Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > uk.new for 2000/2001.are we left behind?

uk.new for 2000/2001.are we left behind?

joseph

Posted:
2/25/00 at
5:20:53 PM

Views: 245

Looking through all the web sites, a huge ammount of new coasters are developing in the US. What the heck is planned for the UK. Remember we had firsts inc. The Big One. The Ultimate and Oblivion! So what now?

Re: uk.new for 2000/2001.are we left behind? by jakob at 2/26/00 4:09:31 AM

> Looking through all the web sites, a huge
> ammount of new coasters are developing in
> the US. What the heck is planned for the UK.
> Remember we had firsts inc. The Big One. The
> Ultimate and Oblivion! So what now?
I think you have to wait another year in UK. There are many rumours floating about a new coaster at Drayton (lay-down coaster?), at Thorpe park (inverted design?) and I could imagine, that Oakwood will build a coaster also. But I don't thik, that it is a bad year for UK Parks. Drayton Manor gets the prototype of a standing free-fall-tower. Blackpool gets the world's biggest Dark Ride in form of a water coaster. I think, we can have a lot of fun in UK in 2000/1.
Greetings
Jakob

Re: uk.new for 2000/2001.are we left behind? by Nemedave at 2/28/00 7:21:05 AM

What we really need over here is some sort of real *big* publicity for the *big* American coasters - Montu, Kumba, Alpengeist, Magnum, Stealth and of course Millenium Force (among others). If knowledge of these machines was common to all the general public, rather than just fanatics, then chances are we would have a similar demand for such coasters over here.
As an example of this the journalists at the Six Flags Holland preview were said to be muttering 'Wow' and 'oh my Gods' because they were only only used to Bobbejaanland's and Efteling's smaller coasters. (See First Drop 49, I think this comment was stated in the 'headline' insert that was sent out with it.)

Re: uk.new for 2000/2001.are we left behind? by Cal at 2/28/00 12:50:06 PM

I think you have to wait another year in UK.
> There are many rumours floating about a new
> coaster at Drayton (lay-down coaster?), at
> Thorpe park (inverted design?) and I could
> imagine, that Oakwood will build a coaster
> also. But I don't thik, that it is a bad
> year for UK Parks. Drayton Manor gets the
> prototype of a standing free-fall-tower.
> Blackpool gets the world's biggest Dark Ride
> in form of a water coaster. I think, we can
> have a lot of fun in UK in 2000/1.
> Greetings Jakob

Yes, there is stuff happening but 2000 is a quieter year than we've all hoped for, in the UK at least. There's plenty happening in the rest of Europe!
However, B&M folks have been spotted at Thorpe Park so (hoping planning permission is granted) keep fingers crossed for something big next year.

Cal