just a slump, and that slump is over for 2008.

3. Mets will go to the playoffs. I think that Santana will put them over the top.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 3/31/08 10:26:43 PM

The Indians are set for another good year. We had an exciting home opener to start it all off. 10-8 victory over the ChiSox. We had bad pitching overall, CC did less than stellar and our bullpen fell apart early. But our offense kept us in it by scoring 7 in the second and then 3 in the eighth off a double from Casey Blake.

AWESOME!!! Our next game has Fausto starting. The best part of the first day is that the Tigers lost, TO THE ROYALS!!! Although Victor got a hamstring pulled or something, I think we may be able to get a quick lead in the Central. We have the pitching (if they don't implode) and we have a strong offense even without big Vic, but when he's back, and if Hafner goes back to his old self, instead of 07 self, we'll have a great season and hopefully grab the Central again. Once that's done, good luck to everyone else in the playoffs lqtm.

Good luck to your Mets Mike.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/3/08 8:08:05 PM

So ya beat me to the punch, eh, buddy? I was gonna start a new thread, but no need. Thanks for the good wishes and prediction about the Mets. Pedro's hurt already, of course, but anything we get from him this year is gravy, and that was the case before the injury. Wright and Beltran will challenge Manny/Papi as the best 1-2 combo in the game. I think the Tribe will have an easy time in the end, the OTHER Martinez and the OTHER hamstring injury notwithstanding. Sabathia won't be as good, but Hafner and Sizemore will carry the offense.

Haven't seen you as much on the main board..everything cool?

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 4/4/08 12:26:40 PM

Yeah,

Just kinda out of it because I'm less trigger happy on posts I don't have much knowledge on. I'll think I'll post a bit more when the place gets really booming during the season.

The "other" Martinez is fine. He is said to be a day-to-day and batted in the last inning of our near sweep of the White Sox. Hopefully Hafner will bounce back. He's had some good hits but nothing powerful yet. Sabathia might now be as good but Carmona has started wonderfully already.

Also, Beltran better do awesome and Pedro better get better because they are both on my fantasy team.

The Indians are trailing at 2-1 to the Royals (I don't believe it either) after their SWEEP of the MIGHTY TIGERS!

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 4/4/08 9:26:02 PM

> The Indians are trailing at 2-1 to the Royals (I don't
> believe it either) after their SWEEP of the MIGHTY TIGERS!

> -Ethan-

The Indians are still 2nd in the central division (although it doesn't matter much 3 games into the season) so don't get to bummed that they lost to the royals. I think this is going to be a great season for the Indians!

Oh and one more thing...

Aren't there any Yankee fans out there?

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 4/5/08 9:48:19 PM

> The Indians are trailing at 2-1 to the Royals (I don't
> believe it either) after their SWEEP of the MIGHTY TIGERS!

> -Ethan-

> The Indians are still 2nd in the central division (yeah I'm
> already looking at the standings after 3 games) so don't
> get to bummed that they lost to the royals. I think this is
> going to be a great season for the Indians!

> Oh and one more thing...

> Aren't there any Yankee fans out there?

First off ew Yankees blow. Second, Indians didn't lose to KC, the Tigers did, I thought it was great.

But out offense and pitching has slacked in this road trip to Oakland. Hopefully we can pull it together real fast and get a streak going maybe. Hafner got his first HR, and the only run by the Indians that day ugh.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 4/9/08 1:53:07 AM

Hafner with the game winning homer... FIRST PITCH! Awesome.

And that was following a walk off grand slam loss.

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/11/08 4:44:37 PM

>Congrats to the Tribe on locking up Mr. Carmona for the next few years. There's always a danger in giving a young pitcher such a big contract early, but he's shown a lot, especially in the post-season last year. You just hope there's no injury. If Sabathia leaves (likely,) you're covered.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 4/12/08 4:16:08 PM

Well since CC hasn't been up to par.. or even bogey for that matter it looks like good riddance if maybe we can get some offense out of a trade. I like him, but he's not doing much for us lately and between Fausto, Westbrook, and Lee starting off so well and our prospects, I'd take my chances for our starting rotation to get some more offense, which really cost us in the postseason.

Right now we are struggling and I hope we get back on our feet soon and take over the Central division.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 6/25/08 3:41:16 PM

I Drove all the way down to Pittsburgh for the Yankee game yesterday. I don't really want to talk about it. LMAO, that was some of the worst baseball playing I've ever seen!

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/27/08 9:13:05 PM

> I Drove all the way down to Pittsburgh for the Yankee game
> yesterday. I don't really want to talk about it. LMAO, that
> was some of the worst baseball playing I've ever seen!

Where did you drive from? At least you got to see the Yankees get the $#@% kicked out of them..just as my Mets did to them today. Also, it coulda been worse. You could have gone yesterday, and been subjected to the looooong rain delay and ultimate postponement of the game, all three innings wiped out of the record books.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by mapew9319 mapew9319 Profile at 6/30/08 12:36:20 AM

I drove from Niagara Falls, the ride was only about 4 hours or so. Not that bad of a drive, although my buddy did take over on the way back. I was just too tired, lol.

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/7/08 9:21:30 PM

>Bye-bye, C.C.

Here's what I see happening: C.C. has a tough adjustment to MY league through July and part of August. Goes on a roll through late August and September. Brewers win wild card, but fail to make it out of the first round of the playoffs. in December, C.C. signs with Yankees for 7 years, 135 million dollars.

I read this morning that he now wants to be known as CC..no periods. Who does he think he is? Sean Combs/Puffy/Puff Daddy/P.Diddy? Prince?

Mike, in a predicting mood.

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 7/10/08 1:51:08 PM

All I care about is those prospects making it worth it.

LaPorta will be in Akron, so GO AEROS!!!

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by Monolithic at 7/20/08 3:55:45 AM

Yeah Cubbies!!!

That's the majority. 1-2 looks great on the pitching staff along with one of the best offenses in baseball, the Cubs look like they're ready to make things change.

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 7/20/08 6:17:22 PM

> Yeah Cubbies!!!

> That's the majority. 1-2 looks great on the pitching staff
> along with one of the best offenses in baseball, the Cubs
> look like they're ready to make things change.

Here's to another 100 years.

-Ethan-

Re: Baseball!!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/21/08 9:18:59 PM

> BTW, Ethan..looks like I was wrong. CC doesn't seem to be having much trouble adjusting to the NL.

Mike

Re: Baseball!!! by Ethan Ethan Profile at 7/27/08 4:48:48 PM

> BTW, Ethan..looks like I was wrong. CC doesn't seem to be
> having much trouble adjusting to the NL.

> Mike

Nope, pitching great and has a huge bat on his shoulders.

-Ethan-