Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Thorpe Park

Thorpe Park

joseph

Posted:
3/15/00 at
1:48:20 PM

Views: 200

Exactly how high is the new water ride Tidle Wave expected to be? Also I did not think that the same planning restictions applied to TP as Chessingtons. Thorpe park is situated in an industrial area of the London orbital where as CWOA has the near by affluent neighbours to think of.

Re: Thorpe Park by Cal at 3/16/00 6:06:08 AM

> Exactly how high is the new water ride Tidle
> Wave expected to be? Also I did not think
> that the same planning restictions applied
> to TP as Chessingtons. Thorpe park is
> situated in an industrial area of the London
> orbital where as CWOA has the near by
> affluent neighbours to think of.

It's about 90 foot and yes, you're correct about planning. That's exactly why Tussauds bought the park when they already had another one in the same area!

Cal

Re: Thorpe Park by Joseph at 3/16/00 1:07:11 PM

It's about 90 foot and yes, you're correct about
> planning. That's exactly why Tussauds bought
> the park when they already had another one
> in the same area! Cal

Thats good news for riders. I wondered about this some years ago. Also with LHR so near by there should be little problem with the scream machines I hope to see built. Any idea how many acres TP is? That is a major restriction in the UK dont you think. Any ideas of an area or park in the UK with a huge scope to develop?

Regards J

Re: Lightwater Valley by Nemedave at 3/17/00 4:29:44 AM

The obvious park with room to expand is Lightwater Valley. If you haven't been there, there is a *Huge* area inside the Ultimates tracks that could be used. If only the owners contemplated actually adding something major - instead of adding a wave swinger, and a city jet, and a swinging inverter ship (ugh!) over the last few years. I suppose they have tidied the park up considerably, but it still very cheap and tacky to me, other than the Ultimate and maybe the bat flyer, which is fair enough for single digiters, but not really up to much for anybody else.

Re: Lightwater Valley by Cal at 3/17/00 6:32:09 AM

> The obvious park with room to expand is
> Lightwater Valley. If you haven't been
> there, there is a *Huge* area inside the
> Ultimates tracks that could be used. If only
> the owners contemplated actually adding
> something major - instead of adding a wave
> swinger, and a city jet, and a swinging
> inverter ship (ugh!) over the last few
> years. I suppose they have tidied the park
> up considerably, but it still very cheap and
> tacky to me, other than the Ultimate and
> maybe the bat flyer, which is fair enough
> for single digiters, but not really up to
> much for anybody else.

I quite agree. The problem is access - it's not all that easy to get to. I wish someone like Premier would buy the place and do something with it!

Cal

Re: Lightwater Valley by Mr Aitch at 3/17/00 7:36:30 PM

I quite agree. The problem is access - it's not
> all that easy to get to. I wish someone like
> Premier would buy the place and do something
> with it! Cal

There was also a rumour that Premier were looking at Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft ,apparently another park with loads of room for development and NO height restrictions .