Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Joris en de Draak POV

Joris en de Draak POV

Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile

Posted:
7/8/10 at
10:47:18 AM

Views: 1920

Here's some lovely footage from Eftling's new racing GCI courtesy of Theme Park Review...I have to say, this, is a really impressive GCI...

* This Post Has Been Modified *

User Submitted Picture

Joris en de Draak

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/8/10 6:12:14 PM

Good stuff, thanks Tim! I'm very impressed with the dragon, and I also note it has a double-up and a double-down!

In other news (I meant to put this in the Cliff Railway thread), my neck is finally on the mend (it hasn't hurt this month), so hopefully I'll start riding coasters again soon!

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/8/10 10:59:27 PM

Umm, watch the video again, there's a triple up after the first drop...I completely went nuts...So is this coaster Graeme approved then? ;)

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 7/9/10 1:39:25 AM

If you watch very close, you´ll see that there is also an outward-banked curve at the end of the ride.

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/9/10 8:36:49 AM

Yeah, the first time I saw that I wasn't sure if I was seeing things...Nice to see GCI branching out even more...:)

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/9/10 12:40:27 PM

> If you watch very close, you´ll see that there is also an
> outward-banked curve at the end of the ride.

Shame for you it doesn't bank left, then right, then left, then right... ;)

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/9/10 3:20:35 PM

Nah, it's only a matter of time before TGG or Intamin do it...:P

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 7/10/10 5:34:28 AM

Lets call it a trick-track anyway!?! ;)

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/12/10 5:00:28 PM

> Lets call it a trick-track anyway!?! ;)

Yeah, wouldn't you like that, eh Tricky? :P

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by hatt at 7/16/10 4:55:11 AM

I rode it yesterday and it's a very very nice coaster. I already loved Lightning Racer for the duelling and racing effect and despite Joris is shorter, it makes as much fun. The first drop with the triple-up (not as spectacular as I expected it to be) is great racing next to each other. The tracks have some more nice elements as the mentioned "wrong" banking and some nice surprising drops. Theming is very well done as well, not a surprise for Efteling...
It is not the super thrilling coaster but it is pure fun (apart from the lame operations).

P.S. Flying Dutchmen is such a brilliant themed ride. If it would have only a good ride system :-(

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 7/25/10 6:13:41 AM

> I rode it yesterday and it's a very very nice coaster. I
> already loved Lightning Racer for the duelling and racing
> effect and despite Joris is shorter, it makes as much fun.
> The first drop with the triple-up (not as spectacular as I
> expected it to be) is great racing next to each other. The
> tracks have some more nice elements as the mentioned
> "wrong" banking and some nice surprising drops.
> It is not the super thrilling coaster but it is pure fun
> (apart from the lame operations).

Thanks for the review hatt it does look a great coaster

I'm sure I've said this before, it's radical how Toverland a relatively new attraction can scare the established/most successful park in Netherlands into demolishing and replacing their existing wooden coaster

If only there was a park in the UK that could threaten the established parks into pulling their fingers out!

HighExtreme

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/25/10 6:08:29 PM

Yes, thank you hatt.

> If only there was a park in the UK that could threaten the
> established parks into pulling their fingers out!

Quite. Even though I'd be very happy if one of the big two parks got a woodie, I think they'd be even better at the smaller parks. Somewhere like Pleasurewood Hills or Pleasure Island could up their game in a jiffy with a good GCI or Gravity Group coaster.

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/28/10 12:24:44 PM

I have to agree with Graeme on this one. Thing is, it doesn't have to be that big, it just has to be something unique and fun to scare the crap out of the big two.

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/29/10 8:46:38 AM

> I have to agree with Graeme on this one. Thing is, it
> doesn't have to be that big, it just has to be something
> unique and fun to scare the crap out of the big two.

Absolutely. I reckon 60-100ft is about the right size range for a woodie, although I wouldn't say no to Shivering Timbers. As long as it's smooth and great fun, they're the most important things.

If it was 86ft, they could call it "The UK's Tallest Wooden Coaster", then someone could build one 87ft and call that the tallest. It sounds like I'm being silly, but I'm not. Marketing claims mean a lot to parks, and I know "Biggest Woodie" has always meant a lot to me on a national level. I always loved my woodies, and when I saw they'd made an even bigger one in Wales my excitement went through the roof.

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/31/10 12:03:14 PM

I mean, woodies are incredibly cheap to build, especially at the 60-100 ft mark. I think the problem is, most parks don't want the upkeeping that comes with a woodie. Actually, a woodie is like a dog, you give it lots of love, and in return, it will live a long, happy life.

Re: Joris en de Draak POV by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/31/10 6:34:52 PM

> I mean, woodies are incredibly cheap to build, especially
> at the 60-100 ft mark. I think the problem is, most parks
> don't want the upkeeping that comes with a woodie.
> Actually, a woodie is like a dog, you give it lots of love,
> and in return, it will live a long, happy life.

Yes, they are a labour of love.