Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Does anybody ever read the messages here?

Does anybody ever read the messages here?

Nemedave

Posted:
2/24/00 at
5:49:58 AM

Views: 181

Is it just me, or is this board as dead as a doornail. The webmaster was considering closing it - and I tend to agree that closing it wouldn't bother many people at all.

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by Cal at 2/24/00 9:29:43 AM

> Is it just me, or is this board as dead as a
> doornail. The webmaster was considering
> closing it - and I tend to agree that
> closing it wouldn't bother many people at
> all.

I think the problem is the Americans mostly stick with the main board, and there aren't many euros to keep this lively. The RCCGB has a message board on its site, the ECC has a mailing list and the non-English language folks are at a big disadvantage on boards like this. So yes, sadly I have to agree.

Cal

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by jakob at 2/24/00 12:15:21 PM

I think the problem is the Americans mostly
> stick with the main board
and there aren't
> many euros to keep this lively. The RCCGB
> has a message board on its site, the ECC has
> a mailing list and the non-English language
> folks are at a big disadvantage on boards
> like this. So yes, sadly I have to agree.
> Cal
I can't agree with your opinion. I like the forum not as a News-Board. For me it is a very good discussion forum, where everyone can give his opinion about the european park life. I think too, that there are enough europeans in this forum to keep it lively (there are often 30 people who reads a message and I don't think, that it is a very bad number). To the message boards of the ecc, rccgb and Freundeskreis frizeitparks:
I prefer a big variety and i'm happy that there are so many folks like me, who are fanatic in coasters. In USA you can't read anymore all the theme park boards, which exist in the net.
Greetings
Jakob

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by Andreas at 2/24/00 1:19:02 PM

The lesser activity in the european message board may have to do whith fact, that the coaster-hype is newer phenomenon in europe. I think it will change.

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by Padjez at 2/24/00 5:20:11 PM

Yupz!

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 2/25/00 5:12:42 AM

> The lesser activity in the european message
> board may have to do whith fact, that the
> coaster-hype is newer phenomenon in europe.
> I think it will change.

I am really open to ideas of what to do for this board. Everyone brings up good points and I reall have not decided what I ultimately am going to do with this forum. Yes it is slower, but I am trying to encourage the users of the other forums to check out this forum more often so they do not miss out.

But if you feel your messages are getting neglected then I don't want that to be the case either. If you feel that moving to the general discussion forum is best then I can be all for that.

Other things that can be done are trying to promote the forum. Let your friends now and spread the word. That helps a lot. Also the more you post the more people will get used to checking on a regular basis since there will be new things to read.

Let me know. I am open for feedback anytime and these boards can be easily changed and I can add more as well.

Eric Gieszl
Webmaster

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by joseph at 2/25/00 5:41:33 PM

> Is it just me, or is this board as dead as a
> doornail. The webmaster was considering
> closing it - and I tend to agree that
> closing it wouldn't bother many people at
> all.

Re: Does anybody ever read the messages here? by joseph at 2/25/00 5:47:59 PM

Lets try and keep it going. I'm new to the net and am still looking around. The seems a great site, so lets keep it alive. I agree that its a bit slow but I only found the site a couple of weeks ago! I'm sure it will continue to grow!
Have fun.
PS. What is Odyessy 2001?

Re: What is Odyssey 2001 by Nemedave at 2/28/00 7:15:02 AM

It's a rumored Vekoma SLC that's supposed to break the tallest inverted and tallest loop records. The rumors have done the net over it for the last 3 or 4 months, but as yet nothing concrete has appeared.