Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3?

Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3?

TracerBullet

Posted:
7/9/04 at
9:52:30 PM

Views: 1152

Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3?

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Coaster-Phile Coaster-Phile Profile at 7/10/04 1:49:18 AM

Those people do exist (I'm not amoung them, however).

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Timber-Rider at 7/11/04 6:11:58 AM

I saw part one, and part three. (on video)

The last part was riddled with scenes that were way too
drawn out and kind of impossible even for fantasy.

The scene toward the end where a charactor puts on the
ring had me slapping my forhead in dis-belief. I was
like...You've been through all this B.S. and NOW you
want the ring. GIVE ME THAT BICTH, and I will throw
the damn thing in the fire!

And, there was one charactor who had scenes where he
should certainly been killed...yet there the little
twirp is. Still alive and kicking. STUPID!

There is one scene that involves a giant spider. I
sat in my chair feeling my skin crawl...ewe...That
spider would have been having me for lunch and dinner,
because I would have passed out, if I saw a spider
that big coming after me. YUUUUKKKKK!

The whole series was eerie and creepy. And, it's
very funny because the church was in such an uproar
about Harry Potter....PLEASE!

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by nECrO at 7/28/04 12:01:15 AM

> I saw part one, and part three. (on video)

Did you read the books? I thought the movie was pretty easy to follow but if not the books spelled out everything in greater detail. The movies were very good adaptations of some of the greatest literary works in the 20th century. maybe you should stick to Harry Potter.......Or perhaps Cheetah girls?

BTW, What has this to do with Roller Coasters?

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Ethan Ethan Profile at 8/28/06 7:23:50 PM

Open Forum! Read the sign. BTW, I love LOTR. Great movies! Drawn out, but good. He wanted to put on the ring because it like controls people and stuff. Didn't you follow the plot.

Do not be offended by my comments... please.

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/29/06 5:08:05 AM

I don't particularly like them. I've seen 1 and 2 (don't know why!) and whilst I admit they had a certain something about them, I really felt I'd wasted my time at the end. I'd received very little entertainment for the time I'd put in.

Very serious, very dry. Hardly any humour at all. Also extremely long (too long).

For fantasy, I prefer Harry Potter and Doctor Who, not to mention the Zelda games.

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by bankteller bankteller Profile at 9/2/06 4:29:19 PM

> Open Forum! Read the sign. BTW, I love LOTR. Great movies!
> Drawn out, but good.

Did you really think they were drawn out? Superman this summer was too long, so were the last three Star Wars movies, but I thought LOTR was perfect. They kept me engaged the entire time, despite the length.

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Ethan Ethan Profile at 9/2/06 6:47:55 PM

I loved them, but the last scene especially was drawn out. Great movies though. Star Wars 2 was a killer. Took forever with little payoff. 1 was just kinda dumb (meesa Jar Jar Binks). Star Wars 3 was great and fast-paced (the first time). The second time I saw it it seemed longer becuase it wasn't all new to me. I haven't seen Superman, but I'd like to.
-Ethan-

Re: Does anybody hear not like Lord of the Rings 1, 2, or 3? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/5/06 9:09:41 AM

> I don't particularly like them. I've seen 1 and 2 (don't
> know why!) and whilst I admit they had a certain something
> about them, I really felt I'd wasted my time at the end.
> I'd received very little entertainment for the time I'd put
> in.

> Very serious, very dry. Hardly any humour at all. Also
> extremely long (too long).

> For fantasy, I prefer Harry Potter and Doctor Who, not to
> mention the Zelda games.

Graeme, except for the Harry Pothead I have to agree with you there on Doctor Who, which is tonight, and I will not forget this time. I just don't know if I can take the Daleks serious

Tim.

The Clientele