Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer

Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
4/21/10 at
10:24:28 AM

Views: 2678

The Jet Star II is all ready to go. Doesn't it look awesome?

Coasters and More - Belantis

Re: Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer by hatt at 4/22/10 8:48:56 AM

It looks beautiful and I really hope it will find a buyer. With another Jet Star recently sold to Movieland in Italy and another Schwarzkopf Looping Coaster sold to Zoomarine in Rome, it seems, that there is a market right now for well kept Schwarzkopf coasters...

Re: Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/23/10 4:33:45 PM

The Jet Star II is simultaneously my favourite and least favourite Schwarzkopf that I've ridden - favourite because of the layout and least favourite because it was in the dark. I'd love to ride both a Jet Star II and a Jumbo Jet (which I haven't ridden at all) outdoors.

Re: Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 4/26/10 9:43:31 AM

Wow that looks amazing! Great to see the ride has been given a new breathe of life, lets hope somebody picks it up

Does anybody know if Movieland's Jet Star is the one from Loudoun castle, as they got the freefall ride from Loudoun/bembom a few seasons back now?

Re: Black Hole Refurbished by Gerstlauer by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 5/7/10 1:46:35 AM

It's too bad Alton couldn't have had this done when it was still Black Hole. regardless, it looks great, and I do think someone will pick it up. I tip my hat to Gerstlauer, if this is a success, maybe we might find them restoring other Schwarzkopfs (and still making rides, mind you).