Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Goliath Sfog

Goliath Sfog

googleplex616 googleplex616 Profile

Posted:
2/16/06 at
6:27:15 PM

Views: 1141

I am extremely excited about goliath opening, and I conveniently live less than 20 minutes from six flags over georgia. Yet I have a few questions. With only two trains running and the ride taking 3 minutes, won't the lines be unbearable? And with a first drop of under 200 feet, will the $20,000,000 price tag be worth it? The layout looks incredible, yet the height at just over 200 feet doesn't seem worth 20 million dollars when many other coasters are closer to 10 million. Sure there are other B&M hypers with similiar heights, but I just am slightly doughtful. This might be the last major ride six flags over georgia builds for several years, and I hope it is worth the large investment six flags is willing to risk.

Re: Goliath Sfog by TransAmOhioMan TransAmOhioMan Profile at 7/3/06 12:27:23 PM

> I am extremely excited about goliath opening, and I
> conveniently live less than 20 minutes from six flags over
> georgia. Yet I have a few questions. With only two trains
> running and the ride taking 3 minutes, won't the lines be
> unbearable? And with a first drop of under 200 feet, will
> the $20,000,000 price tag be worth it? The layout looks
> incredible, yet the height at just over 200 feet doesn't
> seem worth 20 million dollars when many other coasters are
> closer to 10 million. Sure there are other B&M hypers with
> similiar heights, but I just am slightly doughtful. This
> might be the last major ride six flags over georgia builds
> for several years, and I hope it is worth the large
> investment six flags is willing to risk.

I saw the layout for that. And I have been their like a year or two ago, with Deja Fu "spelling?" and Superman and others. Cool park. But I saw the wild layout. And I know that park. It goes over the Georgia Schorcher/Stand up one "spelling?"and over the highway that leads in. It takes up like the whole left side "from entrance" of the park. Its not huge huge no. But its got a real cool layout. And it got theses wild helix like cut back turns That are vary steep Helix like turns. Looks cool. The hills going out and sorta back. Seem like they will give some great air time. It looks like a modern much better version of the Magnum layout almost. Not to say that Magnum is not good, I love it. But this looks like it will be a winner. Look up the pics on Google. Great pics. And their is a layout pick somewhere. I was impressed with its layout, and what it looks like it should do.