Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Legend of Hex, Alton Towers

Legend of Hex, Alton Towers

Nick Javens

Posted:
2/25/00 at
7:35:52 AM

Views: 263

Hi. Is there anyone out there, that knows much about Alton Towers latest venture? I have read that it is to be a special effects, and cinematic experience, but would like to know more about what type of ride it is, and if it is anything to get excited about. If it turns out like Toyland Tours, then it will be dissapointing to say the least! I belive that Alton Towers is one of the best Theme Parks in the world, not just for its rides, but for its landscape, and interesting design of rides, so lets hope that its 2000 offering is something to be excited about. Also does anybody know of any possible rollercoasters that may be popping up any time soon at AT?

Re: Legend of Hex, Alton Towers by Andreas at 2/25/00 9:12:33 AM

It's a Haunted Swing from Vekoma. Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen has one, and its ... well ... boring. Good theming could change that, but I don't think so.

Re: Legend of Hex, Alton Towers by Cal at 2/29/00 6:25:21 AM

> It's a Haunted Swing from Vekoma. Tivoli
> Gardens in Copenhagen has one, and its ...
> well ... boring. Good theming could change
> that, but I don't think so.

It's going to be very similar to Drayton Manor's The Haunting. I don't know why they opted for such a ride when Drayton is so close by, but that's Alton for you.

Cal