Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park

Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
4/17/11 at
4:54:17 PM

Views: 6805

Something that I've just read in the latest First Drop interested me about this ride. Unlike most Dive Machines, Krake will feature 6-across seating and, perhaps even more interesting, standard B&M gauge track (previous Dive Machines used double gauge).

For some reason, this makes it more appealing to my mind. I wonder if they can even do vertical loops now?

Re: Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 4/18/11 5:58:05 PM

TV Advert

Love it! It's very much like the oblivion advert!

There are some amazing photos from the opening day on Theme Park Review

It's a shame they didn't send the first drop through the Kraken's mouth, that would have been awesome.

Personally I think this is a nice addition, the Heide Park coasters on the main are painted green and white, they needed a coaster with a stand out personality. Desert Race is too dull and while Colossos probably is an exhilarating coaster its identity is a little bit bland

> For some reason, this makes it more appealing to my mind. I
> wonder if they can even do vertical loops now?

Guess if you really wanted one, I guess they go for the dive loops, as it's a bit more of a swoopy sensation than your standard looping coaster

Re: Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/18/11 6:33:15 PM

> TV Advert
> Love it! It's very much like the oblivion advert!

That's quite scary!

> Guess if you really wanted one, I guess they go for the
> dive loops, as it's a bit more of a swoopy sensation than
> your standard looping coaster

Yeah, fair enough, I was just curious really. By the way, are you going to tell us what you-know-what was like...? ;)

Re: Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/25/11 10:09:26 AM

Ooooh, I got chills from the commercial...I love it! Graz, I think B&M will be going back to the 6 across, from what I read on Theme Park Review, the trains on SheiKra and Griffon are far too heavy, thus they can only really do so much.

Raptor POV

Re: Krake - Dive Machine at Heide Park by hatt at 5/1/11 8:03:15 AM

The dive into the Kraken mouth and through a shipwreck was delayed due to missing construction permits and should be added next winter season...

I think the ride is too small and too short, another helix or something would have been nice.