Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Magnum Force

Magnum Force

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
4/25/00 at
5:07:31 PM

Views: 213

Is Flamingo Land's Magnum Force an exact copy of West Edmonton Mall's Mindbender, or is it a mirror image? I've heard that Mindbender pulls 5.2g+s (which I'm not keen on)!

Graeme.

Re: Magnum Force by Cal at 4/26/00 7:10:04 AM

> Is Flamingo Land's Magnum Force an exact
> copy of West Edmonton Mall's Mindbender, or
> is it a mirror image? I've heard that
> Mindbender pulls 5.2g+s (which I'm not keen
> on)! Graeme.

It's a mirror image I believe, and I think it's a little more compact due to its travelling history. Don't worry about G-forces. I've done Thriller and Olympia looping (along with several Schwarzkopfs in America) and really enjoyed them. If you've ridden the Bullet then Magnum Force is certainly less intense.

Cal

Re: G-Forces by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/26/00 2:58:48 PM

I wouldn't let the forces deter me from riding, but in general, I like it if they keep them down.

Er no, actually I wimped out of the Bullet ('96). I quite enjoyed the Corkscrew (my first one) but really, I'm not into thrill rides that much. The important thing to me is the theming and scenery. Obviously I like my coasters to be nippy though.

Generally I like woodies, or the feeling of fight on a swing or inverted coaster. I'm not sure whether I prefer Nemesis or the Vampire, so that should say a lot. Most people I know think I'm bonkers for liking that one so much.

Graeme.