Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > What do we call the new decade?

What do we call the new decade?

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
8/29/01 at
8:11:34 PM

Views: 725

The fact we started a new millennium completely overshadowed the fact that the 1990s are over and a new decade has begun. To me this decade has not found its identity yet let alone a name.

Re: What do we call the new decade? by BReNt at 8/29/01 10:16:19 PM

> The fact we started a new millennium completely
> overshadowed the fact that the 1990s are over and
> a new decade has begun. To me this decade has not
> found its identity yet let alone a name.
Hey Timmy!

This is one of the best questions I've heard. I've thought about it too,but I don't always share my thoughts with others . I think the the Twenty Hundreds would be good,but it can sound a little bit better.

Its always a vacation at the Breakers pool (Magnum Allan)

Take it Easy

BReNt

Re: What do we call the new decade? by Coasterdude at 8/29/01 10:45:54 PM

Most people refer to these years as the oughts.

-Coasterdude

Re: What do we call the new decade? by Pantera Psycho at 8/29/01 10:56:39 PM

For now I just say turn of the millennium, but as the years go by I'll just say the two-thousands or something like that.

Re: What do we call the new decade? by Streaker Streaker Profile at 8/30/01 3:21:42 PM

How about something with the letter K (k representing thousand of course) in it? When the phrase Y2K came out, I really liked the sound of it, but that was only for one specific year. Oh, I don't know, maybe something like this...

NAMES FOR THE DECADES OF THE 21ST CENTURY
for years 2000-2009 "2K0's" (pronounced two-kay-ohs)
for years 2010-2019 "2K1's" (pronounced two-kay-ones)
for years 2020-2029 "2K2's" (pronounced two-kay-twos)
for years 2030-3039 "2K3's" (pronounced two-kay-threes)
...and so on...you get the idea

Ok, Ok, it may sound corny or funny or whatever you want to call it, just don't start flaming this post. LOL This is just something I thought of quickly after reading the original question.

....let's hear some other suggestions....

-Streaker-

Re: What do we call the new decade? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/5/01 7:24:25 PM

I think it is the Noughties! Seriously, I do.

Graeme

Re: What do we call the new decade? by d n s u at 9/9/01 4:36:24 PM

Yes Graeme..I heard it was that in the UK anyway..it came down to either the zeroes or the noughties..
(well that sums up a majority of Parliament anyway...)

Re: What do we call the new decade? The aughts! 'Cuz it's cool! n/m by gracie_0801 at 10/8/01 1:11:29 AM