Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gerstlauer Bobsleds

Gerstlauer Bobsleds

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
7/30/10 at
3:48:56 PM

Views: 2400

So, four years on from Cobra, does anyone else think it's surprising and a great shame that more Gerstlauer Bobsleds weren't built? Two more Euro Fighters were ordered for the UK, but no Bobsleds.

Cobra at Paultons is hands down the best non-looping steel coaster I've ridden. Better than the Big One, better than the Ultimate - not just relatively but in actual terms.

It's crafted by geniuses. All the drops have airtime, and it's smooth as silk. I just think it'd be great if we could get some more.

Re: Gerstlauer Bobsleds by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 7/31/10 11:43:56 AM

I think that the market is tough for these kind of rides. Most parks would probably buy for a Wild Mouse and/or a Vekoma Roller-Skater (if they haven´t already) or a spinning coaster and then they would consider the family-non-looping-segment covered.

I also think that the Bobsleds are great rides and I wouldn´t mind seeing more of them, but I also think that they are pretty hard to market as a major investment.

Re: Gerstlauer Bobsleds by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/31/10 12:07:07 PM

I'm sure if they launched one, there might be another one built. Shame really, they don't require alot of room, and appear to be more exciting than a wild mouse or Rollerskater.

Re: Gerstlauer Bobsleds by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/31/10 6:23:48 PM

> I think that the market is tough for these kind of rides.
> Most parks would probably buy for a Wild Mouse and/or a
> Vekoma Roller-Skater (if they haven´t already) or a
> spinning coaster and then they would consider the
> family-non-looping-segment covered.

> I also think that the Bobsleds are great rides and I
> wouldn´t mind seeing more of them, but I also think that
> they are pretty hard to market as a major investment.

All good points, TrickTrack. It's a shame that a park would buy an off-the-shelf wild mouse instead, because Bobsleds are so much better. To ride one, you'd believe B&M had built a mouse.

Vekoma Roller Skaters are the best junior coasters I've ridden, but Bobsleds can be that much bigger and more thrilling. I'd love one at Adventure Island, Southend, where I believe it would be very visible and draw people in.