Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Best Rock band ever!

Best Rock band ever!

Spyder Spyder Profile

Posted:
3/25/03 at
5:00:04 PM

Views: 4231

What do you think is the greatest rock and roll band of all time? It doesn't have to be your personal favorite, just whatever band you think contributed more to Rock, than any other band. Mine is hint: SELTAEB.....read it backwards.

To add to a previous thread, i think the 3 Doors down song "Kryptonite" goes best with any Superman themed coaster, and "Helter Skelter" By the Beatles reminds me of any hyper coaster period, as does "Won't get fooled again" by The WHo. I think Punk rock also goes great with the fast paced speed of a roller coaster.

-DAN

Re: Best Rock band ever! by psycho187 at 3/26/03 8:04:48 AM

hey dan,
i personally think that pearl jam would be the best rock band ever. this is my opinion though.

Re: Best Rock band ever! by sped_21 at 5/19/03 10:03:23 PM

Metallica!!! There isn't a better song than Enter Sandman.

Re: Best Rock band ever! by SusieQ at 5/21/03 7:00:52 AM

Best bands ever....

Eagles
Van Halen
Journey
Rolling Stones
Boston
Nazareth
ACDC

et....etc.....

I could name so very many!

Re: Best Rock band ever! by derekaluk at 5/21/03 8:15:20 AM

It's got to be...Queen

Alan

Re: Best Rock band ever! by billcosbyssweater at 6/3/03 6:01:12 PM

ACDC
OZZY
BLACKSABBATH
QUEEN
GUNS&ROSES
VANHALEN
JUDASPRIEST
AND...
GODSMACK

Re: Best Rock band ever! by millenniumBat82 at 6/8/03 11:49:38 AM

Stone Temple Pilots

Re: Best Rock band ever! by HuskerPower at 6/12/03 11:29:04 AM

Van Halen is worthless!!! I don't know why everyone thinks they are so great. "Jump" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Re: Best Rock band ever! by medusa0871 medusa0871 Profile at 6/20/03 10:39:52 AM

> Van Halen is worthless!!! I don't know why
> everyone thinks they are so great.
> "Jump" is one of the worst songs I've
> ever heard.

AREOSMITH!!!
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E-STREET BAND
EAGLES

Re: Best Rock band ever! by Snap43nib at 6/22/03 6:52:51 AM

In no particular order:
Black Sabbath (Ozzy years)
Misfits (1977-1983)
Rolling Stones
Beatles (Later 60's Stuff)
Jonny Cash (If you consider him rock, I do)

Re: Best Rock band ever! by Flash5 at 6/29/03 2:00:48 PM

I'd say it is Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dream Theater and Guns'n'Roses

Re: Best Rock band ever! by TracerBullet at 8/14/03 3:12:40 PM

THE WHO!!!!!
THE BEATLES!!!!!
AEROSMITH!!!!!!
LED ZEPLIN!!!!!!!!
THE STONES!!!!!!

Re: Best Rock band ever! by coasters4life at 9/13/03 6:39:22 PM

Nice topic. I am going to give my personal top five classic rock bands:

5)Eagles

4)Queen

3)Rolling Stones

2)Beatles

1)Led Zepplin

There are still a handful of great bands that I did not mention that would probably make other's top lists and should not be forgotten such as Boston, The Who, Floyd, and The Steve Miller Band.

-Mitch F.

Re: Best Rock band ever! by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/19/03 12:28:07 PM

Here a few of my pics, in no special order...

1. Later Beatles material, from revolver up to Abbey road, though I love Magical Mystery Tour.

2. Pink Floyd. The wall is good, dark Side of the Moon is excellent, but the Barrett years were untouchable. Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Flaming, the Gnome, Jugband blues, are some of the great PF tunes where Roger'Syd'Barrett was in. Even after they kicked Syd out, his influence was still there, and they even wrote a track about him too, 'Wish You Were here.'

3. The Smiths. Now I will clear up this mis-conception, not everyone who listens to the Smiths are depressed and/or suicidal. When I am down though, I listen to them and then realize, Morrissey's life is worse than mine, then i feel better. Another over looked thing about this band, is Johnny Marr. This guy is one hell of a guitarist, who uses, even to this day, many different styles of music from rock, disco(the guitar rhytmns), to even music from the late fifties to the early sixties, and his work is beautiful. A guitar hero of mine.

4. U2(before they got tame). here is an amazing band, led again by an amazing guitarist, the Edge. Another guy I absolutely mimic when I play, and I have been known with my friends to simply rip off, much like noel Gallagher of Oasis, another hero too. one of my favourite U2 songs, which wasn't a Top 40 track... Running To Stand Still. 4 chords. No distortion, no effects, no DJ's, no nothing. Just guitar, piano, and vocals.

5. Sonic Youth. Just so I have one non-UK band on my list. These cats are incredible! They make noise, beautiful noise, and have catchy, almost pop songs to go with them. My only beef with SY is that they are mostly political, but when you enter their sound world, you instantly forget about that.

Re: Best Rock band ever! by falconflyer at 10/27/03 11:41:55 PM

I like Smash Mouth(am I the only one?)

Re: Best Rock band ever! by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 11/11/03 11:45:04 AM

> I like Smash Mouth(am I the only one?)

No...I like SmashMouth, but they're not my absolute fave.

#1 for me would be BEATLES
#2 EAGLES
#3 FOREIGNER

Can I get a HELL YEAH! for any FOREIGNER FANS IN THE HOUSE???????????

MommaBeast - who's not cold as ice, either!
LOL
;>)

Re: Best Rock band ever! by Lorelei1977 at 11/16/03 1:50:49 AM

am a HUGE doors fan! got my first album for christmas when I was 15 years old from Daddy (best of the doors) and have been hooked ever since.
~lorelei

Re: Best Rock band ever! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/8/12 3:55:06 PM
MommaBeast said:

> I like Smash Mouth(am I the only one?)

No...I like SmashMouth, but they're not my absolute fave.

#1 for me would be BEATLES
#2 EAGLES
#3 FOREIGNER

Can I get a HELL YEAH! for any FOREIGNER FANS IN THE HOUSE???????????

MommaBeast - who's not cold as ice, either!
LOL
;>)

Reading old threads on the OT board...Never knew you were a Foreigner fan! They were a favorite of mine, too. You may not be Cold As Ice, but what about Hot Blooded? I KNOW you're not Seventeen :)Hope all's well, Nita.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...