Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Will Katun be Europe's Montu?

Will Katun be Europe's Montu?

Wendigo

Posted:
2/7/00 at
5:10:46 PM

Views: 341

I saw a drawing and some construction pictures of that Italian B&M inverted on the General Discussion Board on URC last week, and I would have to say that it looks like the Europark answear to BGT's Montu. Lets look at these similarities.

1) Both are mega inverteds

2) Both coasters are themed to ancient civilizations (Montu is Egyptian themed while Katun is Mayan themed)

3) Both coasters are named after ancient gods.
-Wendigo

Re: Will Katun be Europe's Montu? (I hope not) by Pete at 2/8/00 6:53:31 PM

> I saw a drawing and some construction
> pictures of that Italian B&M inverted on the
> General Discussion Board on URC last week,
> and I would have to say that it looks like
> the Europark answear to BGT's Montu. Lets
> look at these similarities. 1) Both are
> mega inverteds 2) Both coasters are themed
> to ancient civilizations (Montu is Egyptian
> themed while Katun is Mayan themed) 3) Both
> coasters are named after ancient gods.
> -Wendigo

I hope its not going to be like Montu I dont want all those added brakes on it. from what ive heard its ruined Montu but in a way it will be similar with the inversions and theming
User Submitted Picture

Word of Coasters

Re: Will Katun be Europe's Montu? (I hope not) by Nemedave at 2/11/00 4:25:00 AM

In order to keep capacity high those brakes are used on Montu so that 3 trains can be ran safely. Odds are that Katun will also use them so it isn't limited to 2 trains. And yes, I know Olympia Looping has ran with as many as 5 trains safely, just the parks and matbe, B&M don't see it that way. Either way I'm not bothered. Any B&M even with braking as severe as Alpengeists will be in my top 10 next year.

Re: Will Katun be Europe's Montu? (I hope not) by Pete at 2/11/00 7:39:46 AM

> In order to keep capacity high those brakes
> are used on Montu so that 3 trains can be
> ran safely. Odds are that Katun will also
> use them so it isn't limited to 2 trains.
> And yes, I know Olympia Looping has ran with
> as many as 5 trains safely, just the parks
> and matbe, B&M don't see it that way. Either
> way I'm not bothered. Any B&M even with
> braking as severe as Alpengeists will be in
> my top 10 next year.

Hi there
The point I was making is not the mid coures brakes the brakes I was on about are before the Batwing (or so ive heard).
see ya
Pete
User Submitted Picture

World of Coasters

Re: Will Katun be Europe's Montu? (I hope not) by BigYoda at 2/17/00 10:09:51 PM

Montu may have a trim brake but it doesn't really effect it. The Batwing still has some heavy Gs. The midcoarse is what kills it.