Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Lightwater Valley

Lightwater Valley

Nemedave

Posted:
1/11/00 at
6:57:02 AM

Views: 179

I know it's not the most popular park under the sun (or should that be clouds?), but with the ultimate's length record being broken, does anyone have any ideas as to what Lightwater's doing to keep itself going? If I'm not mistaken the only 'major' additions of the last few years were an old Schwarzkopf city jet and a single rail suspended coaster. Which suggests a lack of .

Re: Lightwater Valley by Cal at 1/11/00 7:34:10 AM

> I know it's not the most popular park under
> the sun (or should that be clouds?), but
> with the ultimate's length record being
> broken, does anyone have any ideas as to
> what Lightwater's doing to keep itself
> going? If I'm not mistaken the only 'major'
> additions of the last few years were an old
> Schwarzkopf city jet and a single rail
> suspended coaster. Which suggests a lack of
> .

The last rumour I heard was LWV cutting the Ultimate in half to decrease maintenance costs! I really hope this doesn't happen because, love it or hate it, it's the park's chief draw. I quite like the ride myself.
I've no idea what else they might add. It's a shame as there seems to be plenty of room for expansion.

Cal

Re: Lightwater Valley by Nemedave at 1/13/00 7:04:33 AM

It'd be nice if they brought back a decent looping ride - remember the soopaloopa? I have something a regret about that coaster - I didn't have the bottle to go on it at back in the late 80's and now it's gone.

Re: Lightwater Valley by Cal at 1/14/00 6:30:42 AM

> It'd be nice if they brought back a decent
> looping ride - remember the soopaloopa? I
> have something a regret about that coaster -
> I didn't have the bottle to go on it at back
> in the late 80's and now it's gone.

That coaster went to American Adventure but they took it out last year. Don't know where it is now - I've never ridden it either. Ah well,

Cal

Re: Lightwater Valley by Pete at 1/14/00 9:51:10 AM

That coaster went to American Adventure but they
> took it out last year. Don't know where it
> is now - I've never ridden it either. Ah
> well, Cal

I did not know they took it out last year when was this at the end of season? its not that im bothered it was pretty dull anyway.
ttfn
Pete

World-of-Coasters