Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Parc Asterix info, help!!

Parc Asterix info, help!!

Masher

Posted:
4/3/00 at
9:19:01 PM

Views: 193

Duplicate post is on the general discussion board...

I will be spending a weekend in Paris at the tail end of a rapidly upcoming business trip. It just wouldn't be prudent to skip an opportunity to ride Tonnerre de Zeus.

Can anyone provide any tips to a non-French speaking yankee transplant from California such as.....

Comments from anyone who has ridden Zeus

How far is the park from Charles de Gaul airport?

Operating hours on April 4th and April 5th?

Cost?

Words of wisdom on where to sit, what to wear, eat, bla, bla, bla......

Much appreciated! :-)

Re: Parc Asterix info, help!! by Cal at 4/4/00 5:39:47 AM

I can't really give directions or cost info as I went there on a club coach trip two years ago, but what I can say is that it's well worth the wait. Zeus is a fantastic coaster and back left is the place to sit. By the end of the day this baby's flying.
All I can say about the other big coaster, Gouderix, is that it's the most painful coaster I've ever ridden. I think they've put new wheels on now so it might have improved, but ride the back seat at your own peril. (I am also not a grumbly person about roughness - I found Steel Phantom, and the Arrow Six Flags loopers all smooth).

Cal

Re: Parc Asterix info, help!! by Jakob at 4/4/00 6:18:50 AM

>
> It just wouldn't be prudent
> to skip an opportunity to ride Tonnerre de
> Zeus.
Oh, yes you have to!
Can anyone provide any tips to a
> non-French speaking yankee transplant from
> California such as..... Comments from
> anyone who has ridden Zeus
I think it is one of the greatest coasters overall. I cant imagine, that there is a better woody.
How far is the park from Charles de Gaul airport?
It is about 20 minutes to go from the airport. If you have your own car, you must go by freeway in direction Bruxelles. The park has an own route exit. Otherwise there is a privat bus line by airport to the park.
> Operating hours on April 4th and April 5th?
The park opens at 10 and the attractions close at 18 o'clock.
> Cost?
About 170 French Francs (=30 Dollar?)
Words of wisdom on where to sit, what to wear, eat, bla, bla, bla......
The longest waiting times are at menhir express (log flume by Hopkins), the monorail and l'oxygenarium (spinning rapid ride by whitewater). So ride these in the morning. But in the week, the park is probably empty.
Although not understanding french, you have to visit the stunt show "la main basse sur la joconde". It is completely different from other shows and the acteurs don't speak anything.
Quite funny.
Goudurix is really the most painful coaster overall. I rode it last year, and it was terrible. But you have to experience it.
Much fun
Jakob