Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The ULTAMITE WILL BE OUT TRACKED

The ULTAMITE WILL BE OUT TRACKED

The Intimadator

Posted:
3/1/00 at
3:43:18 PM

Views: 216

Hi, back their in england & the rest of europe, im from texas, US. Not much is happing here either, now i dont know about europe, but down here its told that Japan, will steal englands title of longest track out of wood & steel, its not named yet, structure will be finished by august this year only to open next year, its track length is 8,000ft long, the rest of the data is unknown, all the USA is hoping that they keep the tallest steel & fastest cercuit ( mellinium FORCE) for the year or longer, sorry about the bad news for england. I'll try my best to see any good coasters around there.

Seeya from Houston, TX. Home of the tied steepest coaster in the world ( ULTRA TWISTER, Come on only by point somthing not that much ).
SEEYA'll now thanks for reading.

Re: The ULTAMITE WILL BE OUT TRACKED by joseph at 3/2/00 2:16:30 PM

> Hi, back their in england & the rest of
Hi from Hastings in the UK. Good news for the Japanese I think! Regarding the steepest coaster, you should ride OBLIVION at Alton Towers, UK. The worlds first vertical drop roller coaster. Opened 1998. 200ft (100ft above ground/100ft into an underground tunnel and .... the worlds first 8 abrest coaster train. What da think Texas? Have fun. Regards Joseph.
PS. Doesnt Japan also have an identical Ulta Twister in Tokyo?

> europe, im from texas, US. Not much is
> happing here either, now i dont know about
> europe, but down here its told that Japan,
> will steal englands title of longest track
> out of wood & steel, its not named yet,
> structure will be finished by august this
> year only to open next year, its track
> length is 8,000ft long, the rest of the data
> is unknown, all the USA is hoping that they
> keep the tallest steel & fastest cercuit
> ( mellinium FORCE) for the year or longer,
> sorry about the bad news for england. I'll
> try my best to see any good coasters around
> there. Seeya from Houston, TX. Home of the
> tied steepest coaster in the world ( ULTRA
> TWISTER, Come on only by point somthing not
> that much ). SEEYA'll now thanks for
> reading.

Re: The ULTAMITE WILL BE OUT TRACKED by Cal at 3/3/00 5:57:07 AM

Well it's always been on the cards that Ultimate would be beaten before too long. It's not a terribly popular coaster in any case. I quite like it but it could've been so much better. And yes, the new 300 foot Morgan hyper in Japan will beat it for length too.

As for steepness, the UltraTwisters are all 85 degrees and Oblivion is 87, so it's still the steepest circuit coaster. But Superman:ST, the Mr Freezes, Linear Gale and the new S:UE all have 90 degree drops, though they're all shuttles of course.

Cal

Re: The Ultimate by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/3/00 9:46:11 AM

With no worldwide record to boast of, I'd sell it to fund something else!

> Well it's always been on the cards that
> Ultimate would be beaten before too long.
> It's not a terribly popular coaster in any
> case. I quite like it but it could've been
> so much better. And yes, the new 300 foot
> Morgan hyper in Japan will beat it for
> length too. As for steepness, the
> UltraTwisters are all 85 degrees and
> Oblivion is 87, so it's still the steepest
> circuit coaster. But Superman:ST, the Mr
> Freezes, Linear Gale and the new S:UE all
> have 90 degree drops, though they're all
> shuttles of course. Cal

Re: The Ultimate by Cal at 3/6/00 8:05:16 AM

> With no worldwide record to boast of, I'd
> sell it to fund something else!

Well there has been rumours about it being chopped in half to reduce maintenance costs. As for selling it, it's a terrain coaster and it's difficult to relocate something like that. LWV seems to have a lot of potential as a park but not a lot of money, it seems. I wish Six Flags or someone like that could buy it!

Cal

Re: The Ultimate by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/6/00 8:58:21 AM

I wonder if the park's location has something to do with its struggle? I agree, LWV is a very spacious park with a lot of potential. I did enjoy the Ultimate. I think it is one of those rides which IS thrilling, but didn't really live up to its design potential. It would definitely be a good support ride for a multi-inversion steel coaster, funded by a big company.

Well there has been rumours about it being
> chopped in half to reduce maintenance costs.
> As for selling it, it's a terrain coaster
> and it's difficult to relocate something
> like that. LWV seems to have a lot of
> potential as a park but not a lot of money,
> it seems. I wish Six Flags or someone like
> that could buy it! Cal

Re: The ULTAMITE WILL BE OUT TRACKED by Speedy at 3/8/00 7:18:47 PM

> Hi, back their in england & the rest of
> europe, im from texas, US. Not much is
> happing here either, now i dont know about
> europe, but down here its told that Japan,
> will steal englands title of longest track
> out of wood & steel, its not named yet,
> structure will be finished by august this
> year only to open next year, its track
> length is 8,000ft long, the rest of the data
> is unknown, all the USA is hoping that they
> keep the tallest steel & fastest cercuit
> ( mellinium FORCE) for the year or longer,
> sorry about the bad news for england. I'll
> try my best to see any good coasters around
> there. Seeya from Houston, TX. Home of the
> tied steepest coaster in the world ( ULTRA
> TWISTER, Come on only by point somthing not
> that much ). SEEYA'll now thanks for
> reading.

I heard it's gonna be 340 feet !!