Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills

Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills

hatt

Posted:
5/23/11 at
11:52:51 AM

Views: 6734

The park applied for construction permit to build a drop tower for next year. As the new owners of the park bought for this year the used Boomerang from the defunct Tivoliland Aalborg, I assume this would be the drop tower from the same park.

Documents

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/24/11 10:10:55 AM

Well, that's a step in the right direction. Can we have a Gerstlauer Bobsled and Gravity Group woodie next, please? :)

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/27/11 7:01:56 PM

Whoah, whoah, whoah...

I must apologise for my laziness, but I've checked this out in more detail and apparently it's 60m tall with a 50m drop. That's massive, much bigger than the old one.

http://www.coasterforce.com/news/park-news/1534-pleasurewood-hills-to-reach-for-the-sky

Just as exciting is that a "Lawful Development Certificate" has been issued, meaning that anything can be built in the park up to 25m without planning permission (I would assume noise would still be a factor, but I don't know). This is rather like Thorpe Park's ceiling, which was of a very similar height (30m, if I recall correctly).

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31721

It seems Pleasurewood's new owners really mean business, and it sounds like they've got themselves a good agent/consultant too. ;)

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 5/30/11 1:24:17 PM

A drop tower eh? That would add another (and much needed) thrill ride to PWH. Brilliant news!

Chris.

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/30/11 6:50:43 PM

> A drop tower eh? That would add another (and much needed)
> thrill ride to PWH. Brilliant news!

I think it's great news too, and sends a good message. Not only are they replacing a popular ride, they're doing it better!

I just hope they get a really good coaster soon. The reason we don't go to Pleasurewood Hills any more is because our favourite ride was the Mouse. Some of my family don't like loops, and so there is not a really good coaster we can ride.

I really want to go again, but we need that extra incentive. How special it would be if they could get something as good as Megafobia. That'd really be a good reason to visit every year!

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 5/31/11 12:21:35 PM

What are the chances, indeed....

I have to say that I would indeed go back regardless, as I really like the park. It's neat and tidy and free from the corporate image. Well, saying that, I seem to remember some dodgy blue, sailor type uniforms on the staff, but apart from that, it had a lovely family/independent feel to it :)

Like you though, I'd welcome gladly some new additions.

Chris.

Re: Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/8/11 11:21:16 PM

Bit out of the loop of late, but this is fantastic news for Pleasurewood. :)