Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Sit down to floorless?

Sit down to floorless?

jakob

Posted:
2/25/00 at
1:14:26 PM

Views: 284

Hi!
I have a question: Would it be possible to change a normal B&M Sit Down Coaster like Dragon Khan into a Floorless Coaster? Sure, you have to rebuild the station, but would there be further problems? If not, it could be a good possibility to increase cheaply the fun of this ride
Greetings
Jakob Wahl

Re: Sit down to floorless? by Pete at 2/26/00 4:22:09 PM

> Hi! I have a question: Would it be possible
> to change a normal B&M Sit Down Coaster like
> Dragon Khan into a Floorless Coaster? Sure,
> you have to rebuild the station, but would
> there be further problems? If not, it could
> be a good possibility to increase cheaply
> the fun of this ride Greetings Jakob Wahl

Would be nice. But its a great ride being a normal sit down
see ya
Pete
User Submitted Picture

World of Coasters

Re: Sit down to floorless? by Nemedave at 2/28/00 7:29:26 AM

I don't see why not - all B&M coasters use the same track structure (ignoring Oblivion). It would be possible to put an floorless, speed or even an inverted train onto Dragon Khan's rails. It's another matter entirely whether you could load the train (inverted), or whether it would be safe (speed or floorless). Because of the way the floorless cars work, the maneuvers taken by them have to have a certain radius to stop you from ripping your feet off in the trackwork, although I assume with the raised and banked seating they use, it would be possible to switch the trains. A speed train (ala Apollo's Chariot) would be seriously cool, provided that the restraints could hold you in, though it's some time since a looper has appeared without OTSR. IMHO I'd rather see lots of new B&M's across Europe. Let's hope Katun inspires the park owners - B&M's are not that much more expensive than the competition when building major rides.

Re: Sit down to floorless?/the real problem by jakob at 2/28/00 11:19:30 AM

> IMHO I'd rather see lots of new B&M's across
> Europe. Let's hope Katun inspires the park
> owners - B&M's are not that much more
> expensive than the competition when building
> major rides.
I think, the big problem is, that no non-coaster-fanatic can make a difference between vekoma and b&m. If you're observing the guests visiting slc's: they are happy too. And the park managers have to think why buying a more expensive product, wait two years for the same effect?? And the european visitors don't know many b&M coasters, so they don't know the difference! In otherway you are also right: They don't even know Hypercoaster, Big wooden coasters or floorless.
Greetings
jakob

Re: Sit down to floorless?/the real problem by Nemedave at 2/28/00 12:17:42 PM

To be honest I don't really care that much what coaster I'm on. It's just that some hit home better than others, and ignoring Nemesis, the best I've ever done are all in the States.
If the G.P. knew what they were missing over here, then I foresee a demand for it. Imagine if the Islands of Adventure or Busch Gardens Williamsburg was in Europe - either would very probably stomp all the competition into the dust. On the positive side of things, there could well be a hyper appearing soon with a Superman theme.......Wahey!
Six Flags Holland also has three areas marked for future expansion, all big enough for Medusa or Riddler's Revenge sized rides. Check out the feature at http://www.coasterclub.org for a look at a official map. And of course, Mirabilanda's forthcoming Katun, which speaks for itself.

Re: Sit down to floorless? by Jonny at 3/8/00 1:58:29 PM

I don't think this could take place, due to the stress caused on the tracks by different types of trains: - Floorless coaster cars are higher than standard coaster cars, putting a higher centre of gravity on the train, therefore through inversions such as a corkscrew would induce too greater a force on the tracks making it unsafe.