Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB

Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB

Fraser Fraser Profile

Posted:
4/22/00 at
6:49:34 AM

Views: 359

OK - not a rollercoaster question. Sorry!
Being a bit of a girly Wuss, I'm always slightly wary of dark rides. How scary are the following ; Pasaje del Teror, Haunted Crypt and The Ghost Train (all at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.)?

Re: Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/22/00 11:20:35 AM

Start with Walton Pier's Ghost Train, and work your way up to Professor Burp's Bubbleworks!

No, seriously I don't really like that sort of thing either. Don't worry about it. Different strokes for different folks!

Graeme.

> OK - not a rollercoaster question. Sorry!
> Being a bit of a girly Wuss, I'm always
> slightly wary of dark rides. How scary are
> the following ; Pasaje del Teror, Haunted
> Crypt and The Ghost Train (all at Blackpool
> Pleasure Beach.)?

Re: Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB by Fraser Fraser Profile at 4/22/00 12:06:53 PM

> Start with Walton Pier's Ghost Train, and
> work your way up to Professor Burp's
> Bubbleworks! No, seriously I don't really
> like that sort of thing either. Don't worry
> about it. Different strokes for different
> folks! Graeme.

Professor Burp's Bubbleworks!! Now that IS a scary ride!!!

Re: Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/22/00 12:39:55 PM

I'm sure Cal can tell you more about the Blackpool "haunted" rides. I saw Pasaje del Terror on the telly, and as far as I can tell it's just a load of teenagers wearing masks and squatting on rubbish heaps.

Graeme.

Professor Burp's Bubbleworks!! Now that IS a
> scary ride!!!

Re: Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB by d n s u at 4/22/00 2:34:21 PM

The guy who jumps out at you in Pas. got a shock himself a few weeks ago..according to the local rags a DSS guy jumped out on him and he ended up in court...

Can't tell you much about the Crypt on Ocean Boulevard but the ghost train is good fun..(or so my daughter tells me..ahem..) - check out the skeleton's head that comes flying at you and the skeletons riding around on bikes.. The 1.75 'B' Ride price is a little scary though..

Re: Dark Rides/Walkthroughs at Blackpool PB by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/22/00 3:33:03 PM

well, He who lives by the sword...

Graeme.

> The guy who jumps out at you in Pas. got a
> shock himself a few weeks ago..according to
> the local rags a DSS guy jumped out on him
> and he ended up in court... Can't tell you
> much about the Crypt on Ocean Boulevard but
> the ghost train is good fun..(or so my
> daughter tells me..ahem..) - check out the
> skeleton's head that comes flying at you and
> the skeletons riding around on bikes.. The
> 1.75 'B' Ride price is a little scary
> though..

Pasaje del Terror by Cal at 4/25/00 6:03:49 AM

I've done the Pasaje numerous times and was a bit nervous the first time but not really scared (and certainly not now! I'm just not a jumpy person).
If you're nervy though, bear in mind that it's very dark, there are real actors in there and you can't run away (although there are chicken exits at some points). There's a creepy grave digger, a witch, the Exorcist girl, a vampire, Freddy Kruegar, a mad guy in the body bag room, a Hannibal Lecter-type guy behind bars, and Leatherface. There are also a few creepy monks who tell you where to go and stuff. As I said, I don't find it scary but a lot of people do. It's good fun though.
As for the ghost train, it's not at all scary and rather old fashioned, but quite good fun.

Cal