Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Quick TP TR

Quick TP TR

twpburton

Posted:
6/15/10 at
7:30:34 AM

Views: 1938

Well I thought it would be rude not to squeeze a trip in at some point this year, and strangely enough after yesterday I might even be tempted to return for a 2nd dose of thorpemania.

Early start to avoid the inevitable school groups and students who are meant to be studying... Trouble was traffic was awful and we ended up arriving at around 10.30. There was quite a nice sight though, hardly any school coaches and a relatively empty car park.

Onwards to the ticket office with my 2 friends to exchange the vouchers I had for 3 x £10 tickets courtasy of TESCO clubcard. After a short wait, we dawdled into the park at around 11am. A usual lost city start with a wake up on vortex. Still love it :)

Then over to Stealth. My 2 friends had been to thorpe before but quite a long time ago, so it was nice to be in company of some first timers on some of the rides.

Smooth as ever Stealth never ceases to excite me and we came off buzzing! Then over to nemesis area via rumba rapids. Bit disappointed as many of the water features weren't working (waterfall and the spray jets at the end) For such a hot sunny day, i'd have liked to have been squirted at a few times!

Nemesis was great as usual. 2 trains running (as was stealth) so the already short queues were moving very quickly.

Then time for some slammer action followed by SAW and SAW Alive.... Saw was pretty nice to ride again. Smooth, fast and fun. Saw Alive... what a pile of pants in my opinion! I recognised one scene from the films and the rest was dark, smokey, smelly and quite frankly boring. Not a patch on the mazes at fright nights, I think the trouble is the people inside the maze do it week in week out and they just don't have the enthusiasm. very disappointed.

Then some grub over at that bbq place with a nice cold magners and a burger mmmm

After this we had pretty much done everything we wanted to do. Went over to rush which had reopened. Wasnt' too bothered about colossus or xnowayout or some of the other "thrill rides". So back over to stealth for a front seat ride. LOOOOOVELY :) After a few repeat rides and saying hello to a few old friends we headed back towards the car park for an earlyish exit (4pm) nice to get loads in and beat the traffic on the way out.

All in all a great day out, however there was one thing that really got under my skin. You now have to pay £2 to get out of the car park. Almost as rediculous as paying 50p for a park map all those years ago. But as I hardly paid a thing for the tickets I obliged. Im sure a few people are miffed by this though!

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/15/10 10:24:29 AM

Tbanks for the TR, Tom.

Have you seen the new mid-term plan? It shows three areas for new coasters. Let's hope they're good ones!

Thorpe Mid-Term Plan

Re: Quick TP TR by twpburton at 6/15/10 11:00:08 AM

well lets just hope they listen to what people want as opposed to what they think they should have....

Re: Quick TP TR by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 6/16/10 4:30:03 AM

I didn´t pay much attention to the whole SAW-thing beside the actual coaster. Is Saw Alive an additional walk-through attraction or part of the regular queue for the coaster?

Do they charge you twice for parking (in and out)? That would be hilarious! Remember the car park in one Simpsons-episode called "pay and park and pay"?

Re: Quick TP TR by twpburton at 6/16/10 9:15:39 AM

lol no they just charge you for exiting :D although it wouldn't surprise me....

Saw - Alive is a separate attraction to the ride. Its been set up on that old boat that used to sit down near zodiac. If you've been to fright nights and been through one of the mazes, you'll know exactly what to expect. But it just doesn't have the same impact. :/

By the way, does anybody use the no limits software? I'm downloading it after playing the demo last night. Looks very impressive. And yes I know its been around for ages! I'm just catching up lol

Re: Quick TP TR by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/25/10 6:31:05 PM

> Tbanks for the TR, Tom.

> Have you seen the new mid-term plan? It shows three areas
> for new coasters. Let's hope they're good ones!

Everytime I open one of these, it's the same thing...anyways, any chance you could put it on a link Graz?

Cheers.

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/2/10 7:09:20 PM

> Everytime I open one of these, it's the same
> thing...anyways, any chance you could put it on a link
> Graz?

