Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > oakwood / blackpool

oakwood / blackpool

gazoo

Posted:
2/12/00 at
10:34:16 AM

Views: 159

anyone able to tell me about how long it takes to drive to oakwood from blackpool pleasure beach? thank you

Re: oakwood / blackpool by Pete at 2/12/00 6:12:27 PM

> anyone able to tell me about how long it
> takes to drive to oakwood from blackpool
> pleasure beach? thank you

Hi there

Blackpool is two hours drive from me and oakwood is about 4hours from me so id say about 6hrs drive from both parks

hope that helps

Pete
User Submitted Picture

World of Coasters

Re: oakwood / blackpool by gazoo at 2/12/00 7:33:43 PM

Hi there Blackpool is two hours drive from me
> and oakwood is about 4hours from me so id
> say about 6hrs drive from both parks hope
> that helps Pete

thank you ...... might not be able to get to oakwood, then, given a limited visit to the uk.

Re: oakwood / blackpool by Cal at 2/16/00 5:34:34 AM

> Hi there Blackpool is two hours drive from
> me thank you ...... might not be able to
> get to oakwood, then, given a limited visit
> to the uk.

Wales doesn't have any really big roads so travel from the very south west of wales, where Oakwood is located, is going to be slow.

Where will you be based for your visit? There are other good parks within reach of Blackpool - Alton Towers is between 1-2 hours away (depending on traffic and how fast you drive) and Drayton Manor isn't far from Alton. If you go east from Blackpool to Yorkshire you can also get to Flamingoland is about 2 hours. It's rather an untidy, ramshackle park but has several coasters including the new Mach 3 (formerly Dreier Looping, a mirror image of Edmonton's Mindbender) and The Bullet (formerly Wiener Looping, the most demented shuttle loop on the planet). So Flamingoland is a must for Schwarzkopf fans.

Cal