Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dizz Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland

Dizz Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland

the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile

Posted:
1/19/11 at
11:23:31 AM

Views: 5245

The second new spinning coaster for 2011 in Belgium, will open at Bobbejaanland, who are also celebrating their 50th birthday in 2011

Dizz is a custom layout Maurer Söhne Xtended Spinning Coaster

Photobucket

Looks to have some lovely swoooshy turns, sure it will be a brilliant addition to the parks bonkers collection of slightly more unusual attractions

There's a fantastic video on the park's facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150319521975361

Re: Dizz Maurer Söhne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/19/11 6:19:15 PM

Looks good. I'd still like to ride one of these, as well as some more Bobsleds.

Re: Dizz Maurer Söhne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/22/11 2:39:49 AM

If I heard this right, the spinning coaster wont come in 2011 as the park is planning to re-open TURBINE, which overhauled and might now be completely enclosed.

I have no idea if the spinner will come next year...

Re: Walibi Belgium Turbine by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 1/22/11 10:42:32 AM

> If I heard this right, the spinning coaster wont come in

We are at Bobbejaanland not Walibi Belgium Trick ;)

> as the park is planning to re-open TURBINE, which
> overhauled and might now be completely enclosed.

Yes I've heard Turbine will be closed while they enclose the entire track. The coaster is literally in the gardens of the houses which back onto the park, so it's hoped this will make it quiet for the neighbours

I feel sorry for Walibi Belgium it's never quite had that really big signature coaster. Vertigo didn't quite make it off the ground. Aqualibi was closed all of last year whilst they re-built it, Turbine is closed a lot of the time and Loup-Garou is plagued with technical issues

Re: Walibi Belgium Turbine by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/24/11 3:08:29 AM

Oh, now this is embarassing ;=)
To my defense: I am living in New Zealand at the moment and this is far, far away.

Re: Dizz Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 3/29/11 6:38:32 PM

That's quite the distance, Tricky. What made you go to New Zealand?

Re: Dizz Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster at Bobbejaanland by Graeme Graeme Profile at 3/29/11 7:07:39 PM

I forgot you were living in New Zealand, TrickTrack. Hope you are OK after the Christchurch earthquake.