This is the link here. Sorry if it doesn't work. I'll try and get you the image sometime if you can't open it.

Thorpe Mid-Term Plan

Re: Quick TP TR by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/3/10 11:39:04 AM

This didn't work again...Grrrrr...

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/19/10 12:54:26 PM

OK Tim, I've finally found the images. Here's what's planned:

* 2012 coaster, 50m high
* 2015 coaster, 40m high

Hopefully the 2012 coaster is the B&M Wing Walker, and if the 2015 coaster is an Intamin (like I've heard), wouldn't it be fantastic if it was a Mega-Lite? It'd have the appeal of a woodie and hypercoaster rolled into one.

Very exciting times, I think Thorpe Park is on the up again.

Total Thorpe Park

Re: Quick TP TR by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/22/10 12:36:08 PM

Thank you sir. It's weird, I have Screamscape in my faves, but I can't access it that way, but if I type in screamscape, I have no troubles at all.

But yes, definitely good times ahead for Thorpe! :)

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/22/10 6:10:09 PM

I think "we" (me) might have counted our chickens a bit with this 3-B&M deal Merlin are supposed to have done. I for one assumed they were all Wing Walkers. However, it's suggested in First Drop that althugh the Gardaland coaster may be a Wing Walker, the Heide Park coaster might be a Dive Machine and the Thorpe Park ride might actually be the Flying Coaster!

Now this is hard for me to say, as I wanted a flying coaster, but I'm not sure a 50m ride is right for one. Yes, I wanted one "on the same scale as Nemesis Inferno" like they planned, but this large design doesn't sound too good. For one thing, it's alleged to drop straight into a pretzel loop (rather than having an actual first drop). It just doesn't sound a very appealing design to me - I'd rather have one that was very long, with no inversions (apart from zero G rolls) and was all about flying.

If they are going to build a 50m B&M wouldn't a Floorless be better? Or, how about a Speedcoaster, but a twister, like a smaller version of Raging Bull.

Just trying to get my suggestions in early, because I think they'd be better rides.

Re: Quick TP TR by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/23/10 1:27:41 AM

The speedcoaster actually sounds like the best idea, to be frank...well, my name is Tim... I would love to see a flyer, but all the footage of the B&M flyers just don't wow me...mind you, riding would be a different case. I should mention that Air, and Tatsu are the exceptions.

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/23/10 11:09:41 AM

> The speedcoaster actually sounds like the best idea, to be
> frank...well, my name is Tim... I would love to see a
> flyer, but all the footage of the B&M flyers just don't wow
> me...mind you, riding would be a different case. I should
> mention that Air, and Tatsu are the exceptions.

Air is the only design that makes sense to me, and I'd love to see a longer version without any inversions and without any time on your back (which is not a problem on Air, it's just boring).

The exception would be zero G rolls, because the "half zero" on Air is great.

Re: Quick TP TR by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 7/23/10 12:28:30 PM

Bah, Vekoma flyers are much better. lol

I wish B&M would do something more with their flyers...They're all too samey. I know it's the parks that order them and such, but you know what I mean. The speedcoasters are samey, but the capacity is a hell of a lot better, and would be fairly more thrilling...

Re: Quick TP TR by Graeme Graeme Profile at 7/23/10 5:55:31 PM

> I wish B&M would do something more with their
> flyers...They're all too samey. I know it's the parks that
> order them and such, but you know what I mean. The
> speedcoasters are samey, but the capacity is a hell of a
> lot better, and would be fairly more thrilling...

No complaints from me. Junior hypercoasters are probably what the UK needs more than anything.

Re: Quick TP TR by StealthAndGoliath StealthAndGoliath Profile at 8/22/10 5:59:02 PM

They need:
A flying coaster, I've been on Tatsu and loved it
A boomerang ride
Maybe a reverse freefall coaster
A split/duel ride

(not necessary all of the above :L)

What I would love is an even bigger, faster stealth but I'm obsessed with Stealth