Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Help for a coasterphobic! Please!

Help for a coasterphobic! Please!

flyingchick

Posted:
4/14/06 at
1:36:30 PM

Views: 1198

Hi! My high school chorus class is going on a trip to Kings Dominion next month, and I want to have a blast like everyone else. Only thing is, I've never ridden a real roller before and I'm totally freaked out! I defiantly don't want to be left out of the fun! My biggest fear is that I'll get sick or something. Any advice on how to conquer this fear??? PLEASE??!!??!!

Re: Help for a coasterphobic! Please! by bigfoot_92 bigfoot_92 Profile at 4/23/06 5:31:41 AM

post on the actually coaster boards. they'll help.

Re: Help for a coasterphobic! Please! by TransAmOhioMan TransAmOhioMan Profile at 7/3/06 12:13:40 PM

> Hi! My high school chorus class is going on a trip to Kings
> Dominion next month, and I want to have a blast like
> everyone else. Only thing is, I've never ridden a real
> roller before and I'm totally freaked out! I defiantly
> don't want to be left out of the fun! My biggest fear is
> that I'll get sick or something. Any advice on how to
> conquer this fear??? PLEASE??!!??!!

You know the odd thing about me was when I was a kid I was afraid and got sick on coasters. But I was never afraid of speed. And I grew to love them. I lived in Ohio so it was sorta force fed. But One day I took some dramazene or something. And I had not been in a park for years for a while. And I was a tad older. So I got on one with friends. Scared the heck out of me. But I was ok. Got on gain was not as scary but more fun the second time. As I started to ride more loose and just let the feeling and sensations take me over, instead of fighting them. It started to feel unreal. I raced motocross, so it was odd for me not to have the guts at one time. Now I cant get off them. As I get older I cant ride anymore "bikes" so much. So coasters have been my replacement. But you got to go on knowing the ride was made for a reason. And you just got to scream like mad the first time, and just go with it, and don't fight it. Like the Nike Commercial. Just do it.