Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Hockey

Hockey

imagineer imagineer Profile

Posted:
9/3/06 at
12:46:39 PM

Views: 913

I wanted to start a thread where we could just talk about hockey and what people think that this NHL season will bring us. We could also talk about minor league as I know Shaft plays ML hockey.

I've played hockey all of my life and am currently on the 18U team in the Carolinas Hockey League which we were champions of last season.

I love the Pittsburgh Penguins more than any other team, but I also like the Hurricanes. I'm not a bandwagon jumper when it comes to the Canes, I just live here.

The Pens should be better than last year. After the Olympic break, they had actually started looking like a team. If Malkin comes over from Russia, we'll have another great offensive weapon.

As for minor-league, the place where I live, Greensboro, NC, has had a few teams in both the AHL and ECHL over the past several years. The last two were the Monarchs and then the Generals. We have a giant 23,000 person arena here that barely attracts more than 5,000 people for hockey, because if it isn't basketball, the town doesn't support it. :(

Next year, we are supposed to be getting another team here that will join the ECHL, so I am excited.

Zac

* This Post Has Been Modified *