Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island

Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
11/25/10 at
11:48:33 AM

Views: 2392

Adventure Island is getting a Zamperla coaster for next year, perhaps the same as the Circus Coaster at Luna Park.

If this is the case, I do wonder why they want such a small coaster in addition to the ones they already have.

Adventure Island Guide

Re: Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/9/10 8:28:25 AM

> Adventure Island is getting a Zamperla coaster for next
> year, perhaps the same as the Circus Coaster at Luna Park.
> If this is the case, I do wonder why they want such a small
> coaster in addition to the ones they already have.

I really agree the park will have four coasters that do pretty much the same thing, i can understand wanting to pitch the rides at a younger audience but you could get some variations on the sitdown gentle junior coaster

It would be great to see the park add something that fits in between Rage and the kiddie coasters, like a Bobsled coaster or even a wooden coaster, Twister at Gröna Lund proves you can squeeze in a woodie into a park with space limitations, although Green Scream is taking up far too much real estate for what it offers

Re: Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island by Hurri Hurri Profile at 12/17/10 8:44:13 AM

The new coaster will be a Mini Band ride, so it'll provide a great starter coaster for kids as there will be no minimum height restriction.

Re: Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/17/10 12:39:38 PM

> The new coaster will be a Mini Band ride, so it'll provide
> a great starter coaster for kids as there will be no
> minimum height restriction.

I see. Looking at your website, there are three categories:

Big - Rage

Junior - Barnstormer, Green Scream, Mini Mega

Mini - 2011 coaster

Re: Zamperla Coaster for Adventure Island by Hurri Hurri Profile at 12/20/10 10:38:17 AM

Yep - so the only restriction for the 2011 coaster will be 'no babes in arms' but kids can go on it pretty much as long as they can sit up by themselves. On Barn, Mini and GS there's a minimum restriction of 1 metre, so lots of kids that are confident enough to ride a roller coaster are unable to go on them.