Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Berlin

Berlin

Andreas

Posted:
4/5/00 at
3:55:01 PM

Views: 209

I'm going to Berlin this may, and I was wondering, if there are any amusementparks or fairs there?

Are there any websites, where you can get info about the big german fairs? I'm especially interested in where and when, these fairs take place.

//:)

Andreas

Re: Berlin by jackhatt at 4/5/00 4:02:37 PM

> I'm going to Berlin this may, and I was
> wondering, if there are any amusementparks
> or fairs there? Are there any websites,
> where you can get info about the big german
> fairs? I'm especially interested in where
> and when, these fairs take place. //:)
> Andreas
In Berlin you can find the spreepark which is in a bad condition. They don't have much money and the rides are also very rusty. They have a Vekoma Double Loop/Corcscrew, two log flumes, two small coasters, a jet star and a big whell. There are some flat rides too. But, believe me, it isn't a nice park. I'm living in Germany and so I can give you some further information about big fairs, when you send me the date of your visit. But is certainly not one of these big fairs like Düsseldorf, Hannover or Munich. But I think, we'll find anything:-)
greetings
jackhatt

Re: Berlin by Andreas at 4/5/00 5:07:02 PM

That would be great. I dont no exactly, when I'm going in may, though. What about the large fairs in Hamburg, Münich, Hannover and Frankfurt - when does these take place? Is Oktoberfest in Münich the largest of the fairs?

Thank you

Andreas

Re: Berlin by Andreas at 4/5/00 5:07:46 PM

That would be great. I dont no exactly, when I'm going in may, though. What about the large fairs in Hamburg, Münich, Hannover and Frankfurt - when does these take place? Is Oktoberfest in Münich the largest of the fairs?

Thank you

Andreas

Re: Berlin by jackhatt at 4/5/00 5:23:48 PM

> That would be great. I dont no exactly, when
> I'm going in may, though. What about the
> large fairs in Hamburg, Münich, Hannover and
> Frankfurt - when does these take place? Is
> Oktoberfest in Münich the largest of the
> fairs? Thank you Andreas
Yes, the oktoberfest is the largest of the fairs. You can find there two big looping coasters (5-olympia-looping and the inverter eurostar) and every flat ride, which you can imagine. But the ride durations are very short in Munich, because there are so many people. Fairs like Düsseldorf Hannover and hamburg does only have one big coaster, but a lot of flats also. They are all great.
Hamburg is three times a year (april, july/august and november)
Düsseldorf and Hannover takes place in July.

Re: Berlin by Felix G at 4/7/00 3:41:58 AM

If you want see some pictures of Olympia-Looping and Eurostar,
check out my Web-Site Felix' Amusement Park Pictures at
fgeibel.homepage.com
I have 20 Eurostar and 7 Olympia-Looping pictures in high quality
there.

Yes, the oktoberfest is the largest of the
> fairs. You can find there two big looping
> coasters (5-olympia-looping and the inverter
> eurostar) and every flat ride, which you can
> imagine. But the ride durations are very
> short in Munich, because there are so many
> people. Fairs like Düsseldorf Hannover and
> hamburg does only have one big coaster, but
> a lot of flats also. They are all great.
> Hamburg is three times a year (april,
> july/august and november) Düsseldorf and
> Hannover takes place in July.

Felix' Amusement Park Pictures

Schwartzkopf by Andreas at 4/7/00 2:12:11 PM

The Schwartzkopf Olympia-Looping coaster looks amazing. And a bit scary. How is it?

The only Schwartzkopf looping coaster I have tried is Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Intense, but very short.

Does Schwartzkopf still make coasters? I saw in a report from the IAPA (or whatever)-show in november 1999, that theres a new Schwartzkopf-train on the market.

//;)

Andreas