Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > New Woodie for Grona Lund

New Woodie for Grona Lund

hatt

Posted:
8/9/10 at
5:46:50 AM

Views: 7572

After the Vekoma Suspended Coaster, the Intamin Insance Coaster, the Zamperla Kiddie Coaster, Gröna Lund will present yet another coaster next year: a short Gravity Group Woodie called twister. Absolutely crazy to squeeze another coaster in this small park this will be a very nice addition to the skyline as well.

Nice sidenote: They already announced a new ghost train for next year. Very very impressive what the new owners (park enthusiasts which owns a big supermarket chain in Sweden) invest in their parks!

Twister Infos

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 8/9/10 9:53:29 AM

> After the Vekoma Suspended Coaster, the Intamin Insance
> Coaster, the Zamperla Kiddie Coaster, Gröna Lund will
> present yet another coaster next year: a short Gravity
> Group Woodie called twister. Absolutely crazy to squeeze
> another coaster in this small park this will be a very nice
> addition to the skyline as well.

WOW! That looks nuts, the way it's squeezed in/over/under three existing coasters is very impressive

Looks like it'll be using the timberliner trains too

This reminds me of the S&S woodie avalanche at timber falls which used a short train and modest height but had very fast turns . . . the animation does seems very fast!

> Nice sidenote: They already announced a new ghost train for
> next year. Very very impressive what the new owners (park
> enthusiasts which owns a big supermarket chain in Sweden)
> invest in their parks!
>

Are the park still planning to expand into the land adjacent to the park with the inverted coaster in the future?

HighExtreme

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by Graeme Graeme Profile at 8/9/10 10:26:54 AM

Very good to see Europe get its first Gravity Group woodie. I hope it has Timberliners and I look forward to hearing the reviews.

I have to say, a woodie, a Gerstlauer Bobsled... this is my kind of park!

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 8/11/10 11:55:33 PM

I can't believe they're going to manage to shoehorn YET another coaster...really! Stu, I was thinking how Avalanche-esque it looked, and yeah, the animation is sped up. Still, it looks great.

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 4/22/11 7:50:29 AM

Twister has had it's first test run, you can see results in this youtube clip

Love the way the train snakes its way through the twists looks to be an interesting ride and good to finally see an outing of the timberliner trains

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/22/11 1:54:45 PM

Now that's my idea of a roller coaster. Let's get some Gravity Group coasters with Timberliners and some GCI coasters with Millennium Flyers over here in the UK. :)

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by hatt at 5/1/11 8:10:12 AM

From what I heard, Twister was running much faster after some runs. And the revamped ghost train looks amazing as well!

Cant wait to see it this summer...

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/2/11 6:44:32 PM

Looks like a really good ride. Loads of airtime.

Re: New woodie for Gröna Lund by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 5/30/11 1:43:28 PM

I'm really not too sure on what to make of this ride. The trains are such an unsual design. They look like some type of high tech arm chairs, boosted up on platforms. There's also a high pitch noise from the wheels on the track that annoys me....

That said though, the ride looks very fun to actually ride!

Chris.